Weapons & Equip True/Celestial Arkhalis (dedicated melee)

Ahlpha

Spazmatism
This is a concept for an upgrade path for the melee weapon Arkhalis, rarely found in sword shrines.

First: the Arkhalis is awesome, and finding it has always been a bit overshadowed by the fact that it would become inefficient to use going into hardmode. I have thought about an upgrade possibility that keeps it's stats relevant, adds a bit of fresh difference to it but keeps the playstyle of wanting to get in close in on enemies an kite their movement and attacks by paddling back and forth, jumping over or stepping underneath them while jumping.

First Upgrade Concept:

Name: True Arkhalis
As it is crafted using a Broken Hero Sword, which is as of now only used to 'awaken' the true from of swords

Recipe: Arkhalis+Broken Hero Sword at a Mythril Anvil

Damage: 60-75 (?)
This one is difficult, as the True Excalibur is allready weak with 66 damage compared to the 90 damge of the True Night's Edge. Then again the Fetid Baghnakhs have 70 damage and a similar function as I would like the True Arkhalis to occupy, so being severely outclassed in damage by it would make the weapon not worthwhile for the point of progression. Sooooo......buff True Excalibur i guess? Nerf Baghnakhs?

Knockback: 4-4.5
100% or 150% of normal Arkhalis, 2-0 less than Fetid Baghnakhs. The Baghnakhs have a tendency to knock enemies out of it's efficient range and if the knockback is not enough it can be buffed with the titan glove or titan potions. The goal here is to have a knockback that does not make it inefficient to use a titan glove or accessories crafted from a titan glove, while being enough to stop most enemies from running into you.

Crit: 4%
Same base crit as almost all weapons.

Use Time: 24
Same as normal Arkhalis; can still be efficiently improved by melee speed accessories and is swift enough on it's own. (It seems to swing faster relative to it's use time than actual 'swords')

Velocity: 15
Well, it has one despite having no projectile that actually travels. As I do not know where this stat comes into play, I have left it the same as the normal Arkhalis.
(Might be the Attack range?)

Additional Effects/Visuals:
The True Excalibur is outlined with pink and blue in tone with being a 'Hallow' weapon, the True Night's Edge is outlined with neon green and purple in tone with being a 'Corruption' weapon.
So to which Biome does the Arkhalis belong? I do not think it is Corruption, Hallow or Crimson; Nor do you find it in the sky, the ocean, the Snow Biome or the Desert. It is found near the surface and not in the jungle, so what colors represent the forest biome?
Green for grass and leaves, yellow for the sunflowers, blue for the clear sky and water and brown for dirt and trees (which is the Colourpalette for the Terra Blade).
Those Colours do not fit well with the color scheme of the original Arkhalis except for the blue(light blue and a red hilt). I have tried several basic resprites of the weapon with these colors but they do not seem to match:(.
F8KdEtR.png
uwyclSE.png
cQGpjNL.png

The reason why I go on about thes colors is that my first instinct was to use the neon green/purple outline of the True Night's edge, which led to the idea of letting the weapon inflict debuffs, specificly cursed inferno and shadowflame (the idea was to let the swinging arcs be neon green and purple so the colours would match the debuffs it inflicts).
By inflicting these debuffs that cause damage over time the weapon gains a boost in overall damage.
Against tougher enemies that would be easier to attack continously from a distance it is viable to get in for some swift attacks to apply the debuffs and get out to dodge their attack and then repeat that process.

Second upgrade concept:

Name: Celestial Arkhalis

Recipe: True Arkhalis+ 20 of each Lunar Fragment at an Ancient Manipulator

Damage: 120

Knockback: 5

Crit: 4%

Use Time: 18

Velocity: 15

Additional Effects/Visuals
:
The idea was for the swings of the sword to be colored in the four different celestial colours, each appearing after the other (not rainbow swings but differently colored swings)
My initial concept was for it to inflict the four different 'flame' effects (On fire, Frostburn, Cursed Inferno and Shadowflame) as they more or less match the celestial colour scheme.
I am open to suggestions for more fitting Debuffs aswell.
The Form woul resemble Arkhalis but the hilt would look like luminite and the edges/blade would be made of the celestial colours.

An upgrade suggestion for a True Arkhalis has allready been made by Yvori: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/true-arkhalis-name-subject-to-change.24677/
However his version suggests a projectile launching version of the weapon, which would shift the playstyle of this weapon.
I started writing this as a reply on his thread after seeing that an upgrade idea allready exists, but felt like it would be better to create a new thread and linking his suggestion.
I felt my Concept to different to be actually included in his version and want to suggest an additional upgrade to the weapon.

Wow! I LOVE this idea! I especially think the Celestial Arkhalis is a great idea. Nice one! Maybe you could have the option to create a Vortex, Nebula, Stardust, Solar Arkhalis separately or forge a Celestial one with another blade, maybe the Terra?

Additional Effects/Visuals:
The True Excalibur is outlined with pink and blue in tone with being a 'Hallow' weapon, the True Night's Edge is outlined with neon green and purple in tone with being a 'Corruption' weapon.
So to which Biome does the Arkhalis belong? I do not think it is Corruption, Hallow or Crimson; Nor do you find it in the sky, the ocean, the Snow Biome or the Desert. It is found near the surface and not in the jungle, so what colors represent the forest biome?
Green for grass and leaves, yellow for the sunflowers, blue for the clear sky and water and brown for dirt and trees (which is the Colourpalette for the Terra Blade).
Those Colours do not fit well with the color scheme of the original Arkhalis except for the blue(light blue and a red hilt). I have tried several basic resprites of the weapon with these colors but they do not seem to match:(.
F8KdEtR.png
uwyclSE.png
cQGpjNL.png

--when i used it a immediately thought: Wow its a Hero's lost blade or a MasterSword's Weapon so there ya go --

An upgrade suggestion for a True Arkhalis has allready been made by Yvori: PC - True Arkhalis [name subject to change]

-i would suggest adding 2 Versions
version 1. ''True Arkhalis'' which has short range and dose the cool slashes animations
version 2. ''True Arkhalis Unleashed'' which dose the cool slashes animation but also sends slashes flying since its Legendary Heroic Powers has been UNLEASHED!!

It doesn't make sense in my opinion to have "True" items for anything except those that contribute to the Terrablade. If you do this for an Arkhalis you're going to have to do this for a bunch of items (true musket, anyone?) which would bloat the game up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom