Votes: 2 50.0%
  • This information could be speculated.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings terrarians, I have made a discovery in the tutorial world in console version of terraria!

One small thing I noticed is the name of the character you start with will most likely be "Emeline". I have done several studies on this.

Another small detail in the tutorial world is that there is a small dungeon like structure under the desert and has two locked golden chests in it.

One major discovery is that there is large masses of land outside of the tutorial world area! And this is why I started this thread.
*I cannot post screenshots of these large areas of land, but I can atleast describe the features of them. Go find them for yourself if you need to.

The outer regions of the tutorial world are not bound by the rules of the floating island you spawn on. Being this way, if you fall down into a steep cave, you'll die. You will not remain invulnerable when you are on the tutorial island. You will have to survive the monsters that attack you.

Other things is that this uncharted land is not touched by the developers. There could be heart crystals, random chests through this area, and traps of many sorts...

I am still doing research about these land masses surrounding the tutorial world, but here is one thing you can do to get there:
*You will need more than 700 blocks to get to the eastern land. Must be at the edge of the tutorial island aswell.

There is a pink dungeon with the Old Man npc, allowing the player to summon skeletron, I have not found any waterbolts yet however. And I have not tested this but it is believed summoning a boss and defeating it in the tutorial will freeze and crash your game. Just a theory spread about forums.

I will post any more findings later in this thread when I get to these outer regions again.

Last edited:
Such high altitude in the dungeon the guardians don't come for a few minutes. Since the dungeon is atop of a giant sand mountain, there is an actual ocean, and the world was made pre-1.2 which most of you probably knew.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429398141][/DOUBLEPOST]It is actually very small so not many things to find out. So I am going to get about 900 dirt and explore the west side of the map. There is bound to be something on that side.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429398364][/DOUBLEPOST]Spectulation: If there is a demon alter somewhere on the world I may be able to craft a summoner for the Eye of Cthulhu.

There appeared to be corruption aswell as corrupted walls right in a small empty dirt area under that bunch trees at spawn. Wow. They forgot things even at spawn.

And all I was doing was getting dirt for the bridge on the other side of the world
[DOUBLEPOST=1429400331][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoa, so much corruption walls and a bunch of natural chests. Wow. At the right side of spawn, dig under the huge row of trees you first find, keep going down and you will probably find a small area of corruption. And go about 20 blocks right and straight down, more corruption and natural chests. Crazy and cool.

The counter says I have mined more than 1000 blocks of sand... and still nothing. Yeesh
[DOUBLEPOST=1429401899][/DOUBLEPOST]Holy crap I actually found something. I found the cavern layer. Stone, dirt, lava, and probably chests and stuff. Wow. Just hope I don't die, cause past the tutorial island, you can really die...

I found underground jungle! Wow. Turns out the rest of the tutorial is all secret and normal.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429402213][/DOUBLEPOST]I want to explore but man eaters everywhere.. Down more it is!
[DOUBLEPOST=1429402367][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I'm done here. You guys go explore for yourselves!

I explored the tutorial world almost fully. There is only one demon altar, and its on the main island. at that place in the west right where the jungle starts, and there is a circle shaped hole with a tree growing out of it, dig straight down. you can never get meteors, the goblins, or pirates. the eastern dungeon has lots of loot. I forget if there is a water bolt or not but there is a magic missile and a shield. the quickest way to get underground is to mine a bunch of sand and drop two vertical lines of it off the bottom of your island with two blocks in between them for you to fit into, then use rope and buckets to get the water out. there are no sky islands. its possible to create a corruption biome on your island, just to the right of spawn underground is a few tiles of corrupt grass, dig a hole to let it out and make a big vile mushroom farm. use the demon altar to fight eye of cthulu for corrupt seeds to speed it up, and eventually you can fight eater of worlds for nightmare gear. straight below the center of the map under the ocean is a mushroom cave, so you can make shine and healing potions. if you make a bridge across the ocean to the east, you can kite skeletron to the center and kill him to gain access to the dungeon. once skeletron is dead voodoo demons will start spawning in the underworld so you can kill wall of flesh. find a handgun in the dungeon to get the arms dealer and the minishark. once you enter hard mode, you can fight the hard mode bosses by getting summon items as random drops from enemies. since there is only one demon altar in the world, you can never get a mythril anvil, so you can not make any hard mode weapons or armor. what you can do is find mimics and get their weapon drops. the best armor you can get is frost armor. I mined up the whole snow biome and made a big bridge stretching east, about 15 blocks thick I think, just enough to make it a snow biome, then waited for a blizzard for golems to get the armor. my final setup was frost armor with a magic dagger and 5 hearts. killed skeletron, twins, and destroyer, and then I got bored waiting for a plantera bulb to spawn, so I quit. it was a lot of fun, I recommend it to anyone who likes a challenge!
[DOUBLEPOST=1429682798,1429682604][/DOUBLEPOST]forgot to say I never found a single heart crystal anywhere in the world, and I explored a lot. also there are 2 weird slanting lines of dirt in the underworld

I explored the tutorial world almost fully. There is only one demon altar, and its on the main island. at that place in the west right where the jungle starts, and there is a circle shaped hole with a tree growing out of it, dig straight down. you can never get meteors, the goblins, or pirates. the eastern dungeon has lots of loot. I forget if there is a water bolt or not but there is a magic missile and a shield. the quickest way to get underground is to mine a bunch of sand and drop two vertical lines of it off the bottom of your island with two blocks in between them for you to fit into, then use rope and buckets to get the water out. there are no sky islands. its possible to create a corruption biome on your island, just to the right of spawn underground is a few tiles of corrupt grass, dig a hole to let it out and make a big vile mushroom farm. use the demon altar to fight eye of cthulu for corrupt seeds to speed it up, and eventually you can fight eater of worlds for nightmare gear. straight below the center of the map under the ocean is a mushroom cave, so you can make shine and healing potions. if you make a bridge across the ocean to the east, you can kite skeletron to the center and kill him to gain access to the dungeon. once skeletron is dead voodoo demons will start spawning in the underworld so you can kill wall of flesh. find a handgun in the dungeon to get the arms dealer and the minishark. once you enter hard mode, you can fight the hard mode bosses by getting summon items as random drops from enemies. since there is only one demon altar in the world, you can never get a mythril anvil, so you can not make any hard mode weapons or armor. what you can do is find mimics and get their weapon drops. the best armor you can get is frost armor. I mined up the whole snow biome and made a big bridge stretching east, about 15 blocks thick I think, just enough to make it a snow biome, then waited for a blizzard for golems to get the armor. my final setup was frost armor with a magic dagger and 5 hearts. killed skeletron, twins, and destroyer, and then I got bored waiting for a plantera bulb to spawn, so I quit. it was a lot of fun, I recommend it to anyone who likes a challenge!
[DOUBLEPOST=1429682798,1429682604][/DOUBLEPOST]forgot to say I never found a single heart crystal anywhere in the world, and I explored a lot. also there are 2 weird slanting lines of dirt in the underworld

I say, you did a lot more exploring than I did good sir. And I would not believe how much you actually did explore. Thanks for this info and thanks for surviving through the tutorial world, to tell us. Anyway, it's interesting that that can even happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom