tModLoader Tutorial: [2] Recipes

Thanks so much!
But how do you know what are the ItemIDs? I've managed to figured out most of them, but I need to know the ItemID for the Tinkerer's workshop and one second timer.
Whenever I search up "Terraria ItemIDs" or something of the sort, things like the wiki come up and give me some number not the word.

Also, if an item can be crafted from lead or iron, do I have to make 2 recipes? It just seems impractical if you can't. For example: lead or iron at mythril or orchalicum anvil = item. So I would need four crafting recipes to write that out so it is fully functional.

Last edited:
Thanks so much!
But how do you know what are the ItemIDs? I've managed to figured out most of them, but I need to know the ItemID for the Tinkerer's workshop and one second timer.
Whenever I search up "Terraria ItemIDs" or something of the sort, things like the wiki come up and give me some number not the word.

Also, if an item can be crafted from lead or iron, do I have to make 2 recipes? It just seems impractical if you can't. For example: lead or iron at mythril or orchalicum anvil = item. So I would need four crafting recipes to write that out so it is fully functional.
There's a page for ItemIDs on the tModLoader wiki. It also has pages for lots of other IDs.

As for the second question, I'd recommend taking a look at this, specifically the Recipe Group section. Final thing, the Mythril and Orichalcum Anvils are considered to be the same tile by the game: It just uses different sprites.

There's a page for ItemIDs on the tModLoader wiki. It also has pages for lots of other IDs.

As for the second question, I'd recommend taking a look at this, specifically the Recipe Group section. Final thing, the Mythril and Orichalcum Anvils are considered to be the same tile by the game: It just uses different sprites.
Thanks!
It says the ItemID for the Tinkerer's Workshop is TinkerersWorkshop, but what is the TileID for it? When I put TinkerersWorkshop in the TileID space, it says that TerrariaID.TileID doesn't contain a definintion for TinkerersWorkshop
Last thing: I don't know how to make bows and stuff, so is there any way to look at the terraria game files for the items? Or is there a page that helps with this thing?

Last edited:
Thanks!
It says the ItemID for the Tinkerer's Workshop is TinkerersWorkshop, but what is the TileID for it? When I put TinkerersWorkshop in the TileID space, it says that TerrariaID.TileID doesn't contain a definintion for TinkerersWorkshop
Last thing: I don't know how to make bows and stuff, so is there any way to look at the terraria game files for the items? Or is there a page that helps with this thing?
If you look of the right side of the ItemID page, there should be links to other IDs. The ID for the Tinkerer’s Workshop is TileID.TinkerersWorkbench.
As for bows, ExampleMod is a great place to look.

I've been looking everywhere for how to make a terraria hostile NPC with a guide that I can follow. Can anybody help me?
ExampleMod just shows you what to do without really explaining anything

How would I make it so it uses any iron bar I think it would be recipe.anyIronBar = true... I was right did not work any ideas?

What would it be if we want an item to be created at just the hardmode anvils?
You would put this as your tile code in the recipe:

recipe.AddTile(TileID.MythrilAnvil);

Don't put this as MythrilAnvils as it will come up with an error.
Hope this helps!

the ItemID space only holds vanilla items, for your own items you can use either mod.ItemType<MeowZium>() or mod.ItemType("MeowZium")
it takes the class name as argument.
This hasn't worked for me, ever.
I use this:
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "ItemName", 1)

ItemName can be changed, so can the value '1'

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 165
Quick question, how would you use either Gold OR Platinum in a recipe? I'm trying to make an enchanted armor set based off the enchanted sword but can't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom