PC Trying to find the best armor/weapon for me

ShadowScyth3

Terrarian
I am in prehardmode and i need weapon/armor advice. i used to know a lot about this game, but i stopped playing for a long time. Im mostly a magic/ranged fighter. Anyone got ideas? Also, edit, im sorry i accidently posted in guides idk how to remove this post

During prehardmode i would suggest you to stay melee, since that can keep you going for a while :) go for the molten armor, and the amazon yoyo (nights edge) - Thats a good combination....

I am in prehardmode and i need weapon/armor advice. i used to know a lot about this game, but i stopped playing for a long time. Im mostly a magic/ranged fighter. Anyone got ideas? Also, edit, im sorry i accidently posted in guides idk how to remove this post
Moving to PC In-Game Support. If you need a thread moved, you can always use the Report button and request it be moved. :)

How far have you explored in your World overall? In other words, have you either reached the Jungle & explored Underground. Reached the Dungeon, or also have access to the Underworld and have either a Nightmare Pickaxe, or Deathbringer Pickaxd?

I would recommend exploring the Dungeon for a good while if you haven't yet, unlocking several chests. They hold really good Magic & Range weapons for Pre-Hardmode and a great accessory. The Handgun can be upgraded after going to the Underworld to a Phoenix Blaster, and the Water Bolt (which can be found with specific types of books on the shelves) is a valuable magic weapon.

Reaching the Underworld will allow you to get Hellstone as well which allows you to craft some better armor & weapons overall. Overall, exploring those 3 key areas will help you prepare for the next Boss.

How far have you explored in your World overall? In other words, have you either reached the Jungle & explored Underground. Reached the Dungeon, or also have access to the Underworld and have either a Nightmare Pickaxe, or Deathbringer Pickaxd?

I would recommend exploring the Dungeon for a good while if you haven't yet, unlocking several chests. They hold really good Magic & Range weapons for Pre-Hardmode and a great accessory. The Handgun can be upgraded after going to the Underworld to a Phoenix Blaster, and the Water Bolt (which can be found with specific types of books on the shelves) is a valuable magic weapon.

Reaching the Underworld will allow you to get Hellstone as well which allows you to craft some better armor & weapons overall. Overall, exploring those 3 key areas will help you prepare for the next Boss.
thank you, i just beat skeletron. I am in expert mode, and i have full molten armor, and water bolt. I use phasesaber, minishark, waterbolt, and a demon bow. I also have a shadow pickaxe.

thank you, i just beat skeletron. I am in expert mode, and i have full molten armor, and water bolt. I use phasesaber, minishark, waterbolt, and a demon bow. I also have a shadow pickaxe.

Well, that's not much to argue with. By comparison, I was trying to focus on magic, with middling success -- so far I've been leaning mostly on Crimson Rod, Magic Missile (replacing both gem staves and various yo-yos), and summoning staff (first Hornet, now Imp). I've got a Demon Scythe, but I'm not too wild about its slow slart. I just traded my Bee-Keeper in for a Night's Edge, too -- the lack of autoswing is annoying, but it's still better at taking enemies out pronto. Also, I wasn't using guns before the Underworld, but I made a Phoenix Blaster, and that's working out pretty good. I just now turned my musket balls into meteor shot, but I haven't tried that in action yet.

Well, that's not much to argue with. By comparison, I was trying to focus on magic, with middling success -- so far I've been leaning mostly on Crimson Rod, Magic Missile (replacing both gem staves and various yo-yos), and summoning staff (first Hornet, now Imp). I've got a Demon Scythe, but I'm not too wild about its slow slart. I just traded my Bee-Keeper in for a Night's Edge, too -- the lack of autoswing is annoying, but it's still better at taking enemies out pronto. Also, I wasn't using guns before the Underworld, but I made a Phoenix Blaster, and that's working out pretty good. I just now turned my musket balls into meteor shot, but I haven't tried that in action yet.
update, now i use minishark, but mostly Phoenix blaster. i beat WoF so im in hardmode, and i am working on full orichalum armor. I use a molten fury, with unholy, heckfire, and rarely holy arrows as ammo. Im currently trying to get wings. Cant find any wyverns. Also, my friend is over so i left off really unlucky. Its a bloodmoon, and a pirate invasion, along with a boss (destroyer) spawning soon.

Back
Top Bottom