Weapons & Equip True Arkhalis [name subject to change]

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Total voters
We all know and love[1] the Arkhalis. That rare blade found in mysterious[2] shrines, the blade with a mundane appearance but very unique function[3].

It's darn cool. Unfortunately, its coolness factor doesn't outweigh its stats, and deep down the road it becomes significantly less useful.
What happened when the Night's Edge stopped being useful? It got a true form[4]! Now, I know Arkhalis is new, but hear me out here, if just for the fact that it's a cool sword.

True Arkhalis, eh?

It would function similarly to the Arkhalis[5], with a few significant differences:
1. Wider and farther slash arcs, because having some range is nice.

2. Every few slashes, it shoots out a beam in the shape of the slash arc (similar to other True weapons)
Unlike usual though, the beam would locomote in a similar manner to that of Demon Scythe, where it starts slow and rapidly speeds up.
3. It slashes even faster than the normal Arkhalis. Maybe even to Fetid Baghnakhs levels (not quite that fast, maybe)
4. Size modifiers work, and affect the slash arc size. Assuming this is possible in the game engine, of course.
5. It would be weaker than the other True weapons. Maybe at 60-70 damage per slash. Its speed and directional control are meant to compensate for that.

I also made a few sprite concepts:
7PJUYTt.png
XA9PjsQ.png
7owBfxh.png

The original Arkhalis is a very plain looking sword compared to many others, and I wanted its true form to keep that theme going.

Anyhow, suggestions, modifications, criticisms[6], your own versions of the idea, etc. are welcome.
I know it's not the most unique idea, but I think this cool weapon deserves some more love[7]!

[1] - Yvori does not suggest that he speaks for the entire community, nor does he believe he is fit to do so. Nor does he know why he is speaking in third person.
[2] - And annoying to locate.
[3] - Compared to other things that look like swords, anyway.
[4] - And it isn't even its final form!
[5] - Obviously.
[6] - CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms.

[7] - And a higher spawn rate! Who likes it when they find the one shrine in their world only for it to be a fake sword or an Enchanted Blade, which already shows up elsewhere?

Fully support this idea, made a little fan-sprite aswell
True Arkhalis.png

[doublepost=1515612122,1515611884][/doublepost]
I just thought of a recipe! How about the Arkhalis+Fetid baghnakhs + 5 of every boss soul+ death sickle. I think it makes sense.
I think it'd probably just be the Arkhalis + Broken Hero Sword

We all know and love[1] the Arkhalis. That rare blade found in mysterious[2] shrines, the blade with a mundane appearance but very unique function[3].

It's darn cool. Unfortunately, its coolness factor doesn't outweigh its stats, and deep down the road it becomes significantly less useful.
What happened when the Night's Edge stopped being useful? It got a true form[4]! Now, I know Arkhalis is new, but hear me out here, if just for the fact that it's a cool sword.

True Arkhalis, eh?

It would function similarly to the Arkhalis[5], with a few significant differences:
1. Wider and farther slash arcs, because having some range is nice.

2. Every few slashes, it shoots out a beam in the shape of the slash arc (similar to other True weapons)
Unlike usual though, the beam would locomote in a similar manner to that of Demon Scythe, where it starts slow and rapidly speeds up.
3. It slashes even faster than the normal Arkhalis. Maybe even to Fetid Baghnakhs levels (not quite that fast, maybe)
4. Size modifiers work, and affect the slash arc size. Assuming this is possible in the game engine, of course.
5. It would be weaker than the other True weapons. Maybe at 60-70 damage per slash. Its speed and directional control are meant to compensate for that.

I also made a few sprite concepts:
7PJUYTt.png
XA9PjsQ.png
7owBfxh.png

The original Arkhalis is a very plain looking sword compared to many others, and I wanted its true form to keep that theme going.

Anyhow, suggestions, modifications, criticisms[6], your own versions of the idea, etc. are welcome.
I know it's not the most unique idea, but I think this cool weapon deserves some more love[7]!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my replay---> i would suggest this name for it ''True Arkhalis Unleashed'' which dose the cool slashes animation but also sends slashes flying since its Legendary Heroic Powers has been UNLEASHED!! but idk :p :D

I feel like the main problem is how rare the arkhalis actually is. I believe that it is a one out of 10 drop chance from the sword shrines. This wouldn't be a problem though if you went looking for one in multiple worlds.

Back
Top Bottom