Weapons & Equip True Copper Shortsword - A new hardmode throwing weapon

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Thats what i thought when i first saw this. Support.

This could also be an epic troll for new players : thow away copper shortsword. Gets to hardmode. Solar eclipse happens. Gets broken hero sword. NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MY SHORTSWORD IS GONE!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO GO GET MORE COPPER!

This is hilarious.

Maybe reducing the damage by just a tiny bit. Then you'll have my one and only....

Support because I'm working on my badge or seal of approval.
whats wrong with the damage? if it goes any lower it will be outclassed by pre-eclipse boomerangs...
Part of the comedic gold it that it is supposed to be a USEFUL weapon...

whats wrong with the damage? if it goes any lower it will be outclassed by pre-eclipse boomerangs...
Part of the comedic gold it that it is supposed to be a USEFUL weapon...
It doesn't seem right to me. It's too high because it is getting closer to the True Night's Edge and Excalibur tier. It even does more damage than TRUE EXCALIBUR.

It doesn't seem right to me. It's too high because it is getting closer to the True Night's Edge and Excalibur tier.
What? Well it should be balanced to the true swords as its crafted from the same material(aka a broken hero sword)...

To explain the lunacy of such a suggestion, should we nerf the fiery great sword for being hellstone tier? Or nerf the chlorphyte partisan because its balanced for chlorophyte?

Shouldn't an item should be balanced to how and when its obtained? This uses the same resource as the other true swords so it should compare statistically... doing anything else could just as easily let us modify the dark lance deal 6 or 70 damage because why would we need to balance for when its obtained?

What? Well it should be balanced to the true swords as its crafted from the same material(aka a broken hero sword)...

To explain the lunacy of such a suggestion, should we nerf the fiery great sword for being hellstone tier? Or nerf the chlorphyte partisan because its balanced for chlorophyte?

Shouldn't an item should be balanced to how and when its obtained? This uses the same resource as the other true swords so it should compare statistically... doing anything else could just as easily let us modify the dark lance deal 6 or 70 damage because why would we need to balance for when its obtained?
Wrong.
Broken Hero Sword + Copper Shortsword is way easier to make than Broken Hero Sword + Excalibur, and yet the first recipe is more powerful than the second!? This idea is funny and all but does not go with the logic of Terraria.

Wrong.
Broken Hero Sword + Copper Shortsword is way easier to make than Broken Hero Sword + Excalibur, and yet the first recipe is more powerful than the second!? This idea is funny and all but does not go with the logic of Terraria.

Copper short sword-> craft from copper which you already have

Excalibur-> craft from bars dropped by mech boss you have already beaten...

Nights edge might be a bit harder to craft but was available prehardmode.
none of them require much more effort than the others they are all meant to be weapons you already had at that point so that shouldn't factor into balance.

Be careful, remember that rarity does not justify power, there is no reason for any of these to be weaker than any other...

Copper short sword-> craft from copper which you already have

Excalibur-> craft from bars dropped by mech boss you have already beaten...

Nights edge might be a bit harder to craft but was available prehardmode.
none of them require much more effort than the others they are all meant to be weapons you already had at that point so that shouldn't factor into balance.

Be careful, remember that rarity does not justify power, there is no reason for any of these to be weaker than any other...
But hallowed bars are harder to obtain than copper ones, and they are more useful too. But the copper one gets more power. Rarity does justify power in a way, if you really think about it.

Absolutely it's a great use for that crap copper sword we have. P.S great if you got one broken hero sword in the whole solar eclipse. P.S.S I voted for redigit to put this in.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415482629][/DOUBLEPOST]
But hallowed bars are harder to obtain than copper ones, and they are more useful too. But the copper one gets more power. Rarity does justify power in a way, if you really think about it.
Nice one but do you like the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom