Items True Spears & Terra Halberd

Gigadweeb

Skeletron Prime
copypasta'd from Terraria Online
LAmqxK7.png
OC pls donut steel
I'm really disappointed that there's no way to make a hardmode version of the Dark Lance, so I figured this would be the best route. Instead of dropping Broken Hero Swords, Mothron now drops the Hero Essence, at a 100% drop rate per kill. True Spears are crafted with one Essence and the spear itself at a Mythril/Orichalum Anvil.
eDiFdJi.png

rough sprite

Anyway, properties for all of them -

True Gungnir

Damage - 60

Knockback - 6.5

Use Time - 30

Leaves an afterimage that splits into glowing crystal shards that deal roughly 20-30 damage each. Longest reach of all spears.

True Dark Lance
Damage - 70

Knockback - 6

Use Time - 40

Similar to Javelins; can be thrown with MOUSE2 and will stick into enemies, inflicting damage and leaving a Cursed Flames debuff afterwards for ~10-20 seconds.

Terra Halberd
Damage - 80

Velocity - 7.5

Knockback - 7

Use Time - 35

The Terra Halberd is unique, as it has two attack styles.

Primary attack thrusts the weapon forward, and fires a yellow pike that pierces once. The projectile does slightly less than base damage, and disappears after 300 blocks.

The secondary attack (MOUSE2 on default controls) swings the weapon towards the player's feet, where upon making contact with land (including platforms), it sends a shockwave forward that does around 80-85 base damage, pierces infinitely and can potentially hit targets multiple times. Has a range of 100 blocks, and needs a 3 second cooldown before firing the shockwave again, to provent mindless spamming. The swing still does damage, however.

Thoughts would be appreciated on this. Cheers guys. Sprites were done/modified by me.

Last edited:
I figured that maybe you overlooked Fruitbat's Terra Spear thread before creating this one. (It happens to be the third-most-viewed thread in the Equipment sub-forum.)

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terra-spear.1000/

I really don't think this is different enough from the Terra Spear to be in a thread of its own. Although I guess it's true that great minds think alike...
Well, this is embarassing, haha. I figured there'd be something like this, so I tried to make it unique in terms of the end product. I loved the Halberd class in Dark Souls, so I kind of tried to translate it over to Terraria.

Do we really need any more true weapons? The Terrablade kind of already acts a spear with that projectile.

I prefer spears to swords, they take more precision but they are great for crowd control. I am liking the shockwave projectile attack.
Don't really see a need to quote me unless you were trying to start an argument on why this should be implemented. Anyways, I think the Terrablade is enough, that's just my opinion though.

That's one interpretation, I see it as the blade of earth.
IMO, I think it's supposed to represent the Purity - it's crafted from a blade of the Corruption (well, at least, its appearance kind of suggests that); a blade of dark, and a blade of the Hallowed; a blade of the light. Together they neutralise each other, creating a blade that's pure. That's why I want the Terra Halberd in the game; the Dark Lance and Gungnir appear to be the spear counterparts of the Night's Edge and Excalibur respectively, so it felt ill-fitting for them not to have their own True versions.

Been a while since I visited this. Modified them to be a bit more interesting instead of True Swords - Spear Edition, and changed up the damage a bit.

Back
Top Bottom