tModLoader Turrets Mod [Work In Progress]

Is there any way to enable more than 1 of each turret? I'd really love this type of mod to defend my base, but I would like it to be more symmetrical. Even being able to have 2 of each turret at a time would be wonderful.

tested with the tf2 turret and it doesnt accept the endless ammo pouch for musket balls?
I think is unfair, but if more than 5 users wanna it I will add it.

Is there any way to enable more than 1 of each turret? I'd really love this type of mod to defend my base, but I would like it to be more symmetrical. Even being able to have 2 of each turret at a time would be wonderful.
Already then, working on!

Yes please, I love this mod. I came here to request that the 1 turret per type restriction be lifted. I think maybe if you wanted to limit how many can target bosses, that would be cool. But for base defense, it would be nice to have more than a few to protect against trash mobs. :)

Yes please, I love this mod. I came here to request that the 1 turret per type restriction be lifted. I think maybe if you wanted to limit how many can target bosses, that would be cool. But for base defense, it would be nice to have more than a few to protect against trash mobs. :)
I'm still trying make it works with a potion buff, but I need change everything so, it will take some time.

One important thing what is wissing in Terraria are turrets. I did not play your mod yet, don't have the time for it, but i will sometime. There are turrets in form of summons but for base defence there are not. I guess it is quite the balance issue the devs don't want to work on right now(dont have the time).
Edit: And balance is the most important thing. In a game where gathering resources for all kind of stuff is important. So needing ammo for turret is an awesome thing for example.

Last edited:
v1.2.6 - Major fixes & changes.

- "only one per type" spawn limit lifted.
- turrets can use ammo from a nearby chest.
- one turret introduced, Heat Laser Turret.

Can someone explain how to make the turret take ammo from the chest?
I tried putting it in 4 different types of chests on different distances from the turret but it seems to fire only if I have the ammo in the inventory.

Can someone explain how to make the turret take ammo from the chest?
I tried putting it in 4 different types of chests on different distances from the turret but it seems to fire only if I have the ammo in the inventory.
You need a closer distance like this:
distance.png

I figured it out, it doesn't work specifically with wooden repeater facing left. Works fine with fasing right, also musket turret works fine both ways (didn't get to other turrets in my playthrough)

I figured it out, it doesn't work specifically with wooden repeater facing left. Works fine with fasing right, also musket turret works fine both ways (didn't get to other turrets in my playthrough)
Thanks for feedback and report this, I will fix it in next version. (fixed)

Last edited:
Found another bug. During boss battles all turrets can randomly simultaneously break, first time it happened while I was fighting star scouter from thorium, second time during wall of flesh. Both times turrets were out of reach of the boss (couple of screens away, or even up on the surface in WoF case). Couldn't figure out what specifically causes it, I think first time it happened the boss was even already dead but I'm not certain.

Found another bug. During boss battles all turrets can randomly simultaneously break, first time it happened while I was fighting star scouter from thorium, second time during wall of flesh. Both times turrets were out of reach of the boss (couple of screens away, or even up on the surface in WoF case). Couldn't figure out what specifically causes it, I think first time it happened the boss was even already dead but I'm not certain.
That happened after some time or immediately?

Back
Top Bottom