PS4 Truffle NPCs Replace Everyone (NPC Housing Bug)

Biscuit

Skeletron
Hello. I have been doing an expert mode with a hardcore character playthrough lately on a large size world. It is a private, offline, singleplayer world for only me. No other charcaters of mine or players have entered the world. I've noticed lately that whenever an NPC dies or I make a new valid NPC house that a truffle NPC will move in (despite the fact that there should only be one in my world). I can't get any other NPCs to move in and all my housing is being taken up by an army of Truffle NPCs (my town is in the purity/forest biome by the way). I haven't even met the requirements for a truffle to move in.

I've tried. . .
-Reporting it directly to Pipeworks on the bugfix page
-Reporting to 505 Games on their customer support page
-Making new housing, getting the truffles killed
-Polishing and wiping down my disc (I own a physical copy)

Yet they won't stop arriving and now there are over 4 in my world.
I've seen other users report this issue.
I was curious: Is there any way (currently) to fix this in-game or should I wait it out for a patch and/or reply?

-Thank you :)

Hello. I have been doing an expert mode with a hardcore character playthrough lately on a large size world. It is a private, offline, singleplayer world for only me. No other charcaters of mine or players have entered the world. I've noticed lately that whenever an NPC dies or I make a new valid NPC house that a truffle NPC will move in (despite the fact that there should only be one in my world). I can't get any other NPCs to move in and all my housing is being taken up by an army of Truffle NPCs (my town is in the purity/forest biome by the way). I haven't even met the requirements for a truffle to move in.

I've tried. . .
-Reporting it directly to Pipeworks on the bugfix page
-Reporting to 505 Games on their customer support page
-Making new housing, getting the truffles killed
-Polishing and wiping down my disc (I own a physical copy)

Yet they won't stop arriving and now there are over 4 in my world.
I've seen other users report this issue.
I was curious: Is there any way (currently) to fix this in-game or should I wait it out for a patch and/or reply?

-Thank you :)
Hi @Biscuit, welcome to the forums. :)

I’m seeing others that are having multiple Truffles moving in. I’m glad to hear that you’ve reported it to Pipeworks. For others that are stopping by, here is where you can send in bug reports for X1, PS4, Switch that willget directly to Pipeworks (the console developers): Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I think for now all you can do is wait for a patch to come out. I haven’t heard of any workarounds yet. The Truffle army is taking over. :D

Probably a bad idea but maybe if you met the requirements for the truffle it would stop? IDK
just make the mushroom biome and wait for the truffle to move in (The real one).
Then kill all the others.

BTW, do the fake truffles sell the truffle's items or not?

Hello Biscuit i had this bug too when i was playing through a run where i would collect all the weapons this bug can be fixed by building a suitable house for the truffle then removing all the lights from any suitable house and killing all the truffles i used a flame trap but any method will work once all the truffles are dead you can readd the lights back and your npcs will come back i hoped this helps.

Back
Top Bottom