Weapons & Equip Turning Lame Tooltips into Cool Tooltips

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you do you like this suggestion?

• 5 - Amazing!

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 4 - Great!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 3 - Good!

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 2 - Ok

• 1 - Bad.

• Total voters

Redstonetam15

Eater of Worlds
"It came from the edge of space" It sounds cool enough, but lets bake it better. "It came from the edge of SSSPPPAAAAACCCEEE!" Sounds better, right? The idea of the suggestion is to make better and funnier tool tips. Lets give it whirl.

Pufferfish Balloon

"Increases jump height"

"Its pretty spiny, its a wonder how you can jump so high with it"

Hermes Boots

"The wearer can run super fast"

"The wearer can run with the speed of Hermes"

Last edited:
meowmere!

It's not so much an issue of getting sued as people not getting the reference and being very confused. For example, someone who doesn't know about Cave Story would just assume the Robot Hat is, well, a robot hat. But someone who's never seen the ASDF Movies is going to be very, very confused why there is a Moon bear, and why it's named Desmond.

I as long as certain reference tooltips don't get change, I'm fine with this.

By the way, 'it came from the edge of space' is a reference, do I really don't recommend changing that.

I as long as certain reference tooltips don't get change, I'm fine with this.

By the way, 'it came from the edge of space' is a reference, do I really don't recommend changing that.
I thought it would be pretty funny, and the S.D.M.G is already a direct reference.

These tooltips are pretty much more informational then anything else, so why bother with idioms and similes and references and all that, rather then just telling the player straight-up what it does? Also, "It came from the edge of SPAAACCCEEEEE" is a bit overkill. It already has one reference in it already (And probably a gratitude thing as well, since Terraria was also referenced in said game), and two references in 7 words... No thanks, give another item the reference (Maybe the portal gun, since it comes from the exact game where the "SPAAAAACCEEEEE" meme[?] originated from), or have it belong to none at all.

So many things in the game are already references and innuendos, so I don't see why we need to turn ordinary items into them as well. Not every item needs to make some reference or "cool tooltip", but should actually relay information. Maybe for more unique items, but not something as Hermes boots and the like.

Offer constructive criticism or don't post at all, you've been informed of this many times
Please no. This is cringey. I agree some weapons need cooler tooltips but I would be ashamed if Terraria had a weapon with "SPAACCKVJALDKJFALSKDJFLKASDHVKJSC" in it. Also that tooltip is a reference to the game it came from so that wouldn't work either

Please no. This is cringey. I agree some weapons need cooler tooltips but I would be ashamed if Terraria had a weapon with "SPAACCKVJALDKJFALSKDJFLKASDHVKJSC" in it. Also that tooltip is a reference to the game it came from so that wouldn't work either
This was years ago. I am not the person I was when I was suggesting it.

I think this is pretty good! Only suggestion is:
-Keep orginal tooltip plus new tooltip on some that could be hard to understand

Back
Top Bottom