• I love this, more cat themed stuff plz!!! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

FiendishCatz

Eye of Cthulhu
==True Meowmere==
(Even more cat themed stuff!)
(A sprite would be appreciated!)
The True Meowmere is, well, a better version of the Meowmere!

It shoots 3 cat faces instead of 1, each bouncing 3 times before dissipating.
Each cat face has a velocity of 15, and look like the normal one except with a blue, green and yellow gradient in between the two outlines it has. They also have a faint rainbow glittering effect around them.

The weapon itself has a use time of 25 (10 more than the normal Meowmere) and a damage value of 225. It also has a knockback value of 5 on a direct hit.

Its beams do 113 damage each, but have no knockback at all.

It is crafted at an Ancient Manipulator with 1 Meowmere, 1 Broken Hero Sword, and 10 Souls of Delight (drops from the Moon Lord in stacks of 13-26). It is the only item in the game to have
Rarity_color_11_big2.png
as a base rarity.

When crafted, you will hear an echoing, high-pitched meow and see this message: "You feel a phantasmical feeling of power from all around..."

Last edited:
Meowmere is THE endgame sword. You can't make a True version when its already the best sword in the game, there's no better tier and it will just be ridiculously overpowered.

(Also you haven't actually written anything on this yet, but I imagine you posted it early by mistake)

Meowmere is THE endgame sword. You can't make a True version when its already the best sword in the game, there's no better tier and it will just be ridiculously overpowered.

(Also you haven't actually written anything on this yet, but I imagine you posted it early by mistake)
Yes, I did. And yes, the only reason I actually made this is because I <3 cats. I did try to balance it out a bit though. Its use time is slower, and the cat faces (that might I add are so FREAKIN' COOL) do no knockback. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to make it better. :happy:

EDIT: I also made the cat faces only bounce 3 times.

Oh dear.

First of all the souls of meow would break the whole thing of them ending with "ight"

Second of all, holy :red: that's overpowered. That damage is unrivalled by anything in the game right now and you would be able to get one the moment you get meowmere.

I try to be optimistic about suggestions but even I have no hope for this.

Oh dear.

First of all the souls of meow would break the whole thing of them ending with "ight"

Second of all, holy :red: that's overpowered. That damage is unrivalled by anything in the game right now and you would be able to get one the moment you get meowmere.

I try to be optimistic about suggestions but even I have no hope for this.
Okay, okay, I admit this is crazy. But what should the souls be? Souls of Meowight? Can't think of much stuff that ends with 'ight'.
Okay, okay, I also admit that is a :red: lot of damage. Should I make it, actually... less? Like, 185 or something? And how much do the cat faces of the normal Meowmere do? Want to balance this out.:sigh:

Yes, I did. And yes, the only reason I actually made this is because I <3 cats. I did try to balance it out a bit though. Its use time is slower, and the cat faces (that might I add are so FREAKIN' COOL) do no knockback. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to make it better. :happy:

EDIT: I also made the cat faces only bounce 3 times.
I get you love cats, but Meowmere, the cat themed sword, is ALREADY the best sword in the game. In its current state this is incredibly overpowered. Now, if a completely new tier was added and this was nerfed I might like it, but right now its not that great. Also, as I'm sure you know there's a cat vanity set, cat ears and a cat pet (my sister loves cats too :p)
Okay, okay, I admit this is crazy. But what should the souls be? Souls of Meowight? Can't think of much stuff that ends with 'ight'.
Okay, okay, I also admit that is a :red: lot of damage. Should I make it, actually... less? Like, 185 or something? And how much do the cat faces of the normal Meowmere do? Want to balance this out.:sigh:
How about Souls of Delight? Cats are delightful I suppose :p Meowmere's base damage is 50, so maybe 225 or 230 for damage? Then it might be a little more balanced. Also if you're going to add a new Soul (maybe it should be a new item all together besides souls) it should have more uses beyond a single sword.

I get you love cats, but Meowmere, the cat themed sword, is ALREADY the best sword in the game. In its current state this is incredibly overpowered. Now, if a completely new tier was added and this was nerfed I might like it, but right now its not that great. Also, as I'm sure you know there's a cat vanity set, cat ears and a cat pet (my sister loves cats too :p)
I'm planning on actually making the damage value like 182. To make it more balanced, ya know? I would like to know how much damage the normal Meowmere's cat heads do so I can make that less "omgosh thats so OPPP"

P.S. Whaddaya mean by a "whole new tier"?

I'm planning on actually making the damage value like 182. To make it more balanced, ya know? I would like to know how much damage the normal Meowmere's cat heads do so I can make that less "omgosh thats so OPPP"

P.S. Whaddaya mean by a "whole new tier"?
I mean a new tier of the game. At the moment, after beating the final boss and the martian invasions and such, you have the best gear in the game. A new tier would probably have a new biome/area to explore, a new boss or several, one or two new sets of gear, and new enemies. But the Moon Lord is the final boss of the game and 1.3 is the final HUGE update, so its unlikely.

How about Souls of Delight? Cats are delightful I suppose :p Meowmere's base damage is 50, so maybe 225 or 230 for damage? Then it might be a little more balanced. Also if you're going to add a new Soul (maybe it should be a new item all together besides souls) it should have more uses beyond a single sword.
True, true. Wait, is that what I thought it was?
Grand Paladin Tyrux said:
How about Souls of Delight?
THAT'S BRILLIANT.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436934950,1436934843][/DOUBLEPOST]

Damage is going to be changed to 225. And Soul of Meow is going to be changed to Soul of Delight. Right NOW.

Okay, I like the idea a bit more now, I still think that the Souls need more use then just a True Meowmere, and that Meowmere really doesn't deserve an upgrade without a new tier to the game, but I'm not completely against it at this point.

The Meowmere is already one of the best swords in the game, it doesn't need an upgrade.
But CATS! You know? There's never enough CAT!!
Yes I know, I'm working on making it more balanced. A LOT more.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436935110,1436935054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay, I like the idea a bit more now, I still think that the Souls need more use then just a True Meowmere, and that Meowmere really doesn't deserve an upgrade without a new tier to the game, but I'm not completely against it at this point.
I'll work on that tomorrow. Like, more cat themed stuff for the Souls of Delight. Thanks for all your help! :happy:

If you think the game needs more cat related stuff, here's some of my own basic ideas. But the Meowmere is THE best sword in the game, try suggesting other things. Ideas:

-Tigers as enemies that spawn in the Jungle

-A new cat pet that drops from the Moon Lord rarely

-Maybe an Egyptian themed cat pet found in Pyramids/Underground Desert?

-After Moon Lord is defeated, a Nyan Cat enemy can spawn in the space layer, which drops unique items (A nyan cat vanity set, a Meowmere-style bow or staff perhaps, and maybe a Nyan Cat pet instead of having one drop from the Moon Lord?)

No matter how much you nerf it, there's no way to make it balanced while still being an upgrade because the Meowmere is an end-game sword, and it's already insanly powerful. You'd be better of trying to come up with something else if you have a thing for cats.

Melee is already overpowered. It's like a ranger/caster hybrid, except with INSANELY high damage and op armor. We don't need any more melee stuff.

Back
Top Bottom