Turbo Truffle Worm Farm - Vertical, Hoik Engine Powered (+ Spawn Area Tutorial)

Do Dart Traps(poison ones) work instead of Lihzard Traps? I don't have the Picksaw, and Plantera still isn't defeated.

Not really. They don't inflict enough DPS to be useful against enemies such as the Giant Fungi Bulb. You can try, but you will probably have to be very active to stay alive (no AFK).

I suggest you focus on defeating Plantera and Golem before taking on Duke Fishron.

*EDIT* I found the issue. The Truffle Worms were all getting ground up by the monsters tracking the player. Moving my standing location to the X in the example seems to of helped. That said, it's no longer an AFK farm as I have to still charge the Worm but it's better than nothing.

I spent all yesterday building this and besides rarely getting Truffles to spawn, more often than not they fall off mid hoik vertically and land on that singular block at the base of the hoik stuck forever. That or they get trapped. I've only successfully got one truffle in about fifteen minutes of fiddling with it. The rest die or get stuck mid up hoik. If I could get help getting this thing actually working, It'd be much appreciated.

Here's the farm in question.
ef23313990ce4090bbe55c37dbe21e0e.png
SCluxjF.png

Last edited:
If you add a second spawn surface that is actuated (inactive) when the first spawn surface is active, more truffle worms should survive.
This feature is called an item filter. Mobs will stay on top while items (including truffle worms) fall through into the hoik.
Capture 2016-11-25 08_47_38.png Capture 2016-11-25 08_48_18.png

I built this farm in an underground mushroom biome I had created earlier with the clentaminator in the jungle. I made it just like in the video, except for one or two things I changed but should work just fine(like using the different engine). However, I somehow can't get any mushroom biome spawns, and the platforms only produce slimes. Help?

Also, I tested the system, everything works great, if I wanted a slime farm. Wiring is all functional, etc.
Map image:
upload_2017-1-29_13-26-4.png

In person:
terraria1.PNG

That's the Valhalla Knight armor you have on right? You aren't using mods right?

I see no reason why you're having trouble. The background walls I assume are naturally placed walls, so they shouldn't interfere with spawns.
The sequencing of the hoik teeth seems to be good. Off when the upper surface is off.

That's the Valhalla Knight armor you have on right? You aren't using mods right?

I see no reason why you're having trouble. The background walls I assume are naturally placed walls, so they shouldn't interfere with spawns.
The sequencing of the hoik teeth seems to be good. Off when the upper surface is off.
I'm wearing Nebula armor with Valhalla Knight on as cosmetic. No mods. The backgound walls are natural ones, unless those created with the Clentaminator aren't, and slimes are able to spawn there. Also, there aren't even any walls in front of the spawning space.
Thanks!

Hmm. Are you certain you aren't using mods? It's the only thing I can think of that might explain your trouble. I just tried my own farms (normal/expert) and they were working fine, except for a bug with giant fungi bulbs in expert.
Does mushroom mobs spawn ok elsewhere?

Just realized my problem..
I don't think the world I did it on is hardmode

EDIT: I just defeated the wall of flesh on that world, and now the mushroom mobs are spawning.
ANOTHER EDIT: Ive been running the farm for, maybe, 2 minutes, already 6 truffle worms.

Last edited:
Currently running a test to compare profits of selling 20 truffle worms V. loot from 20 Fishrons V. loot from 20 Expert Fishrons

I built this on the Nintendo switch and every time I start the engine my game either freezes or completely crashes. I tried 5 times and froze/crashed every time. I'm not sure if it is because I completely surrounded my farm with lava or if the engine is just too much for this version

I hooked up a light switch and manually ran the farm and it worked fine. It also ran with a 1 sec timer. I'm thinking i may test a slower engine next. I'm also considering building the 30 acts engine some where a little more calm to see if my game crashes. I think that making my switch process all that lava may be part of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom