Blocks & Decoration Turret Constructs

Xemgoa

Plantera
Now, I know things like this has been suggested to death.

but I was hoping for something that was balanced, something you couldn't depend on alone to handle every obstacle in there and required a bit of prep work to make it function efficiently without being rather tedious.

I know what your are thinking... "We have dart traps! And Spike traps! and Lava!", and your right, they are effective as they are-- and likely they will still be as useful in the upcoming updates now that we have someone leading Terraria's development!

But concerning dart traps; they can only fire in two directions (depending on what angle you place them.)

I was hoping for something that could track targets (if poorly, or accurately with a few exceptions), required a munitions source to fire projectiles, and required a constant source of power. There isn't much I saw in the way of a "battery" in Terraria that could be used to power some of the more powerful furniture (teleporters, some traps, etc.)

Since the addition of the mechanic, I really saw this as a great opportunity for something similar to a turret were to be added. Since the theme of Terraria adheres to a magical fantasy realm of a forsaken land once inhabited by gods and the presence of some modernized goods are present (like the shotgun and some steampunk weaponry/apparel), I was hoping turrets would be added, with a disheveled, primitive appearance and behavior to its mechanisms.

I was thinking between ones that can shoot bullet munitions, arrow munitions, hurl small/large boulders, and a single magic projectile with a longer delay between each shot.

I really look forward to seeing a lot of content, function, features and the like added to Terraria, and I don't suggest this like I am an over entitled individual, but rather I can hope for something along the lines I'm looking for. The traps are nice but they don't try to lead their targets, require a munitions source and/or power source, and fire in more then one direction by themselves.

Take care,

~Xemgoa

Basically a Frost Hydra that has unlimited spawn time but limited everything else? Naw, and traps are literally the greatest thing to use to kill monsters, I wouldn't see the purpose with something you have to fuel to use... except for guns and bows obv.. If you want to control it, just get a cannon or bunny cannon to F em up, use minions and summoners to help you, even if it's just one summon with some melee class or what ever. This entire game is basically magic based and there is no need for a turret that can be substituted with anything else.
1.82/10, there are better things than that already in game.

Basically a Frost Hydra that has unlimited spawn time but limited everything else? Naw, and traps are literally the greatest thing to use to kill monsters, I wouldn't see the purpose with something you have to fuel to use... except for guns and bows obv.. If you want to control it, just get a cannon or bunny cannon to F em up, use minions and summoners to help you, even if it's just one summon with some melee class or what ever. This entire game is basically magic based and there is no need for a turret that can be substituted with anything else.
1.82/10, there are better things than that already in game.

Well, true. Those are some legitimate points but, I was hoping for something like the Frost Hydra, but weaker and not relied on so heavily while being effective with the proper placement and setup.

Think of it like the traps themselves, one alone won't be handy and it's only handy in a pinch. However, proper placement and prep work will make them shine beautifully.

I feel like you comment came off as a bit trollish and quick to judge, but I try to be lenient and optimistic. I was hoping you'd contribute something more constructive, rather then to just shoot it down.

But my point is I was hoping for a turret trap that had tracking abilities like the Hydra, but if it at least had had a slow rate of fire and slow projectiles, or it relied on being supplied a ammunition source. Over all it had to be connected to some wires and a proper setup in order to function, as well as be able to aim in all directions but be unable to shoot through blocks.

Something that can be handy in pre-hard and hardmode, without being overpowered to a point of doing all the word for the player.

Back
Top Bottom