tModLoader Tremor Remastered [discontinued]

Do you like Tremor Mod? (If "No" please tell why)

• Yes!

Votes: 1,490 86.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 241 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one small question since the description is a bit vague. How do I exactly get the arabian merchant ? I left my pc on over night with an empty house in the desert and he still isn't there .That's what I assumed since it says "Spawns in Desert with some chance.". Or does he spawn tied down? If yes where can he spawn ? Can he spawn in the antlion caverns ? I have been looking around for ~2 hours in those caverns too.

Last edited:
I have one small question since the description is a bit vague. How do I exactly get the arabian merchant ? I left my pc on over night with an empty house in the desert and he still isn't there .That's what I assumed since it says "Spawns in Desert with some chance.". Or does he spawn tied down? If yes where can he spawn ? Can he spawn in the antlion caverns ? I have been looking around for ~2 hours in those caverns too.
I -think- he only spawns once you've killed the Rukh now. That info is a bit outdated. You need to summon and defeat the Rukh for him to move in and he'll move in like any normal npc would at a house wherever.

Is this capable of supporting multiplayer now? I'm considering trying it, but I'd rather only do so with a couple friends. Hard to play Terraria solo, these days. xP

So I've decided to give this mod a whirl, and so far everything looks great! I kinda wish ladders worked like ropes, but it is nice just to HAVE actual ladders (though I wonder why they refuse to defy gravity like anything else does; you can't even hang them from a ceiling). I would also like to take a moment to thank you for the wood plank walls. FINALLY, something that actually looks decent without having to go and hunt down boreal wood just to make a wood house that looks decent. Thanks so much for this.

One thing I will note, though, is that a lot of the new armors and weapons early-game are seemingly a bit lack-luster. I'm currently wearing Tungsten Armor and I noticed that everything is either about the same, or maybe even slightly weaker. If something is stronger than Tungsten, it is only barely so (like Steel Armor).

Steel Armor in particular seems a bit underwhelming to me. To even GET Steel Armor, you need a Lava Bucket, which means going way down to the Lava Layer with a bucket. Then, once you do that, the rest is easy... but once you make the armor (it takes a lot of charcoal!), you end up with something that is barely better than what you already had. In fact, you are probably more likely to get Shadow/Crimson Armor before you ever get close to making Steel, and those armors are significantly better (except for the mild crit chance modifier, but meh).

And Bronze... considering that the metal transmutator needs SIX Diamonds (which don't exactly fall out of the sky), I can't really forsee myself ever getting ahold of any bronze anytime soon, and by the time I do, most likely those armors/weapons won't be of much use to me either because I will already have had better.

And then there's Ingvar Gear. I can kinda see the thought process behind Ingvar Armor -- you could, instead of spelunking, stick around on the surface and kill undead warriors until you get enough junk to melt down into metal and get some decent starter equipment that way... but then again, this means fighting lots of zombies and said undead warriors which is significantly more difficult than just jumping in a cave straight away (you'll fight bats and slimes most of the time which are far easier to kill), especially if all you got is a wood sword or a cactus sword... you're better off just jumping in the caves right off the bat.

A nice idea, though the implementation of it is... well, I think it could use a few tweaks. By the time you get something that can reliably fight the zombies/undead warriors... you won't be needing the ingvar equipment afterall, which is a pity because some of it looks reasonably cool.

Hopefully the Hardmode stuff doesn't follow suit; it's kinda a shame to see all of the new shinies and then find out that they aren't any better than what you've already been using.

Also, one question... I noted on the front page, it says that "All Shields reduce movement speed" ... does this include the Vanilla Shields too (please tell me it doesn't....)? How much movement speed loss is it? And do the new shields give knockback immunity, or is it only the cobalt/obsidian/ankh shields that do that?

Last edited:
By the way, I feel like using copper tools is better than invar, they mine too slow. Don't make it actually swing faster, just increase the use time, not the animation.

By the way, I feel like using copper tools is better than invar, they mine too slow. Don't make it actually swing faster, just increase the use time, not the animation.

Mining Speed has absolutely nothing to do with the Swing Animation or even the Use Time. You could have a pickaxe that swings as slow as a Breaker Blade but yet dig out 3+ blocks in one swing if the pickaxe was powerful enough.

Consider the Hardmode Ore Pickaxes -- an Oricalchum Pickaxe can hit a block 2-3 times per each swing animation.

Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestion, but there's only one problem, i'm playing as a summoner, BOOM! i think i should stick with my 615489132186489 rows of platform :p This mod is great so far, but the modded tools/armors in pre-hardmode still weaker than vanilla. Look at Xylia post for more information. :d

Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestion, but there's only one problem, i'm playing as a summoner, BOOM! i think i should stick with my 615489132186489 rows of platform :p This mod is great so far, but the modded tools/armors in pre-hardmode still weaker than vanilla. Look at Xylia post for more information. :d
Naw, the Nightingale set is pretty beastly pre-hardmode. You do need a blood moon though.

Naw, the Nightingale set is pretty beastly pre-hardmode. You do need a blood moon though.

Well, perhaps 1 of the armors is good, but what about all the rest? Seems kinda silly to have all of these new shinies... but most of them are weaker than Tungsten, lol. I'm not asking for overpowered "gimme hellstone quality armor at the beginning of the game" type stuff, but the point that these armors are weaker than gold/platinum armors, but nearly as hard to obtain?

I suppose they could be used for vanity, but still.

Well, perhaps 1 of the armors is good, but what about all the rest? Seems kinda silly to have all of these new shinies... but most of them are weaker than Tungsten, lol. I'm not asking for overpowered "gimme hellstone quality armor at the beginning of the game" type stuff, but the point that these armors are weaker than gold/platinum armors, but nearly as hard to obtain?

Weaker but nearly as hard to obtain. That's the point. They're a new stepping stone. A pretty redundant one but still.

You can still make do with it using the arena I mentioned. The Antlion mount will help to stay away from him. The slime mount will help to bounce around and avoid too much pressure. You could also go start fishing up some stuff to make summoning/ironskin/swiftness/Endurance potions. Also if you don't have it yet try the slime upgrade mod and use the honey slime. He's small but if you build your arena properly he can move quick and do a lot of damage.

I actually find a lot of the early game armors useful. Sure they're not as defensive at times but they do a hella job with some things. Like the Harpy armors slowfall and high jumping abilities is pretty useful as ranged and for general exploration of caves.

Weaker but nearly as hard to obtain. That's the point. They're a new stepping stone. A pretty redundant one but still.

Well, as I said in my above post... Silver/Tungsten are not hard by any means to obtain and they have roughly equal power to several of the new sets added by this mod (without some of the fancy +% crit here, +% damage here which isn't going to do much at this point in the game).

For example... Ingvar vs Tungsten... Tungsten has what, 2-3 defense more, something like that, and lacks the +10%-ish melee/ranged/magic damages that the Ingvar set has... but when you have a weapon that only does 10-12 damage... you're talking about 1-2 damage. To get Ingvar, you need to fight a lot of Undead Warriors (which are somewhat of an uncommon pop). To get Tungsten, well, you dive into caves, fighting way easier mobs (most of the time... unless something like an Aphis (sp?) or the blue fairies pop). Even then, if you have a spear, you have nothing to fear (lol, rhyme) as these new, stronger mobs can be knocked back into oblivion and they'll never touch you (and they are rather weak offensively if they DO touch you).

Or, Steel Armor. About the same as Tungsten (maybe 2-ish defense better), but requires you to go down to the Lava Layer to get a Lava Bucket, and then burn a bunch of wood into charcoal (we're talking nearly 100 wood here) and then smelt the Steel. By the time you get a Lava Bucket and the ability to make Steel... you probably found nearly enough Tungsten/Silver to make a whole suit of armor anyways.

My point in all of this, is that we get lots of side-grades, and duplicates, and alternate paths... that don't really make much sense. Now, it IS good that they seemingly added more varieties of Ranged/Magic/Summon Armor (having to wait until the dungeon for armor that made your ranged weapons better was lame) is nice. I rather like that idea.

I suppose I'm just kinda wishing that they had made more variety in what armor does, such as adding abilities onto those armors to make them different. For example...

Ingvar: 50% of damage taken reflected back to attacker.
Steel: 50% Knockback Resist.

etc. etc.

That way, I might be tempted to wear Steel instead of Silver or even Shadow Armor, because I hate knockback for example.

You can still make do with it using the arena I mentioned. The Antlion mount will help to stay away from him. The slime mount will help to bounce around and avoid too much pressure. You could also go start fishing up some stuff to make summoning/ironskin/swiftness/Endurance potions. Also if you don't have it yet try the slime upgrade mod and use the honey slime. He's small but if you build your arena properly he can move quick and do a lot of damage.

I actually find a lot of the early game armors useful. Sure they're not as defensive at times but they do a hella job with some things. Like the Harpy armors slowfall and high jumping abilities is pretty useful as ranged and for general exploration of caves.
Defeated him already, thank you nerds for all the tips :) I think the problem is probably because i'm stress in phase 2 and start screwing things up. :) And probably because the lag too, i spam 17 beenades and BOOM! 1~2 FPS and died, so i changed to retro vision, not the best looking thing, but it works. :)
xVraUdC.png

I got that armour already, not useful for me doe.

Defeated him already, thank you nerds for all the tips :) I think the problem is probably because i'm stress in phase 2 and start screwing things up. :) And probably because the lag too, i spam 17 beenades and BOOM! 1~2 FPS and died, so i changed to retro vision, not the best looking thing, but it works. :)
xVraUdC.png

I got that armour already, not useful for me doe.

Eeew, a yellow bleeding butt....

Well, as I said in my above post... Silver/Tungsten are not hard by any means to obtain and they have roughly equal power to several of the new sets added by this mod (without some of the fancy +% crit here, +% damage here which isn't going to do much at this point in the game).

For example... Ingvar vs Tungsten... Tungsten has what, 2-3 defense more, something like that, and lacks the +10%-ish melee/ranged/magic damages that the Ingvar set has... but when you have a weapon that only does 10-12 damage... you're talking about 1-2 damage. To get Ingvar, you need to fight a lot of Undead Warriors (which are somewhat of an uncommon pop). To get Tungsten, well, you dive into caves, fighting way easier mobs (most of the time... unless something like an Aphis (sp?) or the blue fairies pop). Even then, if you have a spear, you have nothing to fear (lol, rhyme) as these new, stronger mobs can be knocked back into oblivion and they'll never touch you (and they are rather weak offensively if they DO touch you).

Or, Steel Armor. About the same as Tungsten (maybe 2-ish defense better), but requires you to go down to the Lava Layer to get a Lava Bucket, and then burn a bunch of wood into charcoal (we're talking nearly 100 wood here) and then smelt the Steel. By the time you get a Lava Bucket and the ability to make Steel... you probably found nearly enough Tungsten/Silver to make a whole suit of armor anyways.

My point in all of this, is that we get lots of side-grades, and duplicates, and alternate paths... that don't really make much sense. Now, it IS good that they seemingly added more varieties of Ranged/Magic/Summon Armor (having to wait until the dungeon for armor that made your ranged weapons better was lame) is nice. I rather like that idea.

I suppose I'm just kinda wishing that they had made more variety in what armor does, such as adding abilities onto those armors to make them different. For example...

Ingvar: 50% of damage taken reflected back to attacker.
Steel: 50% Knockback Resist.

etc. etc.

That way, I might be tempted to wear Steel instead of Silver or even Shadow Armor, because I hate knockback for example.
Just putting this out there but it's called Invar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom