• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader True Tooltips

Graumen

Terrarian
icon.png

Direct Download
Open Source on GitHub

A fully customizable Tooltip Enhancing Mod.

Features
  • Change the Color of- or turn off most Vanilla Tooltip Lines. Set the Alpha Value to 0 to turn a Vanilla Line off.​
  • Ammo Line : Shows the Item's Ammo's Amount, Name, Rarity, and Mod if "Mod Name under Item Name" is on.​
  • Better Knockback Line : Shows Knockback as a Number. Replaces Vanilla Knockback Line.​
  • Better Price Line : Always visible, better Color Coding, cleaner. Replaces Vanilla Price Line.​
  • Better Speed Line : Shows Uses per Second. Replaces Vanilla Speed Line.​
  • "Mod Name under Item Name" : Show the Mod that adds the Item under the Item's Name.​
  • "Weapon + Ammo Crit" : Show Weapon + Ammo Crit Chance for Weapons that have Ammo.​
  • "Weapon + Ammo Damage" : Same as above for Damage.​
  • "Weapon + Ammo Knockback" : Same as above for Knockback. Only works with Better Knockback Line.​
before.png
after.png

Last edited:

Krispyhappy

Eye of Cthulhu
Finally got around to trying out your mod and it's amazing. Can you make it so the mounts and grappling hook have information, for example for the grappling, hooks the hook travels at insert blocks here and travels at insert speed here, for example for the mounts, slimy saddle does insert damage here and travels at insert speed here and has one jump. I would like to see more of what you have to offer.

Graumen

Terrarian
this mod prevents sell prices in npc shops from showing
I'm not running into this Issue. Do you have any other Mods that modify Tooltips? The Better Price Line looks the same for Items in a Shop but the Values are different.

Graumen

Terrarian
Finally got around to trying out your mod and it's amazing. Can you make it so the mounts and grappling hook have information, for example for the grappling, hooks the hook travels at insert blocks here and travels at insert speed here, for example for the mounts, slimy saddle does insert damage here and travels at insert speed here and has one jump. I would like to see more of what you have to offer.
Glad you like it. Great Ideas!

NKSHV

Terrarian
I'm not running into this Issue. Do you have any other Mods that modify Tooltips? The Better Price Line looks the same for Items in a Shop but the Values are different.
i have what mod is it from and what ammo does it shoot mods. With this mod enabled I don't see any price in npcs shops, or I see the sell price which is what I can sell it for

Graumen

Terrarian
i have what mod is it from and what ammo does it shoot mods. With this mod enabled I don't see any price in npcs shops, or I see the sell price which is what I can sell it for
I just tested with these Mods, they seem to be compatible. I suggest only using this Mod, and if the Issue doesn't occur, reenabling all your other Mods one by one until it occurs again. But keep in Mind that I can't fix Compatibility Issues alone.

NKSHV

Terrarian
I just tested with these Mods, they seem to be compatible. I suggest only using this Mod, and if the Issue doesn't occur, reenabling all your other Mods one by one until it occurs again. But keep in Mind that I can't fix Compatibility Issues alone.
I will try to test when I can

Alexiea

Terrarian
This mod conflicts with Colored Damage Types. Which is sort of to be expected since they both make changes to the same thing.

It can be fixed by changing all the namespaces to __TrueTooltips, so Colored Damage Types loads afterwards.

But maybe this mod could be updated to incorporate the tooltip changes that Colored Damage Types makes?

------------

I would be over the moon if this mod could somehow also add a background to tooltips.

An unreleased mod called TooltipsPlus apparently had them. There's a .tmod file for it which can be found here. But it requires TerrariaHooks , which is now part of tModLoader. And "The modder has chosen to hide the code from tModReader." 🤷‍♀️

Krispyhappy

Eye of Cthulhu
Can make it so you have an option to keep the original information but have the accurate information be in (parentisis) right next to it.
This mod has been very helpful, thanks 👍.

Last edited:
Top Bottom