tModLoader True Tooltips 1.4

Thanks, it seems to be working now. Quite the timing, too. I was just about to message you with the solution I've found. The code on Github seems to be a little behind the current version, would it be possible for you to upload the latest version? I'd like to see how you fixed the problem. I did it by using item.shopCustomPrice when available.
That's how I fixed it aswell. I just updated the GitHub Repository.

I've been using this mod recently with a ranger playthrough and it caught my attention that combining gun and ammo crit chance gives an inaccurate number, was confused on numerous occasions when I saw 100%+ crit chance and it wasn't guaranteed crits. There seems to be a misconception that ammo crit chance stacks with your ranged weapon, which might be because the other stats (damage/velocity/kb) affect the weapon.

1642252061382.png

Game crashed when i hovered over some fishing rod that has extra lure from fargo mutant mod. i disable extra lure and it doesnt crash anymore
here is an example of what its suppose to show without true tooltip mod enabled
1642252031010.png

client.log is down here

Attachments

• client.log
    78.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I've been using this mod recently with a ranger playthrough and it caught my attention that combining gun and ammo crit chance gives an inaccurate number, was confused on numerous occasions when I saw 100%+ crit chance and it wasn't guaranteed crits. There seems to be a misconception that ammo crit chance stacks with your ranged weapon, which might be because the other stats (damage/velocity/kb) affect the weapon.
Sorry for the late Reply. I've looked through Terraria's Source Code and it seems Ammo Crit Chance doesn't affect Crit Chance. I removed the Option to combine Ammo and Weapon Crit and added the Option to only hide Ammo Crit Chance. Thanks for bringing this to my Attention.

View attachment 353934

Game crashed when i hovered over some fishing rod that has extra lure from fargo mutant mod. i disable extra lure and it doesnt crash anymore
here is an example of what its suppose to show without true tooltip mod enabled
View attachment 353933
client.log is down here
This is not Something I can fix. But you can fix It yourself. Just turn the NeedsBait Line or the Better Price Line back on. When "Extra Lures on Fishing Rods" is on, Fargo's Mutant Mod tries to add a Line to the 3rd Line of the Tooltip. But when both the NeedsBait Line and the Better Price Line are off, there is no 3rd Line to add a Line to, causing the Game to crash.

Last edited:
This is not Something I can fix. But you can fix It yourself. Just turn the NeedsBait Line or the Better Price Line back on. When "Extra Lures on Fishing Rods" is on, Fargo's Mutant Mod tries to add a Line to the 3rd Line of the Tooltip. But when both the NeedsBait Line and the Better Price Line are off, there is no 3rd Line to add a Line to, causing the Game to crash.
ah i see. thanks 🙏

Found that there is errors when running your mod, it seems its not compatibility issue but the mod itself had issues. Here's an log for you. I hope you are able to fix it as this is best tooltip I ever had. For now I have it disabled until you fix it. :)

Attachments

• client.log
    538.2 KB · Views: 66
Found that there is errors when running your mod, it seems its not compatibility issue but the mod itself had issues. Here's an log for you. I hope you are able to fix it as this is best tooltip I ever had. For now I have it disabled until you fix it. :)
Thanks for the report. It should be fixed now. Please let me know if it is.

Thanks for the report. It should be fixed now. Please let me know if it is.
Ok, now the issue still perists, seems its somehow not working well with weaponout mod, each time I hover the item, sadly still causes crashes, sorry for long delay but I was figuring it out to make really really sure that its was the case.

Attachments

• client[1].log
    150.7 KB · Views: 55
Ok, now the issue still perists, seems its somehow not working well with weaponout mod, each time I hover the item, sadly still causes crashes, sorry for long delay but I was figuring it out to make really really sure that its was the case.
That's a different bug, it seems the first one is fixed now. I'll look into the new one.

Well after update I got issue with recipe browser and true tooltips about icons added and some item can cause crashed for some reason.

Attachments

• client.log
    177.1 KB · Views: 54
I fixed the bug caused by WeaponOut. Keep in mind that WeaponOut doesn't account for other mods modifying tooltips so there might be more issues, some of which i might not be able to solve.

Honestly, I've had high hopes for the client functionality of both of your mods, but it's always perplexed me why you have a client-side mod assigned as a normal-side mode. That means that, if playing multiplayer, all people must use the mod, or no one can. If they were instead set as client-side mods, this would not be enforced and people could just use it if they wanted it. Usually, because a mod influences other people in multiplayer, its a normal-side mod. However, this mod should not impact any other player, so it can be safely assigned as a client-side mod.

I mean, I've wondered this with several other mods, including both WeaponsOut Lite and Colored Damage Types (both mentioned here already), so I hope you don't feel this is a horrible mistake or anything, just a common oversight. I would get to use these mods more frequently in multiplayer if they were configured for client-side usage, like many of my other client-side mods, so my purpose in this message is simply in hopes that this might happen. It sometimes feels as if almost everyone forgets this aspect of mods even exists.

Back
Top Bottom