tModLoader Tremor Remastered [discontinued]

Do you like Tremor Mod? (If "No" please tell why)

• Yes!

Votes: 1,490 86.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 241 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I know people don't like Tremor, but I enjoy it and will be sad to see it go. Hopefully the 2nd one uses a lot of the old stuff.
seems unlikely, alot of the original authors arn't around anymore (plus tremor had some shady content usage without permissions as well from what I've heard). Non the less, You need permissions to fuse/port mods IIRC.

Hi i was wondering where can i find the dice zombie, i read he spawn during the dead envent but i don't see him and i have tried for a long time already can u guys tell me if u need a specific setup to make him spawn ?(sorry for my english)

Hi, somewhat new to this game with 10 hours on record, do you think I should get this mod or play through without it first?

Hi, somewhat new to this game with 10 hours on record, do you think I should get this mod or play through without it first?
I would recommend at least not playing through with this mod first, maybe even go completely unmodded so you get a feel for how vanilla is like before any mods are applied to it. I would also suggest many other mods before this one. Tremor II will likely overcome the shortcomings that this mod has had.

After making it to Tremode today in a non-Expert playthrough, I wanted to share some thoughts. I realize Tremor is no longer being worked on [Edit: or is it? I'm not clear on this], so this is more like a word of warning to people considering playing Tremor.

Prior to Tremode (which begins after killing Moon Lord), the mod generally feels well put together and pretty comparable to Thorium, which I personally consider the gold standard for overall quality in big content mods. My real complaints are with Tremode:

• Too many crafting mats at once: Tremode throws a LOT of new crafting mats at you all at once. I don't think this would be a problem if each material had a "theme" sort of like pillar fragments: Void Bars are for summoning gear, Carbon Steel is for melee gear, etc., but that's not the case. There isn't much rhyme or reason to any crafting material. If you poke around Recipe Browser, that Tremode item might require this and that and then a similar item in the same class (e.g.: ranged) might require completely different things. These materials also don't have intuitive or consistent sources. Dead Tissue supposedly drops from The Thing during nighttime, but it never spawned for me. I had to rely on Suspcious Bag drops for it.
  • Early Tremode weapon balance: Not an uncommon problem in the super late game with mods like this, but the Megalodon in particular is completely broken. It's fairly easy to get its mats early in Tremode. I managed to build one (despite the slog that was getting Dead Tissue), reforge it to Godly, and used Ichor bullets to utterly steamroll anything that I came across. I'll admit I was getting a little bored at this point, so I cheated in the summoning items for the Tremode bosses in order (starting with Dark Emperor). Using Megalodon, Vortex Armor, and a by no means optimal accessory setup, I was able to first-try kill every Tremode boss up to and including True Andas with this setup. No need for anything else from Tremode. Given that it fires three rounds at once, the Megalodon has far too high a base damage for being so easy to build.
  • New ore spawns can delete parts of your home base: This is the real dealbreaker. After beating The Trinity, the penultimate boss of Tremode, two new ores spawn in MASSIVE veins all the way up to the surface level, potentially including in your home base. I built mine just below the surface as I am wont to do. A Collapsium vein spawned on top of my Magic Storage setup, completely deleting every item I'd collected up to that point in the game. That was the moment I quit.

Is it worth playing Tremor up to the Moon Lord? Yes. Is it worth playing past that and into Tremode? Unfortunately I don't think so.

I suspect the devs just got lost in the weeds with Tremode and maybe quit development before they had to time to go through Tremode and really polish it up.

Last edited:
After making it to Tremode today in a non-Expert playthrough, I wanted to share some thoughts. I realize Tremor is no longer being worked on [Edit: or is it? I'm not clear on this], so this is more like a word of warning to people considering playing Tremor.

Prior to Tremode (which begins after killing Moon Lord), the mod generally feels well put together and pretty comparable to Thorium, which I personally consider the gold standard for overall quality in big content mods. My real complaints are with Tremode:

• Too many crafting mats at once: Tremode throws a LOT of new crafting mats at you all at once. I don't think this would be a problem if each material had a "theme" sort of like pillar fragments: Void Bars are for summoning gear, Carbon Steel is for melee gear, etc., but that's not the case. There isn't much rhyme or reason to any crafting material. If you poke around Recipe Browser, that Tremode item might require this and that and then a similar item in the same class (e.g.: ranged) might require completely different things. These materials also don't have intuitive or consistent sources. Dead Tissue supposedly drops from The Thing during nighttime, but it never spawned for me. I had to rely on Suspcious Bag drops for it.
  • Early Tremode weapon balance: Not an uncommon problem in the super late game with mods like this, but the Megalodon in particular is completely broken. It's fairly easy to get its mats early in Tremode. I managed to build one (despite the slog that was getting Dead Tissue), reforge it to Godly, and used Ichor bullets to utterly steamroll anything that I came across. I'll admit I was getting a little bored at this point, so I cheated in the summoning items for the Tremode bosses in order (starting with Dark Emperor). Using Megalodon, Vortex Armor, and a by no means optimal accessory setup, I was able to first-try kill every Tremode boss up to and including True Andas with this setup. No need for anything else from Tremode. Given that it fires three rounds at once, the Megalodon has far too high a base damage for being so easy to build.
  • New ore spawns can delete parts of your home base: This is the real dealbreaker. After beating The Trinity, the penultimate boss of Tremode, two new ores spawn in MASSIVE veins all the way up to the surface level, potentially including in your home base. I built mine just below the surface as I am wont to do. A Collapsium vein spawned on top of my Magic Storage setup, completely deleting every item I'd collected up to that point in the game. That was the moment I quit.

Is it worth playing Tremor up to the Moon Lord? Yes. Is it worth playing past that and into Tremode? Unfortunately I don't think so.

I suspect the devs just got lost in the weeds with Tremode and maybe quit development before they had to time to go through Tremode and really polish it up.

Hello. Development on Tremor Remastered has mostly come to a close but I, with permission from Batby, have been making changes to the Tremor code to find issues and changes that need to be fixed. I would like to touch upon a few of your issues.
  • Tremode has a lot of materials: That I can agree with. I know on my play through of the mod, I was wildly confused. Especially since this was well before Recipe Browser being in the amazing state it is in currently. The materials being the way they are was likely the dev's vision. Besides redoing them would be "convenient" for complete lack of a better word. One thing that would help is a bit of direction post Moonlord (really through out all of the mod would be useful)
  • Balance: Thank you for pointing out a weapon in particular and the use case too. Like all mods, rebalances are always needed. A total rebalance can never happen but somethings can definitely get changed.
  • Janky ore spawn: It was very easy to reproduce the bug you describe, and I definitely feel for you. I am now looking into a fix for this issue, which hopefully should be relatively easy. However, I know next to no coding, so I'm still trying to learn a thing or two.
Again, I'm relatively new to this so I hope I can start getting changes tested and done but at the moment, I can promise nothing but a working Tml64 and Tml 0.11 version of the mod off my own accord. Another reminder, and please note this, I am not a developer of Tremor Remastered or Tremor II. Though I rework somethings, the true masterminds and the only people that can do anything about the mod is Batby and Jofairden. Mostly Batby but he is away right now.

Hello. Development on Tremor Remastered has mostly come to a close but I, with permission from Batby, have been making changes to the Tremor code to find issues and changes that need to be fixed. I would like to touch upon a few of your issues.
  • Tremode has a lot of materials: That I can agree with. I know on my play through of the mod, I was wildly confused. Especially since this was well before Recipe Browser being in the amazing state it is in currently. The materials being the way they are was likely the dev's vision. Besides redoing them would be "convenient" for complete lack of a better word. One thing that would help is a bit of direction post Moonlord (really through out all of the mod would be useful)
  • Balance: Thank you for pointing out a weapon in particular and the use case too. Like all mods, rebalances are always needed. A total rebalance can never happen but somethings can definitely get changed.
  • Janky ore spawn: It was very easy to reproduce the bug you describe, and I definitely feel for you. I am now looking into a fix for this issue, which hopefully should be relatively easy. However, I know next to no coding, so I'm still trying to learn a thing or two.
Again, I'm relatively new to this so I hope I can start getting changes tested and done but at the moment, I can promise nothing but a working Tml64 and Tml 0.11 version of the mod off my own accord. Another reminder, and please note this, I am not a developer of Tremor Remastered or Tremor II. Though I rework somethings, the true masterminds and the only people that can do anything about the mod is Batby and Jofairden. Mostly Batby but he is away right now.

Thanks for the response!

In regard to Megalodon balance, I used Vortex Armor's stealth in every case against the Tremode bosses. The sheer damage output totally offset the crippled mobility. Accessories included The Creator, Gunslinger Soul, Holy Shield, Pygmy Necklace, Necromancer Scroll, and Solar Wings (in wing slot accessory mod). Enchants varied, but mostly Warding. I used only Rejuvenation Potion for pot buffs, a far lesser degree of preparation than I assumed I'd need. In all, I wondered if post-Moon Lord Tremor was balanced around Expert.

I would suggest that the Megalodon keeps or only slightly improves Megashark's base damage (which will be multiplied by 3x given how Megalodon functions) with a slight crit buff over Megashark as a Tremode intro ranged weapon. I'm by no means a balance expert, so take that with a grain of salt.

im a little confused the wiki lists a armor set called the eternal ice armor however neither recipe browser's item list nor cheat sheet's item browser have the eternal ice pieces listed can someone explain what is going on

Yeah, I found that out by looking it up. So, does it only spawn in crimson worlds, or is it a 4th mechanical boss?
4th mechanical boss, has it's own soul type it drops to but like alot of tremor content it's... Kinda unbalanced, has a huge ammount of HP.

Seriously, get the PC version of terraria it's so worth it. And I'd advise this sooner because this mod is likely not gonna be around (as is) much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom