tModLoader Turrets Mod [Work In Progress]

"Known bugs:
After placed, If you rejoin to world, turret's head will disappear"

That is solved by simply re-placing the turrent? no?

"Known bugs:
After placed, If you rejoin to world, turret's head will disappear"

That is solved by simply re-placing the turrent? no?

Yes, yes it is :) . simply break and replace the turrets every time you load your world, it's simple to do, just a little annoying to have to remember every time *chuckles softly*

Anybody else had a bug where the tf2 turret just 'clicks' and just aims at the enemy even though the chest is right behind it and filled with ammo? Or am i just doing something wrong?

same, just carry a full stack of musket balls at all times :rslime::redspin:

Well, yeah sure I can do that but doesn't that kill the purpose of it being a...turret? Also, I myself kind of like the 'use ammo on chests' feature of this mod, so I hope it gets fixed.

Though I really wish i didn't have to re-plant every turret whenever I open the world...

EDIT: at this rate all I'd use would be cannon turrets

Well, yeah sure I can do that but doesn't that kill the purpose of it being a...turret? Also, I myself kind of like the 'use ammo on chests' feature of this mod, so I hope it gets fixed.

Though I really wish i didn't have to re-plant every turret whenever I open the world...

EDIT: at this rate all I'd use would be cannon turrets

eh, fair point, but just get something like hero's mod for infinite musket balls

also that bug is annoying, thats why i use this mod for a Mini-sentry playstyle.
Get into trouble?
place that sucker down and watch as everyone trembles before you!

eh, fair point, but just get something like hero's mod for infinite musket balls

also that bug is annoying, thats why i use this mod for a Mini-sentry playstyle.
Get into trouble?
place that sucker down and watch as everyone trembles before you!

F:red:ck musketball-shooting turrets, for some reason my cannonball turrets spew out 2000 damage a shot now

Probably because of Levelled bringing up the stats, but now it accidentally kills bosses lol

I found a bug: sometimes you cant place sentries anywhere.
NP: i'm using terraria overhaul
Make sure you know if you have put all available turrets (max 10 turrets), in the next version I will add a buff that shows the number of active turrets with their respective names.
Anybody else had a bug where the tf2 turret just 'clicks' and just aims at the enemy even though the chest is right behind it and filled with ammo? Or am i just doing something wrong?
Make sure you have a distance as shown in the image, that is the maximum distance.
distance.png

for some reason my cannonball turrets spew out 2000 damage a shot now
How?

Regarding "turrets head will disappear" bug, I have not planned to find a feasible solution to the problem.
I will try to solve it, while I do it, I will update the mod to add other requests.
Thanks for reports and feedbacks made in this forum, have a nice day. ;)

Last edited:
v1.2.8.0 - New mechanics, minor fixes & major changes.

- Introduced a buff which can show any deployed or standby turret
- Spawn limit extended to 15 per world
- Major sprites changes
- Major recipes changes
- Turrets stats and buff effects changes
- 2 turrets introduced
· Flamethrower
· Rocket Launcher
- Engie's Wrench can use more type of ores for repair turrets
- Sentry, Musket & Repeater turrets can use more type of ammo
- Deployed turrets will appear after rejoin to world (only works in SP)

This mod is incredibly buggy in multiplayer. Turrets will randomly break, heads are floating, breaking and leaving fixes nothing. Turrets just won't shoot sometimes. Any chance we can get an overhaul for multiplayer? Thanks.

This mod is incredibly buggy in multiplayer. Turrets will randomly break, heads are floating, breaking and leaving fixes nothing. Turrets just won't shoot sometimes. Any chance we can get an overhaul for multiplayer? Thanks.
Sorry for reply late, you're right, deployed turrets behave really weird in MP, I will try to fix this.

thanks for report it! :)

HvySmym.png
uBLxE3G.png

"Buildin' a Sentry!"

I love this mod, im glad I found it. They are great at keeping unwanted enemies at bay and do a terrific job against bosses but I got some suggestions.
  • Some variants: Snowman Turret (Like a SAM of sorts), Stake Turret for the Vampires and like a concealed turret for like to hide when enemies draw too near to it. (Like those bulldog turrets of days past.)
  • The damage system can be changed to give the guns some perks against certain mobs. Tesla Turrets would do great against mechanical bosses and annihilate Martian Officers' Shields. Since most electrical weapons I've seen are usually the ace against energy shields.
    • h4yKwc0.png

Very cool, I had a very similar ideas and come to find someone already did most of them! Any chance we could get an actual source release instead of having to unpackage and reflect the code?

NM This one extracted fine (last one I did was locked)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom