tModLoader True Tooltips 1.4

Graumen

Terrarian
icon_workshop.png

Direct Download (1.3 Legacy)
Open Source on GitHub

True Tooltips is a highly customizable tooltip-enhancing mod. All features can be turned off.
Now Client-Side. Thank you @Lanie Rubyss
Russian translation by @Imapo

Features.png
  • Lets you turn off almost all vanilla tooltip lines.
  • Lets you change the color of almost all vanilla tooltip lines.
  • Shows the item's sprite in the tooltip always, or only when holding SHIFT, alternatively.
  • Adds a background whose size and color can be changed.
  • Adds a tooltip line showing the item's ammo or the ammo the item needs, as well as the mod adding the ammo when "Item Mod" is on.
  • Shows the mod adding the item when holding SHIFT, or always, alternatively.
  • Improves the vanilla price tooltip line to always be visible, have individual colors for different coins and be less redundant.
  • Improves the vanilla speed tooltip line to show uses per second instead of, e.g., "Fast speed".
  • Improves the vanilla knockback tooltip line to show a numeric value instead of, e.g., "Strong knockback", and show the combined knockback of the weapon and its ammo if "Better Knockback" is on.
  • Improves the vanilla damage tooltip line to show the combined damage of the weapon and its ammo.
  • Lets you turn off tooltips of individual items.
  • Lets you change the position of the tooltip.
  • Lets you change the distance between tooltip lines.
  • Lets you turn off the pulsing of the text.

TrueTooltips.png

TrueTooltips2.png

TrueTooltips3.png

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying out your mod and it's amazing. Can you make it so the mounts and grappling hook have information, for example for the grappling, hooks the hook travels at insert blocks here and travels at insert speed here, for example for the mounts, slimy saddle does insert damage here and travels at insert speed here and has one jump. I would like to see more of what you have to offer.

this mod prevents sell prices in npc shops from showing
I'm not running into this Issue. Do you have any other Mods that modify Tooltips? The Better Price Line looks the same for Items in a Shop but the Values are different.

Finally got around to trying out your mod and it's amazing. Can you make it so the mounts and grappling hook have information, for example for the grappling, hooks the hook travels at insert blocks here and travels at insert speed here, for example for the mounts, slimy saddle does insert damage here and travels at insert speed here and has one jump. I would like to see more of what you have to offer.
Glad you like it. Great Ideas!

I'm not running into this Issue. Do you have any other Mods that modify Tooltips? The Better Price Line looks the same for Items in a Shop but the Values are different.
i have what mod is it from and what ammo does it shoot mods. With this mod enabled I don't see any price in npcs shops, or I see the sell price which is what I can sell it for

i have what mod is it from and what ammo does it shoot mods. With this mod enabled I don't see any price in npcs shops, or I see the sell price which is what I can sell it for
I just tested with these Mods, they seem to be compatible. I suggest only using this Mod, and if the Issue doesn't occur, reenabling all your other Mods one by one until it occurs again. But keep in Mind that I can't fix Compatibility Issues alone.

I just tested with these Mods, they seem to be compatible. I suggest only using this Mod, and if the Issue doesn't occur, reenabling all your other Mods one by one until it occurs again. But keep in Mind that I can't fix Compatibility Issues alone.
I will try to test when I can

This mod conflicts with Colored Damage Types. Which is sort of to be expected since they both make changes to the same thing.

It can be fixed by changing all the namespaces to __TrueTooltips, so Colored Damage Types loads afterwards.

But maybe this mod could be updated to incorporate the tooltip changes that Colored Damage Types makes?

------------

I would be over the moon if this mod could somehow also add a background to tooltips.

An unreleased mod called TooltipsPlus apparently had them. There's a .tmod file for it which can be found here. But it requires TerrariaHooks , which is now part of tModLoader. And "The modder has chosen to hide the code from tModReader." 🤷‍♀

Can make it so you have an option to keep the original information but have the accurate information be in (parentisis) right next to it.
This mod has been very helpful, thanks 👍.

Last edited:
I'd advise you to not assume there will always be a key present in your dictionaries.

I've attached a log file from someone who had an issue with a mod I made and TrueTooltips. While it's uncommon for items to have rarities that go past the vanilla maximum (and arguably never should under any real circumstance), I adjust rarities for the sake of cleaner and more stable IL code.
You'll have to redesign your system regardless for 1.4.

Attachments

• client.log
    18.7 KB · Views: 144
Hey, just wanted to say that I love the mod, but it seems to be affecting shop prices from AlchemistNPC Lite and Useful NPCs.

Here is an example with the Brewer from AlchemistNPC.

With True Tooltips:
tModLoader_Td79HCZi17.png

Without True Tooltips:
tModLoader_6Tg0bKzOUN.png

The actual prices, however, don't change. The potion still sells for 50 silver even if it says 10 silver.

Hey, just wanted to say that I love the mod, but it seems to be affecting shop prices from AlchemistNPC Lite and Useful NPCs.

Here is an example with the Brewer from AlchemistNPC.

With True Tooltips:
View attachment 352348

Without True Tooltips:
View attachment 352350

The actual prices, however, don't change. The potion still sells for 50 silver even if it says 10 silver.
That's weird... I'm gonna look into this. Thanks for letting me know.

It should be fixed now.
Thanks, it seems to be working now. Quite the timing, too. I was just about to message you with the solution I've found. The code on Github seems to be a little behind the current version, would it be possible for you to upload the latest version? I'd like to see how you fixed the problem. I did it by using item.shopCustomPrice when available.

Back
Top Bottom