Weapons & Equip True Arkhalis [name subject to change]

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Total voters
I was about to write a post about this. This is almost exactly what mine was going to say. XD
I had already made this sprite too:
0kbwXNm.png

The main reason I feel like the True Arkhalis is a good idea is because the rarest sword in Terraria deserves to have a hardmode upgrade.

Attachments

• terraria idea sprite True Arkhalis.png
    terraria idea sprite True Arkhalis.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 168
Lemme just say that I approve entirely of the general concept of this, even though I'm not entirely happy with how it's executed.
-I'm not a huge fan of "true-ifying" weapons. It's been done before, and I feel that it only really works with the two existing true weapons. Simple name change - I can suggest "Crissaegrim," since that's the sword the Arkhalis is based on. If copyright allows. I notice that the name is subject to change, so I'm guessing I'm not submitting an original sentiment here.
-Incorporating the Arkhalis's mechanics someplace else in the game is a fantastic idea, since a unique weapon like that deserves additional longevity. Keep in mind that its upgrade doesn't have to be crafted with it, although it could add thematic touches to have it as such.
-The Arkhalis right now is unfortunately too rare to bother with obtaining, so it might be advisable to make it easier to get, rather than just a joke weapon. You noted that it needs a higher spawn rate, and sure, that'd work, but there might be a better way of getting it (not from a schmoo, remember).

I approve!

I was about to write a post about this. This is almost exactly what mine was going to say. XD
I had already made this sprite too:
0kbwXNm.png

The main reason I feel like the True Arkhalis is a good idea is because the rarest sword in Terraria deserves to have a hardmode upgrade.
That's a very cool sprite! It's too bad it wouldn't be seen when the thing is swung.

Lemme just say that I approve entirely of the general concept of this, even though I'm not entirely happy with how it's executed.
-I'm not a huge fan of "true-ifying" weapons. It's been done before, and I feel that it only really works with the two existing true weapons. Simple name change - I can suggest "Crissaegrim," since that's the sword the Arkhalis is based on. If copyright allows. I notice that the name is subject to change, so I'm guessing I'm not submitting an original sentiment here.
-Incorporating the Arkhalis's mechanics someplace else in the game is a fantastic idea, since a unique weapon like that deserves additional longevity. Keep in mind that its upgrade doesn't have to be crafted with it, although it could add thematic touches to have it as such.
-The Arkhalis right now is unfortunately too rare to bother with obtaining, so it might be advisable to make it easier to get, rather than just a joke weapon. You noted that it needs a higher spawn rate, and sure, that'd work, but there might be a better way of getting it (not from a schmoo, remember).

I approve!
Yeah, I agree that True weapons aren't that interesting, and it's cooler to make it a new weapon instead. I mostly named it this because it gets the point of "Arkhalis upgrade" across really quick. And honestly, I'd prefer to have the blade remain a direct upgrade to the Arkhalis to keep it in the spirit of the original... That is "rare and super cool, unique weapon". Making it without needing an Arkhalis first would kind of ruin that... odd charm.
I'm not sure what other way there could be to get it... I'd rather it not be craftable, and having it be easily farmable would also defeat the purpose a bit. I suppose there's just something magical about finding a shrine and thinking "this could be it!" only to have your hopes dashed when it's an Enchanted Sword or, worse, a fake shrine.
The way I see it, it should remain a cool thing if you happen to find it, but not something every world can or will have.

I LOVE this idea! The arkhalis is an awesome weapon, but Imagine how incredible a TRUE arkhalis would be! My only concern is the attack speed and damage together. If these two are unbalanced, it could be devastating. Perhaps decrease the damage slightly, or make a difficult crafting recipe.

That is a good idea, but...
Make the attack speed insanely fast plz.
And a higher damage than the legendary meowmere..
And change the name to Trakhalis

That is a good idea, but...
Make the attack speed insanely fast plz.
And a higher damage than the legendary meowmere..
And change the name to Trakhalis
A HIGHER DAMAGE THAN LEGENDARY MEOWMERE!? this is supposed to be a weapon before the meowmere. why should it have more damage!?

Aren't Fetid Bagnakhs, in a way, is True Arkhalis?
They're actually quite different, functionally. The Arkhalis has more range than the Bagnakhs and Bladed Glove, and can attack in all directions, also having a very different attack animation. Though there are similarities.

I started the mod yesterday, and so far, I have a more powerful clone of the Arkhalis.

Named it the Arkhayla, and is crafted using one of each soul, a broken hero sword, and an Arkhalis.
I'm working on adding slashes to it as well, however as I don't sprite well, I can only use one in-game (Frost Queen's Frost Wave).

Seems like a cool idea, though I think it to make it more useful given how stats for enemies are in hardmode, maybe a small ignore knockback resistance?

My first ever breaking of the sword in the stone sprite in the medium sized, expert, crimson world cave dropped an Arkhalis! I didn't realize it was very rare for weeks...

I like the True Arkhalis idea. I like it a lot. The rarest and coolest softmode sword should definitely have a hardmode upgrade, and a good one.

However, I'm not in favor of the Demon Schythe projectile approach, as the Arkhalis wants you to get up close and personal with the hordes of monsters and slash their faces into confetti, so I've thought long and hard and the coolest thing I could think of is this:

A SLASHBOMB effect (similar to Medusa Head's explosion, but the location should only be based on the swing direction) - every second(maybe 4-6 swings?) or so, the True Arkhalis goes mad from the amount of chopped heads and other extremities and dances over the area in the direction of the cursor incredibly fast, the area is damaged for about 3x-4x swing damage (or more) in the epicenter of the "slashsplosion", diminishing further away to 2x or less on the rim. This way the DPS of the weapon doesn't have to be huge, but you still want to remain close and personal with the mobs to keep them in the epicenter.

Player should be immune to this damage, of course, and the epicenter of this "slashsplosion" should be in front of the Arkhalis' swing range, in the direction of the cursor, it's size about the size of a dynamite or even the explosives charge in order to damage enemies a couple of blocks(5?) behind the player, as well as those about 10 blocks in front.

The sprite can simply be the already existent swing animation spread over the whole area of the "slashsplosion". Some knockback with it wouldn't hurt either...

Edit: I agree with OP that True-ifying weapons is kinda lame, but the name Arkhalis sings of something magical from another dimension. If not "True", how about "Awoken Arkhalis"?

Last edited:
2015!!!!! WHY ISNT THIS IN YET??!?!?!? i love the concept and the epicness of it is just simply put amazing of course im going to support this. ARKHALIS DESERVES A TRUE UPGRADE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom