Votes: 3 15.8%
  • There's a problem.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Too unoriginal.

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Haydenman2

Steampunker
Yes, I know this is overdone, but I think I am going to take this a different direction than most other Terra Blade upgrades.

Unlike most topics on Terra Blade upgrades, I propose you can get the True Terra Blade at an earlier stage than post Moon Lord. I have included a crafting recipe and a sprite I made for the True Terra Blade.

Seedler.png
+
Starfury.png
+
Ice_Sickle.png
+
Death_Sickle.png
+
Cutlass.png
+
Terra_Blade.png
=
8mC899J.png

Seedler + Starfury + Ice Sickle + Death Sickle + Cutlass + Terra Blade = True Terra Blade

This sword would deal 150 base damage, have a base use time of 50.
To put this into perspective, the use time would be approximately twice that of an Excalibur without a modifier.
Yes, I know that this use time is absolutely absurd. I did this intentionally.
Additionally, it would trigger one of these random effects every swing.
  • Shoot a spread shot of four very fast True Terra Blade projectiles
  • Causes a single True Terra Blade projectile to fall on each enemy on screen, max six True Terra Blade projectiles
  • Send out two spinning short range True Terra Blade projectiles
  • Launch a ball that breaks on collision and releases bits of shrapnel and 6 Wasps when broken
  • Inflicts Frostburn for 30 seconds
  • Inflicts Shadowflame for 30 seconds
  • Inflicts Ichor for 1 minute
The True Terra Blade projectile would be a projectile that would flash rainbow colors and shaped like the blade. Upon contact, the projectile would deal damage equal to the True Terra Blade, and then split into two standard Terra Blade projectiles, with the same properties as those fired by the standard Terra Blade.
Please leave constructive criticism below :D

Last edited:
First of all 50 usetime?!? That's higher than the slowest weapon I can think of being the Chlorophyte Warhammer
Then we get to the damage prospective even with the four Terra blade thing I'm pretty sure the Influx Waver would out DPS it with that absurd use time.
Then the crafting recipe. It's not even difficult to craft it's just insanely grindy.
The effects are actually quite cool but what would it's regular projectile be just a regular terra beam or would it be different?

On the recipe- first of all, just smashing together a bunch of swords does not constitute a decent recipe, second of all, nobody wants to combine all their melee weapons into one thing- not to mention that a lot of the weapons are on wildly varying tiers, which is generally a terrible idea. Although I have personally done that in the past, quite often, so maybe I'm not one to speak.

And yeah, 50 use time is borderline useless. Almost every weapon has a better DPS than that.

First of all 50 usetime?!? That's higher than the slowest weapon I can think of being the Chlorophyte Warhammer
Then we get to the damage prospective even with the four Terra blade thing I'm pretty sure the Influx Waver would out DPS it with that absurd use time.
Then the crafting recipe. It's not even difficult to craft it's just insanely grindy.
The effects are actually quite cool but what would it's regular projectile be just a regular terra beam or would it be different?
You could get this sword right after Plantera. A sword that deals 150 damage with the speed of a standard Terra Blade would be incredibly OP at that time, so I offset it with use time. If you were in the quite situation (eg. enemy backed up against a wall, enemy is KB resistant) this would actually be very effective. And second, I think that a new projectile would be cool, so I added details to the main post.

On the recipe- first of all, just smashing together a bunch of swords does not constitute a decent recipe, second of all, nobody wants to combine all their melee weapons into one thing- not to mention that a lot of the weapons are on wildly varying tiers, which is generally a terrible idea. Although I have personally done that in the past, quite often, so maybe I'm not one to speak.

And yeah, 50 use time is borderline useless. Almost every weapon has a better DPS than that.
First, you could feasibly have this sword after Plantera. That would be insane. The damage that a standard speed Terra Blade could deal with 150 damage would be insane. that's why I added a slow use time.
Second, there's literally an in game sword at this exact moment that does a similar thing. The Night's Edge. This sword smashes together a bunch of swords, from wildly varying tiers, that will require people to combine all their best melee weapons.
Although, I understand that it may come as an unpleasant shock to craft your (currently) fast sword into something that is slow. I sure hate slow weapons, and I would be very peeved if I was caught off guard with an insanely slow weapon.

First of all you can also feasibly obtain the seedler which has a 22 use time allowing you to swing the thing twice before one swing of this and with the main projectile plus the shards it greatly out preforms this sword

Then the regular terra blade god stomps this sword in comparison as it has a 15 use time making it 3x faster than this and with a base damage of 95 with pierce this would be a utter downgrade from it.

First, you could feasibly have this sword after Plantera. That would be insane. The damage that a standard speed Terra Blade could deal with 150 damage would be insane. that's why I added a slow use time.
Second, there's literally an in game sword at this exact moment that does a similar thing. The Night's Edge. This sword smashes together a bunch of swords, from wildly varying tiers, that will require people to combine all their best melee weapons.
Although, I understand that it may come as an unpleasant shock to craft your (currently) fast sword into something that is slow. I sure hate slow weapons, and I would be very peeved if I was caught off guard with an insanely slow weapon.
First- just because it would be OP with a fast use time doesn't mean you make it useless.
Second- The Night's Edge recipe works because it actually encourages exploration and is generally beneficial to the game- it forces a melee-focused player into the jungle, where he might've not otherwise gone. Your sword is just an amalgamation of a bunch of weapons that were powerful at their tier (and are a lot more grindy to get- i.e sickles). Not to mention the Night's Edge works thematically.

And just to make my point on speed- Terra blade currently holds 380 DPS without factoring in the blades. Your blade is 180, and just to be nice I'll add 600 points assuming four of your special blades hit. Which looks pretty, but the Terra blade hits 760 DPS assuming just ONE projectile hits. (Not to mention that having a randomized effect on your sword is a net negative since it becomes significantly less reliable.)

Chlorophyte warhammer isn't actually that slow, with a usetime of 34 compared to the Sniper rifle at 35 and The Breaker at 44

As for the suggestion, in my honest opinion, this is kicking a dead goat

Yes, the Terra blade was the ultimate sword before, and just like all the others in previous updates, it died, as you would expect. And besides, the Terrablade is still a good weapon, very fast and much more reliable than the Meowmere, easier to spam than the Influx Waver, and less situational than the Starwrath. In other words, it just really isn't needed, and it would be additional clutter to an already cluttered tier.

Also, keep in mind that to get a Starfury, you'll either need to be lucky when it comes to islands, or fish...a lot.

First of all you can also feasibly obtain the seedler which has a 22 use time allowing you to swing the thing twice before one swing of this and with the main projectile plus the shards it greatly out preforms this sword

Then the regular terra blade god stomps this sword in comparison as it has a 15 use time making it 3x faster than this and with a base damage of 95 with pierce this would be a utter downgrade from it.

First- just because it would be OP with a fast use time doesn't mean you make it useless.
Second- The Night's Edge recipe works because it actually encourages exploration and is generally beneficial to the game- it forces a melee-focused player into the jungle, where he might've not otherwise gone. Your sword is just an amalgamation of a bunch of weapons that were powerful at their tier (and are a lot more grindy to get- i.e sickles). Not to mention the Night's Edge works thematically.

And just to make my point on speed- Terra blade currently holds 380 DPS without factoring in the blades. Your blade is 180, and just to be nice I'll add 600 points assuming four of your special blades hit. Which looks pretty, but the Terra blade hits 760 DPS assuming just ONE projectile hits. (Not to mention that having a randomized effect on your sword is a net negative since it becomes significantly less reliable.)
What do you two think a fair use time would be, instead?

What do you two think a fair use time would be, instead?
I think that your fatal flaw is trying to balance ridiculous damage with atrocious use time. That's attempting to walk a fine line between overpowered and pathetic- something I'm not going to try, especially not with an item as contentious as the True Terra Blade.

I think that your fatal flaw is trying to balance ridiculous damage with atrocious use time. That's attempting to walk a fine line between overpowered and pathetic- something I'm not going to try, especially not with an item as contentious as the True Terra Blade.
Understandable. I really feel that this suggestion was very misguided, but I digress. I shall rethink damage and DPS for my future suggestion :)

Back
Top Bottom