Weapons & Equip True Copper Shortsword - A new hardmode throwing weapon

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already thought about suggesting something with a "bounce between enemies mechanic", if the dagger itself doesn't get in, an weapon or spell etc with this mechanic should definitely get in at the least. I would suggest the dagger not being able to bounce through blocks, so it could pave the way for another item with the bounce mechanic but can move through blocks. (Perhaps with the trade off of no initial homing). Another change that can involve enemy bouncing is simply bouncing on walls with no enemies in sight (for PVP)

sry, i didn't read every post here but, what if you just Trashed your Copper Shortsword and your World has Tin instead of Copper... is there also a True Tin Shortsword?

sry, i didn't read every post here but, what if you just Trashed your Copper Shortsword and your World has Tin instead of Copper... is there also a True Tin Shortsword?

You can get significant quantities of copper through the Extractinator and Fishing, even in a Tin world.

So it's a mildly better version of the Possessed Hatchet. Okay. Don't really understand why everyone thinks this is the best suggestion of all time. Sure, it fits in the game, it's not overpowered, it's original. But at the end of the day, it just does what I think the Possessed Hatchet should have done from the start.

Anyway, grats on possibly the most popular suggestion ever.
You done good.png
...I guess.

Absolutely amazing. What if you combined the terra blade and the true copper sword to get the ultimate weapon, the one, the only, the true rubber chicken.

So it's a mildly better version of the Possessed Hatchet. Okay. Don't really understand why everyone thinks this is the best suggestion of all time. Sure, it fits in the game, it's not overpowered, it's original. But at the end of the day, it just does what I think the Possessed Hatchet should have done from the start.

Anyway, grats on possibly the most popular suggestion ever....I guess.

To clarify, your only criticism is that it's better than an existing weapon? And fulfills a purpose you expected that existing weapon to originally fulfill? (Which that existing weapon doesn't.)

If everything in the game behaved the way we all expected / wanted it to, we probably wouldn't have many suggestions on the forums. That's why suggestions are created to have things perform the way we would expect / want them to.

Plus a high damage, single target thing and a lower damage, multi-target thing can exist in the same world.

As dumb as the idea sounds, it's quite unique and isn't over powered or under powered, still gets out classed a bit by True E/N-E for same tier, but hold similar power if all 5 enemies are on screen (or multiple enemies in general).
I support. ^_^

To clarify, your only criticism is that it's better than an existing weapon? And fulfills a purpose you expected that existing weapon to originally fulfill? (Which that existing weapon doesn't.)

If everything in the game behaved the way we all expected / wanted it to, we probably wouldn't have many suggestions on the forums. That's why suggestions are created to have things perform the way we would expect / want them to.

Plus a high damage, single target thing and a lower damage, multi-target thing can exist in the same world.
and don't forget that high tier non stacking boomerangs tend to have higher base damage than other melee weapons currently the paladins hammer comes in at top with 90 base damage. (and if I recall the true copper short sword is a boomerang not a sword :)

You heard me. This is real. And it's not a joke, either.
----------​

So. We all know what the copper shortsword is. A insanely useless weapon that gets outclassed by wood.
It has come for revenge.

True Copper Shortsword View attachment 8960(Sprite by @Milt69466)
69 Melee Damage
15% Crit chance
Very Fast Speed
Average Knockback

Now, before you say, "Mangle, you must be insane" let me explain how it works:

-When you throw the sword, it heat-seeks the nearest enemy, and then bounces off of them.
-It would be able to bounce enough to hit five enemies
-If there are less than five enemies on-screen, the sword will return to you, unless a new enemy comes on to your screen.

----------​
Now, for how it would be crafted:
1 Broken Hero Sword
1 Copper Shortsword

This would be made at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

Now, I know this is a ridiculously stupid idea, but tell me what you think! Should it be buffed? Nerfed? Give me your feedback!

----------
Support Banner:
View attachment 8216
Code:
[url="http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/true-copper-shortsword-a-new-hardmode-throwing-weapon.4463/"][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/copper_shortsword-png.8215/[/IMG][/URL]
----------
Tapi Mod by @Nimnon:
Click Here!
This is the best idea ever! But how about it costs 10 broken hero swords other than 1 to prove how AWESOME it is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom