True Destroyer's Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

The True Destroyer

The Destroyer
Intro
I sometimes sprite a little in my free time. I redo stuff in the Terraria textures as I go, changing what I don't like here and there. Some of this stuff actually turned out to be semi-workable for use within texture packs, so I decided to put them together and upload them here!

Mechanical Wall of Flesh
This has been done many, many, times before, but I hate the vanilla WoF sprite (just plain ugly) so I made it mechanical! It's just a bunch of reused sprites from the mechanical bosses, but for a copy-paste job, I think it turned out surprisingly good! (Not to say it's good. But better than I thought it would be!)
Changes the sprites of the WoF, Hungries and Leeches. Also changes the sprites of the trophy and map-icon.
20201122201127_1.jpg

Medieval Old One's Army
Some bits of the Old One's Army irk me. The gear, while I understand it is intended to be themed after DD2, is rather ugly in some places (Octopod, Betsy gear, Brand of the Inferno, etc.) and so I decided to make some of it more medieval-weapon-themed. It's not perfect (doesn't change the flame on the Flying Dragon, for one) but in my opinion it's better than eldritch creatures swinging around.
ooainfo.png

Holiday Moon Improvements
I always felt like some items from the Pumpkin and Frost Moons were just too festive. Their theme made them ugly and out-of-place. This aims to change it! But again, not all weapons are changed.

mooninfo.png

There might be more to come in the future as I create more stuff, but for now, it's these three!
<zip files removed by forum staff at author’s request>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to be honest, none of these sprites really great except for maybe the chain gun. The OOA sprites look okay, but the pumpkin moon weapons look more like a meteor weapon now.
I'm sorry I couldn't do better. Some of these are pretty old, too. (The OOA has been sitting about; the christmas tree sword is even older and I hate that one too.) As for the pumpkin moon sprites, they really weren't following any theme, I just touched up what I thought would look good to myself — I didn't design these with a public pack in mind. (Also, personally I always thought that the chain gun was on the lower end of quality; I'm particularly bad at Gatling-style rotary weapons.)

But, alas, no more excuses; again I apologize that I couldn't meet expectations, but it's always good to have feedback! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom