tModLoader Tutorial: [1] Getting started with tModLoader

I attempted to simply download the mod starter file using the skeleton mod generator. unzipped it and placed it into c:\Users\mas\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\. After that I tried to simply build + reload it and see if the default generated item works. I keep getting this error. There are no spaces in any naming when I generated the SkeletonMod. Is there something I am missing?
TroubleShooting.PNG

TroubleShooting1.PNG

[doublepost=1508621612,1508621423][/doublepost]I attempted to create the skeleton mod using the generator and made sure there were no spaces. Then I extracted it and placed it in mod sources. I ran it in Terraria before making any changes to make sure it worked and I keep getting this error. I am not sure whats causing it.
upload_2017-10-21_16-32-4.png

I attempted to simply download the mod starter file using the skeleton mod generator. unzipped it and placed it into c:\Users\mas\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\. After that I tried to simply build + reload it and see if the default generated item works. I keep getting this error. There are no spaces in any naming when I generated the SkeletonMod. Is there something I am missing?
View attachment 186429
View attachment 186430
[doublepost=1508621612,1508621423][/doublepost]I attempted to create the skeleton mod using the generator and made sure there were no spaces. Then I extracted it and placed it in mod sources. I ran it in Terraria before making any changes to make sure it worked and I keep getting this error. I am not sure whats causing it.
View attachment 186431
you probably have an extra layer of folders.

I dont code, so I dont know what you actually mean.
But I will later see if it works with that in the end
If you want to mod you might want to learn some coding. C# is the coding language being used in the .cs files. You can easily find coding tutorials online. If you just want to do something simple it should be easy enough to just copy and paste from the Terraria mod templates and adding your own custom sprites.

Items/ChairOfDoom
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.AutoStaticDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
What do I do if this happens when I try to reload the mod

I tried to make my own mod and I have 2 items called Tutorial Sword and BronzeKnife and whenever I build and reload the mod I get this error:
20171125142823_1.jpg

What do I do?

when I follow the tutorial then I get these errors

error CS1514: { expected

error CS1519: Invalid token '+' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

error CS1519: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

error CS1519: Invalid token '+' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

error CS1519: Invalid token '=' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

error CS1520: Method must have a return type

error CS1597: Semicolon after method or accessor block is not valid

error CS1022: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected

I tried to fix them on my own. I couldn't find the errors. Can you fix the skeleton generator or can you tell me how to fix these errors.

i'm lonely

@Dart Trap

In the future, please try to add more content to your posts that contribute to the Thread Topic. We don't permit random & off-topic messages to be posted in Threads. If you desire to chat rather than discuss a Forum Topic, your own profile is a better place to do that.

@Dart Trap

In the future, please try to add more content to your posts that contribute to the Thread Topic. We don't permit random & off-topic messages to be posted in Threads. If you desire to chat rather than discuss a Forum Topic, your own profile is a better place to do that.
What is a "PM"?
[doublepost=1516245028,1516244953][/doublepost]
Are you an artist?
Can you help me with the coding process of my mod and I will give credit to you in the mod browser.

What is a "PM"?

It' means "Private Message". Another term for them is conversations, which you can start with other members by clicking on the "Start a conversation" button under their profile image. You can also do this by clicking on the member's profile and the Start a Conversation button from there.

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to make a custom weapon and everytime it gives me this: c:\Users\Korisnik\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\SpappyWeaponsMod\Items\CobaltFiresword.cs(26,26) : error CS1513: } expected

This is the code I used:
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace SpappyWeaponsMod.Items
{
public class CobaltFiresword : ModItem
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("Cobalt Firesword");
Tooltip.SetDefault("Your enemies will combust upon striking them.");
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.damage = 49;
item.melee = true;
item.width = 4;
item.height = 9;
item.useTime = 20;
item.useAnimation = 20;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.knockBack = 5;
item.value = 10000;
item.rare = 4;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item20;
item.autoReuse = true;

}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.CobaltBar, 10);
recipe.AddIngerdient(ItemID.HellstoneBar, 6);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();

}
public override void OnHitNPC(Player player, NPC target, int damage, float knockBack, bool crit)
{
target.AddBuff(BuffID.OnFire, 5 * 60);
}
}
}

If you manage to fix this, then hats off to you, sir. :sigh:

I have been working on my mod, but when I actually use my mount it just summons Rudolph.
[
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace MythsAndMagic.Items
{
public class GoldCube : ModItem
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
Tooltip.SetDefault("Summon a mighty steed to battle...");
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.width = 20;
item.height = 30;
item.useTime = 20;
item.useAnimation = 20;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.value = 30000;
item.rare = 2;