Weapons & Equip True Copper Shortsword - A new hardmode throwing weapon

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you waste your broken hero swords on this, win you could make a terra blade.???
Because this act different, which allows for variation.

It's also easier to make, especially on Multiplayer, because you don't need the Night's Edge for it, and everyone starts with a Copper Shortsword.

You heard me. This is real. And it's not a joke, either.
0IDRXcO.png

So. We all know what the copper shortsword is. A insanely useless weapon that gets outclassed by wood.
It has come for its revenge...

True Copper Shortsword View attachment 8960(Sprite by @Milt69466)
75 Melee Damage
15% Crit chance
Very Fast Speed
Average Knockback

Now, before you say, "Giga pls, you must be insane" let me explain how it works:

When you attack, you will throw out three swords at once. Each sword would still seek out an enemy, and would leave a damaging particle trail behind it. The projectiles will travel until they find an enemy or they hit a wall.
Now, for how it would be crafted:
1 Broken Hero Sword
1 Copper Shortsword

This would be made at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

Now, I know this is a ridiculously stupid idea, but tell me what you think! Should it be buffed? Nerfed? Give me your feedback!

0IDRXcO.png

Support Banner (Thanks @GekkoTadpole247!):

GA5741O.png

Code:
[url="http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/true-copper-shortsword-a-new-hardmode-throwing-weapon.4463/"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/GA5741O.png[/IMG][/URL]

Important Edit: No, you may not use this in your mod. Please do not ask. I don’t own the idea, but if you have a TCSS in your mod that either uses this sprite or behaves similarly to mine, I will request that you change it or that your mod be taken down.​

It is a great idea, but I must say, i have a few problems with it.
Firstly: It is completly outclassed by the terra blade in raw damage, however the TCS is cheaper in matierial.
Second: If someone trashed their copper shortsword or has already beaten the moon lord, the weapon basically becomes the "true copper shortsword but its now the regular copper shortsword compared to other weapons
Third, How would this have use in a farm for other Broken Hero Swords? What if the Player has walls around them to protect them from the Solar Eclispe enemies? If it does make it into the game, it would immediatly be outclassed by every hardmode summon in existance, since they can go through walls if needed and not that expensive to get.

Now, I really like the idea, and I think it should be put into the game, but it is very underpowered for hardmode standards by the time you get it. There is also the chance you didnt have a solar eclispe until you fought the moonlord.

The Idea is, in my opinion, very well thought out with all the attacks and such, as it finally brings a use to the broken copper shortsword, just it should have a better form of attack (like it can go through a wall for 3 seconds before disappering), and have more accessibility. But, even though its under powered, well done, Giga!

It is a great idea, but I must say, i have a few problems with it.
Firstly: It is completly outclassed by the terra blade in raw damage, however the TCS is cheaper in matierial.
Second: If someone trashed their copper shortsword or has already beaten the moon lord, the weapon basically becomes the "true copper shortsword but its now the regular copper shortsword compared to other weapons
Third, How would this have use in a farm for other Broken Hero Swords? What if the Player has walls around them to protect them from the Solar Eclispe enemies? If it does make it into the game, it would immediatly be outclassed by every hardmode summon in existance, since they can go through walls if needed and not that expensive to get.

Now, I really like the idea, and I think it should be put into the game, but it is very underpowered for hardmode standards by the time you get it. There is also the chance you didnt have a solar eclispe until you fought the moonlord.

The Idea is, in my opinion, very well thought out with all the attacks and such, as it finally brings a use to the broken copper shortsword, just it should have a better form of attack (like it can go through a wall for 3 seconds before disappering), and have more accessibility. But, even though its under powered, well done, Giga!
It's supposed to be weaker than the other true swords due to it being significantly cheaper. The lack of raw damage is also offset by higher DPS due to the way it behaves. 75 damage + 3 projectiles is significantly better than the True NE and Excalibur, but slightly worse than the Terra Blade. This is intentional, because I don't want it broken "for the meme".

Finally, it's not a summon weapon. That's not a very valid argument against it, since they're two separate classes with two separate mechanics. Only the Death Sickle can go through walls, so you'd have that problem with any other melee weapon of the tier.

While I appreciate the criticism, none of these are really problems, and more just situational nitpicky issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom