Mobile Tsunami has bait power?!

Alyxia

Queen Bee
Hi Terraria Team,
I was just fishing on my character in the underground hallowed snow to get the Scaly Truffle when my Unreal Tsunami suspiciously disappeared. Luckily, I had a backup character and just gave myself back the bow. Just to be sure, I went and backed up my new, restored character. I went fishing again, and this time the Tsunami and my Horn o’ Plenty disappeared! I reloaded my backup and gave myself back the items, and noticed that both the Tsunami and Horn o’ Plenty had bait power! I dropped them and picked them up, and they lost their bait power. However, every time I enter a world, they regain bait power, and I need to re-drop them. Thanks for reading and looking into it!
- Speedy_Diamonds, aka Awesome_Diamonds

Hi Terraria Team,
I was just fishing on my character in the underground hallowed snow to get the Scaly Truffle when my Unreal Tsunami suspiciously disappeared. Luckily, I had a backup character and just gave myself back the bow. Just to be sure, I went and backed up my new, restored character. I went fishing again, and this time the Tsunami and my Horn o’ Plenty disappeared! I reloaded my backup and gave myself back the items, and noticed that both the Tsunami and Horn o’ Plenty had bait power! I dropped them and picked them up, and they lost their bait power. However, every time I enter a world, they regain bait power, and I need to re-drop them. Thanks for reading and looking into it!
- Speedy_Diamonds, aka Awesome_Diamonds
It sounds like you've accidentally activated the bait/critter/fishing pole glitch which happens when you swap bait with an item in your inventory (Tsunami), save, swap them back, save.

Try it out. After you have your Tsunami back to normal, here's how you accidentally activated this glitch...
  • Swap Tsunami with Bait in inventory
  • Save and close
  • Swap them back
  • Save and close
  • Swap back to their original spots. Your Tsunami now has bait power.
To fix it so that the bait power is removed from the Tsunami, move the Tsunami to an empty spot in your inventory, then save and close. When you go back in, the bait power won't be on your Tsunami anymore.

This glitch will hopefully be absent from the mobile version when it gets its next update. :) To avoid the glitch, try to not swap items in inventory, but instead move items into an empty inventory spot.

And I'm so glad to hear you have your backups. Keep those safe and back up consistently.

Back
Top Bottom