Weapons & Equip True Terra Blade

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
You wanna know what really bugs me? That a sword that's based off of a terrible meme that died in 2012 has better stats than the blade that represents the whole game. So, I propose that the blade that represents the whole game gets a true form similar to the Night's Edge, the former sword that used to represent the whole game.

THE TRUE TERRA BLADE

The True Terrablade would obviously be an improvement to the Terra Blade. It would be crafted with the Terrablade, Meowmere, 18 Solar Fragments, and 10 Luminite.

For the sprite, I was thinking that it could look similar to the True Night's Edge, considering that the normal forms of these weapons look very similar. True TB would have a green colorscheme with a rainbow border. Also the TNE is one of my favorite sprites in the game and it's a pretty bad weapon since it can't autoswing.
Obviously the TB and NE aren't the exact same but you should get my point.

Now to the stats, the fun part

Damage: 200 (same as Nyan Cat sword)
Knockback: 8 (good knockback, better than TB)
Crit Chance: 12% (It's the last sword in the game, why would it have only 4% critchance?)
Use time: 8 (Insanely fast, twice as much as TB and Meowmere)
Velocity: 20 (almost twice as much as the original TB)

The TTB would shoot out a projectile, similar to the first one. This would be a different however, similar to a Slash like that in the Betsy Sword. This projectile would vibrate Rainbow colors.

I feel the TTB is something Terraria should have, the last sword shouldn't be the memesword. Obviously the stats don't matter if they're not the same as mine but I just want it in the game.

I dont want to waste my time sayimg it, so heres a quote
You know, it's a running gag to even mention seriously suggesting a "True Terra Blade" on these forums, and I...

Man, I've just been through so many of these "new True weapons" ideas that I don't even know what I can say on why this is a bad idea that I haven't said before. It's just an unoriginal idea and has failed so many times already that it's pretty obvious that it won't ever happen, regardless of the stats anyone gives it. Sure, the Arkhalis mode thing is a rather novel little concept you put in (though you are just grafting an existing mechanic and not doing something completely new), but the last thing Terraria players want these days is yet another overpowered weapon to grind for, and again, no one ever takes True Terra Blade suggestions seriously. I get that each content update to Terraria intentionally power-creeps the whole game so that there's more progression to go through, but in this particular case, it's unwarranted for the game and unwanted by the community. So no, I'm afraid I don't support your idea.

oh hey, someone quoted me from a different thread, i'm that cool now :y

i stand by what i say for this suggestion, it's unoriginal and has been suggested literally hundreds of times; what are the odds that your suggestion out of those hundreds will be selected by the re-logic team, who are known for having extremely strict standards for what will be added to terraria? not to mention that every pledge of support is signal boosting for you, so saying "i don't care" really doesn't help your case

I can't agree with that. Just look at 1.3.4.
Except that wasn't a suggestion, it was a crossover. Terraria has had crossovers before yaknow.

Falcon_Blade.png

Except that wasn't a suggestion, it was a crossover. Terraria has had crossovers before yaknow.

Falcon_Blade.png
Fishing, another great example of less-than-quality concepts being implemented.

Did they say we were limited to suggestions they've added?

I think the problem here is thinking that the Terra Blade must be the strongest sword in the game because of its name and how iconic it is. When you think about it, it really doesn't.

For example, what is the most iconic Pokemon? Pikachu, right? But Pikachu isn't the strongest Pokemon in the game, nor even remotely close to being among them. Terraria already acknowledges the Terra Blade's status through an achievement, and through updates, the weapon has been improved compared to when it was first released; this is analagous to the Light Ball being released in Pokemon Gold and Silver so that Pikachu could at least have a niche.

To be honest, I don't mind that the strongest sword in the game is based off a dumb meme. It's very fitting for a game like Terraria that doesn't take itself too seriously. the fact that I regularly listen to Nyan Cat unironically has nothing to do with this ok

If you guys don't like a suggestion just move on. Arguing about it is immature and you're making yourselves look like fools. Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

If you guys don't like a suggestion just move on. Arguing about it is immature and you're making yourselves look like fools. Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.
@hogndog, if you’re going to post a suggestion, you’ve got to be ready for criticism. If you feel that the criticism is not polite, you can report it, and the forum staff can look it over. Please don’t try to address what you think are rules violations yourself, especially if you are going to be disrespectful while doing it.

Wait what

You insult and bash others' ideas (such as saying they suck or are crappy, or even call out "recolor" while using recolors yourself), but when people actually argue good points against yours, it's immature and foolish. ???????

If you're gonna criticize others' stuff then you need to be able to take some yourself.

anyway I would rather buff up the True swords and delay the Terra Blade's crafting until later, like needing the ancient manipulator or something. It wouldn't need to be the strongest, but it could be good enough to face the ML with at least. Having the Meowmere in the recipe is even more absurd than Meowmere existing if you ask me.

Wait what

You insult and bash others' ideas (such as saying they suck or are crappy, or even call out "recolor" while using recolors yourself), but when people actually argue good points against yours, it's immature and foolish. ???????

If you're gonna criticize others' stuff then you need to be able to take some yourself.
@Snickerbobble, it has already been handled. I understand where you are coming from, but responding to a situation that has already been addressed isn't needed and will only create drama.

And if you do see any member insulting or bashing another member's suggestion, please feel free to report it and then carry on. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have or discuss anything further in private message.

i'm talking about player-suggested things, like pink slime; not what re-logic decided to add themselves
Pink slime has some uses, but I'd have to say I was disappointed with the implementation of that, too. Pink slime blocks are borderline useless; I saw many complaints post-1.3 and since about their lack of potency.

a True Terra Sword is an oversuggested thing (seen many others before you, hogndog, made this one), so there is a problem with this thing, the overpower of this item could make it (and other "true" terra swords) an infamous thing

Back
Top Bottom