tAPI tSouchy.noCorruption

Souchy

Terrarian
(tAPI version: r14a)

Hai.
I was searching for a mod that would remove ALL Corruption, Crimson and Hallow (in hardmode too), but couldn't find anything.
So I made one.
Enjoy :)

Since this is a generation mod, it won't modify old worlds in any way unless you've not activated hardmode yet. In this case you would have the possibility to avoid generating the big 'X' of corruption and hallow and create hallowed floating islands instead. But be warned, I've not tested my new hardmode gen in old worlds since I added this feature; floating islands could spawn on top of each other and other unkown bugs could happen.

Edit:
See the latest update post here (or in the spoiler) with all the screenshots and explanations ! (+ tapi file is updated in the main post)
As I said I would, I put options for choosing between corruption and crimson (or random); removing (or not) the old generation of crimuption and hallow; adding (or not) the new generations of crimuption and hallow; and choosing how many islands of each type you want (up to 7 of each type)...

The new generation creates floating islands with orbs, altars and watnot so that the biome they contain will not be able to spread to the rest of your beautiful world. Those new islands are a little bit bigger than the normal ones. I would not suggest breaking the altars because doing so will still spawn random patches of ebonstone or crimstone which could then spread across your world, but that's up to you.
The number of orbs generated in each island is a random number between 3 and 7 (1 + 2 dices of 3 faces)

If you choose the automatic option for the number of islands, then this table will be applied:
Small World : 1 normal, 1 crimuption, 1 hallow
Medium World: 2 normals, 2 crimuptions, 2 hallows
Big World: 3 normals, 3 crimuptions, 2 hallows

The items in the chests of crimuption islands are the same (random) than the ones in the normal islands, but they can contain a Shadow Orb in addition to the other items.
As for the hallowed chests, I didn't have any idea so I just put a Gold Coin ._.

Also, before, a floating island couldn't be created near the center of the map (min 80 blocks from each side of the center); I removed this condition.

Sometimes, an orb will break when the world is first loaded and a meteorite may spawn after that... :/ not really a problem imo, but let me know if you want me to fix this.
View attachment 41041
Here are 7 islands on a small world, to give an idea of how many islands you can put before filling up your sky.
View attachment 41042
Here are the 3 new kinds of islands; the hallowed one being generated when hardmode is activated.
View attachment 41043View attachment 41044View attachment 41045

Let me know what you think :)

ps: I'm french :s

Attachments

• tSouchy.noCorruption.tapi
    22.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Ohai.
I was searching for a mod that would remove ALL Corruption, Crimson and Hallow (in hardmode too) or that would stop the spreading, but couldn't find anything.
So I made one.
Enjoy :)

Atm, the mod is extremely simple, it's like 2 lines of code, but I'd want to add new generations with options if I have the time.
ie I want to generate some underground pockets of crimuption (sealed) in normal mode and floating islands in hardmode; but chasms won't come back, most likely.
I'd give the option to choose between Crimson and Corruption (or random) and how much of the new biomes / shadoworbs / altars is created.
After all that, I will begin to add new content (biomesbiomesbiomesbiomesbiomesbiomes). Surprise.
ps: I'm french :s

In two lines of code, you removed the entire corruption, Crimson, and Hallow? o_O
Also, these are kinda important to the gameplay. Most of the time.
ARCqBB3.png

Yup, but you can get the ressources you need from other worlds.
ie I imported ebonstone in my clean world to make an artificial biome so that I can farm the Eater of Worlds for souls and key molds.

There it is, I got my first floating corruption island. Gonna enlarge it and add some orbs and altars to it now !
Also, before doing that I thought I would remove the clouds, but it looks pretty good like this so I'll keep them. If someone doesn't like the clouds then I can put them as an option.

I'd like to avoid multipost but eh, no one posts in my thread :( and I have an update to release :)

As I said I would, I put options for choosing between corruption and crimson (or random); removing (or not) the old generation of crimuption and hallow; adding (or not) the new generations of crimuption and hallow; and choosing how many islands of each type you want (up to 7 of each type)...

The new generation creates floating islands with orbs, altars and watnot so that the biome they contain will not be able to spread to the rest of your beautiful world. Those new islands are a little bit bigger than the normal ones. I would not suggest breaking the altars because doing so will still spawn random patches of ebonstone or crimstone which could then spread across your world, but that's up to you.
The number of orbs generated in each island is a random number between 3 and 7 (1 + 2 dices of 3 faces)

If you choose the automatic option for the number of islands, then this table will be applied:
Small World : 1 normal, 1 crimuption, 1 hallow
Medium World: 2 normals, 2 crimuptions, 2 hallows
Big World: 3 normals, 3 crimuptions, 2 hallows

The items in the chests of crimuption islands are the same (random) than the ones in the normal islands, but they can contain a Shadow Orb in addition to the other items.
As for the hallowed chests, I didn't have any idea so I just put a Gold Coin ._.

Also, before, a floating island couldn't be created near the center of the map (min 80 blocks from each side of the center); I removed this condition.

Sometimes, an orb will break when the world is first loaded and a meteorite may spawn after that... :/ not really a problem imo, but let me know if you want me to fix this.
broke orb + meteorite on spawn.png
Here are 7 islands on a small world, to give an idea of how many islands you can put before filling up your sky.
7 islands on small world.png
Here are the 3 new kinds of islands; the hallowed one being generated when hardmode is activated.
corrupted house 5.pngcrimson house 5.pnghallowed house 5.png

Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• tSouchy.noCorruption.tapi
    22.3 KB · Views: 165
This sounds neat. One problem that immediately came to mind was breaking three shadow orbs only to have the Eater of Worlds jump off of the island and despawn.

The eater of world will come to the island no prob :) (Tested!)
Yeah, but after he's spawned won't it just tunnel off? The islands are rather small, and if it were to tunnel out the bottom by accident there will be no more blocks to tunnel through and it would fall.

Yeah, but after he's spawned won't it just tunnel off? The islands are rather small, and if it were to tunnel out the bottom by accident there will be no more blocks to tunnel through and it would fall.
Hum, maybe the cut-off parts of the boss could fall off to the ground; I just destroyed him too fast to notice that. But maybe it could float back up to the island the same way it first came. I will test this in a minute.

Aww I tested it and it's too bad, but the EoW doesn't float back up :( Hm I guess one would have to put more corrupted blocks (or just stone and wait for it to convert) underneath the island so that the EoW doesn't fall. I could also enlarge the diameter of the islands, but other than those two solutions I don't know what I could do...

edit: also, maybe you didn't know, but if you start a fight with the EoW and then go in another biome than the corruption, it will disappear.

Aww I tested it and it's too bad, but the EoW doesn't float back up :( Hm I guess one would have to put more corrupted blocks (or just stone and wait for it to convert) underneath the island so that the EoW doesn't fall. I could also enlarge the diameter of the islands, but other than those two solutions I don't know what I could do...

edit: also, maybe you didn't know, but if you start a fight with the EoW and then go in another biome than the corruption, it will disappear.
Yep. So if it fell and you went with it it would despawn regardless. You could change the EoW AI to tunnel through air blocks too, that might work.

Sounds cool, only problem is I don't have a PC to play Terraria on because my laptop will probably stop working soon. :(

Yep. So if it fell and you went with it it would despawn regardless. You could change the EoW AI to tunnel through air blocks too, that might work.
I'm not familiar with the AIs in terraria yet and maybe modifying this would create incompabilities with other mods, but I will try looking into this when I have the time. As of now I think the way the mod works is still sufficient, but yeah, I'll try. If anyone wants to help me by giving me some info on how to do this, I have no objections =)
Sounds cool, only problem is I don't have a PC to play Terraria on because my laptop will probably stop working soon. :(
Not sure if liking your post means I'm evil and I'm glad your laptop will stop working or that I sympathize with you not being able to play my supermodofawesome. (so sad =( )

Btw, thank you all for your opinions, I really appreciate !

This is an awesome idea! I love the look of the islands as well, but there are a few problems to be rinsed out, but of course that's the be expected when modding, especially a mod like this, trying to compact a whole existing biome into a 50-block wide and 20-block deep space. Awesome!

Thank you ^^
As I said, I could make the islands bigger in diameter (that's how they're coded, not in width/height). I'll make a poll for this, if I can find out how.
I could let the user select the diameter they want, but I think that would just be too much and would ruin it.

edit: Turns out I can't make a poll once the thread is created so if people want to comment on this I'd be glad to collect your opinions and make the modifications consequently. Right now the outside cloud diameter for normal floating islands is ranged between 100 and 150 and the inside dirt diameter is between 80 and 95. The outside cloud diameter for the new islands is fixed at 150 and the inside diameter is fixed at 120. I'd suggest to maybe begin with 200 or 250 for the outside diameter and 170 or 220 for the inside diameter, respectively.
I'll have to go for now, but I could test it and make a screenshot for you when I'm back.

Last edited:
I actually think the choice thing is an amazing idea. You could have a tiny corruption island with one shadow orb, or a huge sky belt of corruption/hallow depending on what you chose.

Oh yeah, didn't think about this, thanks. Here I made one http://strawpoll.me/4070897
Also, sorry I forgot to test the bigger islands and to make a screenshot. I'll have to this later tho since I'm pretty occupied right now !

edit: the sizes I put in the poll are really just off the top of my head and they would have to depend on the world size if they're too big so there's that to take in consideration too.

edit2: For the user option, what I could probably do is decide of an automatic size based on the current one and add a chosen percentage to this. Say the user selects 0%, then the islands would not change and if he selects 100% then the size would be doubled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom