tModLoader Tremor Remastered [discontinued]

Do you like Tremor Mod? (If "No" please tell why)

• Yes!

Votes: 1,490 86.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 241 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a suggestion: I know I have already suggested it ~20 pages back or even more.
But would it be possible to add a banner effect to boss trophies ? Maybe not as strong as normal banners but like ~25% more damage and 20 % damage reduction.

At long last! I think I'll post more information about the Thrower concept I have. So here we go:

So, let's start this with the most interesting aspect for some: The late game.

I have seen some weapons and some armors, some concepts that are VERY interesting. But they fall flat for one reason: They don't get the idea of a Thrower, they don't have a definition for what the character should do. And so here I am giving it.

In my eyes, the Thrower must have a reason to NOT want to miss a single shot of them, to give every single part of their attack feel relevant, unlike the Rangers which just do lots of damage. So I try to make everythin that rewards the player for actual accuracy.

So here it is! By combining pieces of all 4 Pillars (I would love to make a Fifth Pillar but that would take forever to program) you can create the: Comet Fragment! A Fragment designed for the Thrower.

The two special weapons it carries are:

Comet Dagger: A dagger that is not affected by gravity and it has a low throwing rate. But in exchange, when it connects into a opponent it deals some HEAVY damage in the area surrounding it.

Space Combuster: A grenade that you can explode at will, pressing right click will cause the grenade to create a massive explosion around it that not only does damage, but confuses opponents.

So yeah, you are there fighting for your life with the Moon Lord and you finally manage to beat it as a Thrower. Your rewards? Well, let's start with the drops.

The Blade: Feared upon many, this blade carries around the most straight forward yet rewarding style of any. The Blade is based around one single concept: Kill. It does a GIGANTIC ammount of damage and it has both a decent speed and throw velocity.

"Hey! You said Throwers are supposed to be rewarded by hitting their projectiles! This doesn't add anything to that"

Heh, more on that later.~

And for the secondary, this is more for the "classy" players:

The Unholy Deck: This will probably be one of the more complicated weapons to use, yet it can be one of the strongest. The Unholy Deck only has 10 shots, and each attack throws 2 cards around, so you have 5 shots befores it's gone... for a while, after 10 seconds the weapon will recharge itself automatically, but if you don't want to wait for so long, you can always press the right click, and all the cards that you threw before (They don't dissapear in contact or the ground) will come back to the position where you are at the moment you right click. It'll probably need some ability to pull it off, but it could be worth easily.

Phew, you're still reading this? Thanks! But now for the last thing in the package: The Armor.

Comet Armor: It carries around some damage, throw velocity and the typical stuff you want. But I know what everyone wants to know: What's the feature?

Simple! When you have the complete set, you get access to: Trance.

Whenever you manage to land a hit with any Throwing Damage, your character will gain a "Trance" Buff. This Buff lasts until you use another attack or after 3 seconds. It increases your throwing damage and movement speed by X ammount, and also gives you a 100% chance of not consumming any ammo whatsoever, so you better think before throwing that cool looking weapon you have in your hand.

Welp, I got a little bit carried on but hopefully you guys will like and stuff. Thanks for reading it!

i dont get it, people keep saying how mods dont add enough throwing gear into the game, yet almost EVERY mod that adds more content adds a ton of it, with peoples suggestions being added all the time too.

i dont get it, people keep saying how mods dont add enough throwing gear into the game, yet almost EVERY mod that adds more content adds a ton of it, with peoples suggestions being added all the time too.

I'm gonna be honest for a moment: Of all the mods that I've played. There isn't a single one that really does "get" the concept of a Thrower character, most weapons feel really bland and boring.

As someone who loves the Thrower class and it's really waiting to be completely polished in vanilla Terraria, I'd rather have 2 or 3 more weapons for thrower that are actually interesting than a lot of them that are extremely vanilla.

every mod that i play or it only has 1 to 3 weapons (throwing damage of course) or one armor set
edit: or none of that

I'm gonna be honest for a moment: Of all the mods that I've played. There isn't a single one that really does "get" the concept of a Thrower character, most weapons feel really bland and boring.

As someone who loves the Thrower class and it's really waiting to be completely polished in vanilla Terraria, I'd rather have 2 or 3 more weapons for thrower that are actually interesting than a lot of them that are extremely vanilla.
I had a mod once that added a bunch of Thrower weapons specifically and a lot of them felt unique to me. Some of the later ones had special effects too. In my honest opinion though? While a neat concept I feel like the thrower is just a poor mans ranger class. It really needs a lot to be made interesting but that's pretty hard to do as well because throwing is just...a weird class concept anyways. Most throwing items don't get the perks or bonuses of a lot of things and suffers under the need of lots of ammunition and nothing that reduces its consumptions. Yet if you mess with throwing too much in that regard you end up making the class feel very similar to Rangers.

I unno I just feel like the thrower class needs to be made drastically different. As is they just feel like a more gimmicky ranger.

I had a mod once that added a bunch of Thrower weapons specifically and a lot of them felt unique to me. Some of the later ones had special effects too. In my honest opinion though? While a neat concept I feel like the thrower is just a poor mans ranger class. It really needs a lot to be made interesting but that's pretty hard to do as well because throwing is just...a weird class concept anyways. Most throwing items don't get the perks or bonuses of a lot of things and suffers under the need of lots of ammunition and nothing that reduces its consumptions. Yet if you mess with throwing too much in that regard you end up making the class feel very similar to Rangers.

I unno I just feel like the thrower class needs to be made drastically different. As is they just feel like a more gimmicky ranger.

To me throwing is just basically ranger, but you don't put the ammo in the ammo slot, you just throw it.

That is why I'm interested in the class itself being focused on precision rather than "lol throw random items". You are throwing something with your bare hands, that requires a LOT of effort so you better not miss it. Contrast that with the Ranger "Oh I missed a shot? K then I'll just shoot another one" mechanics, it feels far more interesting in my opinion.

That is why I'm interested in the class itself being focused on precision rather than "lol throw random items". You are throwing something with your bare hands, that requires a LOT of effort so you better not miss it. Contrast that with the Ranger "Oh I missed a shot? K then I'll just shoot another one" mechanics, it feels far more interesting in my opinion.
But is it really any different? Up until Chlorophyte bullets you have to aim your shots properly too. There is very little difference between "throwing" your weapons and "Shooting" them in that regard. The biggest thing is just what each GUN does. What you're essentially trying to do now is much the same thing except you're removing the need for a gun and just using the ammo directly.

This shouldnt go here so this will be my final post about it.

You are looking at the Ranger in a very different way than it is. Rangers by design obviously have to land their moves, but the punish for missing is far less.

There are a lot of Ranged weaponry that creates multiples copies of one projectile with only one (Tsunami, Phantasm, Boomstick) and others that have included the chance of not wasting ammo because they would otherwise be useless.

Does it really matter missing a bullet from the Minishark (which also has bad accuracy ON PURPOSE) as much as a Bone Javelin? I dont think so.

Ranger bypasses a lot the concept of "limited ammo" and having to aim your shots with the multiple AoE weaponry it has, which is not a bad thing, after all it's a feature.

I wont be talking about this anymore since this isnt the place to do so, so keep moving.~

is anyone going to update the wiki?
i rly don't think so

I feel like the thrower class should be focused more on mobility and aiming rather than damage since it's suposed to be like a ninja-style class! it would be nice if each thrower armor would add a ninja kind of buff such as higher dodging chance or dashes, low visibility in some cases or even blinks (short range teleports) and the weapons should be focused on being fast and easier to aim rather than dealing massive amounts of damage AND being fast at the same time. Now i know what you think, it it's goin' to deal low dmg then how's it even going to work out vs moonlord or tremode? Ah well the answear is simple, while they have low damage, you can give them a higher crit chance since ninjas are known for their sharp acuracy! i've said my ideeas for the thrower class and i think i've got some weapon sugestions too so if you are curious you could ask me any time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom