Portfolio/Multi-Topic Turgle's Suggestions Thread - back from TO

I'm a Raptor

Plantera
Just thought that, since the new forums are up and running, I'd like to get my suggestions from the old forums. Brought to you in nice, shiny, refined spoilers :).

The Starfury.
Awesome name. Awesome effect. Awesome weapon.
Also, a weapon many people look at and think "It's a shame, if only you were still useful in Hardmode."

Admit it, everyone loves the Starfury.

I, and I'm sure many others, would love to see the Starfury of old reimbursed to this world of Bubble Flails, Death Poles and Homing Pumpkin Swords.

The Starfury is a blade worthy of the hero of your Terrarian world, and from that sparked an idea (ok, ok I'll cut to the chase!)

I'd like to suggest a hardmode upgrade for the Starfury. I wish for it to keep it's signature ability and have a similar sprite, but to have more hardmode stats.
The damage for it could be bumped up to somewhere in between True Excalibur and True Night's Edge (I will explain in a second) so perhaps around 66-70.
Did I mention it was worthy of a hero? That's right! I propose the True Starfury to be crafted with 1x Broken Hero Sword and 1x Starfury.

I desperately want to express the matter of the Starfury. It's a sword every Terrarian loves, it's been around for a long time and it would be really cool to see more of the Starfury than just a novelty item. Also, I believe it would be really fitting to be added in 1.3 (because stars and lunar event etc).
Anyone find the Snowball Cannon to be a little underwhelming after a while? Those things outlive their usefulness rather quickly, I must say.
Want an excuse to not give it to your local Merchant? Here's that excuse!

The Frost Mortar!

This beauty is crafted using:
  • 1x Snowball Cannon
  • 1x Frost Core
  • 1x Illegal Gun Parts
Now for a few stats about this new weapon:
  • 38 Damage
  • 12 Use Time (Very Fast)
  • 3 Knockback (Weak Knockback)
  • Same Velocity as Snowball Cannon
  • 15% Chance to not consume ammo
  • Auto-fire: true
Now I hear you ask "The Snowball Cannon shoots snowballs, so what does this shoot?" Excellent question! And I have already thought up an answer!
The Permafrost Ball.
A rather simple recipe, utilising the fact that Ice Golems now drop Frost Cores when killed.
Info:
  • Made from Snowballs (100) and Ice Blocks (10) to create Permafrost Balls (100)
  • 14 Damage
  • 4.5 Velocity
  • Inflicts Frostburn Debuff for 4-10 seconds (75% chance)
  • Inflicts Chilled Debuff for 10 seconds (10% chance)
  • Consumable (can be thrown like a Snowball)
My reason for suggesting a combination of the Cross Necklace and Panic Necklace is simply because I find the Panic Necklace to be quite a handy accessory pre-hardmode, yet it's only crafting recipe is with the Honey Comb, a fairly useless item come hardmode.

Honestly I love tinker accessory combos and the more there are the more diverse classes there can be.

I propose that this new accessory would simply retain both the effects of the required items, simply rolled into one. Another possibility would be to add the Panic Necklace to the Star Veil to create a new accessory which would, again, retain all the abilities of the combined accessories.
This wonderful game is evolving all the time. With the recent additions to the Summoning item tree, I, and I'm sure many others, have noticed the large gaps at the very beginning of the game, and at the center of hardmode.
This may fulfill something or nothing at all, but I'm suggesting it nonetheless!

I propose an item that summons Skeletron's arms to fight for you!

I'll get to the proper stats in a second, but here's the proposed recipe:
  • Skeletron Hand
  • Bone (50)
  • Cobweb (40)
With this, I also propose that the Skeletron Hand grappling hook be moved into Locked Golden Chests as a loot item.

Without further ado, the stats!
  • Damage: 15
  • Knockback: 6
  • Mana cost: 10
  • Tooltip: Summons Skeletron's Hands to defend you.
  • Does not count towards the total minion count.
Now I can hear that you're all confused, so I'm going to explain it to you.
This is a temporary summon. The summon lasts for ONE minute, much akin to the Staff of the Frost Hydra. The arms will act just like Skeletron's, and attack enemies to defend you, the player.
They have a range about equal to that of the Inferno Potion, making them very close-ranged and defensive.

Thank you for reading these suggestions, any and all input is welcome.

Also, good to be on the new forums :D.

I completely agree with Panic+Cross Necklaces. Also because their "evolutions" use other two items that are similar, but don't have a combination for themselves: Honey Comb (that now combines with PN) + Star Cloak (that now combines with CN). Two items that spawn objects that hurt enemies. Combining these two makes perfectly sense. This should be a change in 1.3.

At least the devs could create an item that combines all four of them called, idk, "Honey Star Necklace"? Or "Sweet Panic Veil"? o_O idk someone give me a good name quick

Last edited:
My reason for suggesting a combination of the Cross Necklace and Panic Necklace is simply because I find the Panic Necklace to be quite a handy accessory pre-hardmode, yet it's only crafting recipe is with the Honey Comb, a fairly useless item come hardmode.

Honestly I love tinker accessory combos and the more there are the more diverse classes there can be.

I propose that this new accessory would simply retain both the effects of the required items, simply rolled into one. Another possibility would be to add the Panic Necklace to the Star Veil to create a new accessory which would, again, retain all the abilities of the combined accessories.

I completely agree with Panic+Cross Necklaces. Also because their "evolutions" use other two items that are similar, but don't have a combination for themselves: Honey Comb (that now combines with PN) + Star Cloak (that now combines with CN). Two items that spawn objects that hurt enemies. Combining these two makes perfectly sense. This should be a change in 1.3.

At least the devs could create an item that combines all four of them called, idk, "Honey Star Necklace"? Or "Sweet Panic Veil"? o_O idk someone give me a good name quick
If you're interested, I have a suggestion for this here.

Back
Top Bottom