Other True Expert Mose

Would this be better as a selectable difficulty or an easily obtained item?

• Selectable difficulty

• Item

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mushy Boi

Terrarian
You guessed it! It's a new difficulty mode. True Expert mode, other names are Master and Extreme mode.I realized while making this would be better as an item that activates the mode

Compared to expert mode:
Enemy HP, ATK, and DEF, coin and item drops are increased by 50%
Increased enemy spawn rate
New enemy AI (Bosses and regular enemies, I won't go into enemy AI here, too much for my brain)
If a boss is supposed to 1 item from a selection, it drops 2.

New boss AI:
  • Can teleport into mid-air
  • Spawns only spiked slimes
  • Charges in phase 1
  • Constantly spawns Servants of Cuthulu
  • Head spits cursed flames
  • Other segments fire vile
  • Illusions are permanently 0% transparent
  • Creepers are faster
  • Fires wasps instead of bees
  • Leaves trail of bees during charge
  • Arms are replaced with the Prime Vice and Cannon
  • Fires bones
    • Faster
    • Hungry have longer range
    • Eyes actually have defense
    • Fires EVEN MORE lasers
    • Probes burst into 4 randomly fired lasers upon destruction
    • Improved arms
    • New spin attack that fires steel bones everywhere
    • Once one enters phase 2, it cannot be damaged until the other one is also in phase 2
    • Constantly releases pollen projectiles that float in one spot, have -10% KB resistance
  • Hands become flails upon breaking
  • Fires 3 more lasers, 1 in the opposite direction, 2 perpendicular
  • sharknados launch more sharks
  • extra fast spins
  • Fake cultist are nearly identical
  • Attack cultist will randomly spawn
  • Deathray targets player
  • Hands have the ability to slap you

Last edited:
Expert pushed it to the limit, enough with the bullet-sponges. Multiplying enemy stats over and over reaches a point where it stops being more challenging and just breaks balance all-together. Same with item droprates. I would support the injection of more AI changes into current Expert mode, but we don't need anything more.

I misread that as "True expert moose".
But I think expert mode already increases enemy stats by enough, infact I think that double the health and damage of normal mode is pretty ridiculous and tedious anyway, and quadruple would be almost impossible to play with.

I misread that as "True expert moose".
But I think expert mode already increases enemy stats by enough, infact I think that double the health and damage of normal mode is pretty ridiculous and tedious anyway, and quadruple would be almost impossible to play with.
Didn't even realize it said mose instead of mode

My ideal expert mode would actually have enemies health and damage increased by only 50% instead of 100%, but most would gain a new attack instead. The bosses are fine how they are, well I would nerf the Skeletron a little. I feel that doubling the Health and damage of all enemies was a lazy way by the developers to make the mode seem more challenging.

Reactions: Bry
Expert pushed it to the limit, enough with the bullet-sponges. Multiplying enemy stats over and over reaches a point where it stops being more challenging and just breaks balance all-together. Same with item droprates. I would support the injection of more AI changes into current Expert mode, but we don't need anything more.
Good point

Master mode is getting added, whether you had anything to do with it or not. However, the way your going with it is just copying what expert mode did to normal mode. Master mode should require skills more than stats to beat.

Back
Top Bottom