Turtle or chlorophyte armor?

Which armor?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeIetron

Skeletron
I'm at the stage where I've just defeated prime, and am now mining chlorophyte. I see these armors and they're both amazing, but which one is MORE amazing? Turtle might be a bit harder to get, but it seems to be able to tank pretty well. And chlorophyte, that leaf though.

I assume you're going melee...

In my opinion the Chlorophyte Leaf isn't really worth it, if you're going for one complete set, Turtle Armor is superior.

However, Chlorophyte Mask + Turtle Shell + Hallowed Greaves gives crazy damage.

Turtle is a better tanking armor, while Chlorophyte has superior damage capabilities. So it depends on your play style.

However, Turtle is a necessary ingredident for Beetle armor, which is much better for offense with the scalemail.
Actually, it isn't. Chlorophyte still has a better base damage and crit boost. But beetle armor only gets the extra 30% bonus while sustaining combat, making chlorophyte better for mixing armors, but beetle better when using the whole set.

Regardless, beetle is a very good set, and if you have extra chlorophyte and the turtle shells, make it anyways.

If you beat prime with Titanium/Hallowed, I'd go for Turtle, only because it's a precursor to Beetle Armor. I wouldn't really wear the Turtle armor itself, and I'd stick with Titanium. Hallowed Armor is a fine alternative to Chlorophyte so you'd do decently with it.

If Adamantite, then I'd upgrade to Chlorophyte if you want better benefits. You can always craft turtle armor with any spare chloro bars you have. Turtle shells will come by as you look around the jungle for those ore.

Or you can always just get all of em. Unless rng decides to screw you apart, it should be all fine and dandy.

I know this post is quite irrelevant now, but I'd actually go for Chlorophyte Mask + Turtle Shell + Turtle Leggings, why? Because the Chlorophyte Mask has both higher defense and a greater melee increase than the Turtle Helmet, also, don't worry about set bonuses, as both the turtle set bonus and the leaf crystal are not very usefull when fighting something lile Plantera or other bosses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom