Texture Pack Tux's Tuxtures (Brighter Skies, Empress face fix, Man Eaters & more)

Tuxflop

Terrarian
This is a collection of small texture packs I've created to correct little oddities & issues I have with some of the game's graphics, as well as fun things that I think make the game look nicer.
I've got three so far. Starting with...

banner 3a.png

This pack, similar to Lunatic Lobbyist's Better Ambience, changes the game's backgrounds. This pack makes the clouds, skies and seas (in ocean backgrounds) more pale. I feel that it gives the game more of a realistic, yet medieval/fantasy tone, while also putting more emphasis on the terrain rather than the sky.
Also on the Steam Workshop

brighter skies demo.jpg
20201018154504_1.jpg
1.1 - October 21, 2020
- Changed the name of the pack from "Tweaked Skies" to "Brighter Skies" to describe its effect better
- Background_112 and Background_113 now have colors consistent with other clouds

1.2 - January 30, 2021
- Brightened the fog in Background_176

1.3 - March 18, 2022
- Decreased saturation of all clouds
- Added the Don't Starve easter egg clouds

banner 4.png

A simple texture pack that recolors all trees in the Forest biome to be orange. It also recolors saplings, and some of the Forest backgrounds too. Might've been done before, but who knows.
HOWEVER, there is one slight issue: All trees will be orange even if you've painted them. Special paints, black, gray and white paints, and all deep paints will still work. If you disable the texture pack, your painted trees will return to what you painted them.

This pack must be loaded ABOVE Autumn Grass in the resource pack menu!

1.1 - May 11th, 2022
- Fixed background_53, 54 and 55 having their sprites cut off at the top. Strangely, this is an issue with the vanilla sprites too.
- Fixed all Forest tree stray leaf colors in Gore_910.

1.2 - May 15th, 2022
- Added the option for multicolor trees
- Fixed deep paint stray leaf colors
default.png
multicolor.png
orange.png
trees.png

grass banner.jpg

A texture pack that colors all Forest plants to an olive color. It's meant as an add-on for Autumn Trees, but it will work fine on its own. If Autumn Trees is not enabled, the trees will become olive colored as well.

This pack must be loaded UNDER Autumn Trees in the resource pack menu!

20220511110512_1.jpg
20220511110622_1.jpg

banner 2a.png

This changes the Empress of Light's sprite, to make her nose smaller, because everyone (including me) couldn't unsee her <: face.
1.1 - March 29, 2021
- Changed name of pack from "Empress Face Revamp" to "Empress Face Fix"

1.2 - March 30, 2021
- Added gore sprites
empress demo.png

empress demo 2.png
banner 1.jpg

This changes the Man Eater's texture to look like the Dragon Snatcher from some of Terraria's older versions on consoles. I thought it was weird how Snatchers were just a recolor of Man Eaters, so I decided to make this to both give them a difference and to make the more powerful Man Eater look properly menacing in comparison.

Do know that this pack will conflict with any other resource pack that changes the appearance of any banners, due to the Man Eater's banner being reskinned in this pack.

1.1 - March 16, 2022
- Added banner sprites
- Added gore sprites
man eater demo.png

I hope you guys enjoy these if you decide to use them. Please let me know if there's any issues! And there may be more in the future.

Attachments

• 20210129132102_1.jpg
    20210129132102_1.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 7,212
  • Empress Face Fix 1.2.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 693
  • Dragon Eaters 1.1.zip
    164.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Brighter Skies 1.3.zip
    415.7 KB · Views: 645
  • 20220511110512_1.jpg
    20220511110512_1.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 20220511110622_1.jpg
    20220511110622_1.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Autumn Grass 1.0.zip
    985.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Autumn Trees 1.1.zip
    835.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220511113818_1grass.jpg
    20220511113818_1grass.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 275
  • 20220511113818_1grass.jpg
    20220511113818_1grass.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 313
  • Autumn Trees 1.2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Tweaked Skies 1.1 (now Brighter Skies) is out now, fixing a couple backgrounds to have consistent colors with the rest of the clouds.
New thread name, also, because I just could not resist calling it "Tux's Tuxtures" after I remembered that was my intention to begin with. :p

Just wondering, will your tweaked skies work with better ambience or is a one or the other option kinda thing? also i love the change for man eaters (I actually made myself a change for wyverns to look like the arch dragon because its a bit more wyvern like for me then giant floating long dogs)

Better Ambience and Brighter Skies both modify the same textures, so they don't exactly work together. Brighter Skies does not modify the water textures, though, so that part of Better Ambience will work regardless of what you do.

I like these quite a lot! Brighter Skies makes the world of Terraria feel quite a bit more whimsical. The Empress Face Fix is a much needed fix, because I really couldn't unsee the :> face. The Dragon Eaters are also pretty nice; I hate recolored enemies, so having it combined with a reference to the legacy console versions is really nice.
All in all, a very nice compilation of fixes!

I like the ideas of Brighter Skies and Man Eaters, but not necessary the Empress's face tweak.
I personally don't care about the fact that the < on her face is a nose, I always view it as a smile, so (if I can cuz I can't) I'll add the nose AND keep the smile, that's will make me feel a bit more comfortable. I'm not saying that I hate that tweak, just giving an idea of how I might not use it for my texture pack collection.

Very nice, definitely will be using the Dragon Eater and Bright Skies fixes. Do you currently have any plans for replacing the Man Eater Banner with a Dragon Eater banner, or are you only interested in changes to the mob itself?

Last edited:
Very nice, definitely will be using the Dragon Eater and Bright Skies fixes. Do you currently have any plans for replacing the Man Eater Banner with a Dragon Eater banner, or are you only interested in changes to the mob itself?
That's a good idea. I'll see if I can make that change, it shouldn't be hard.

Wow, I love the look of this texture pack, but I have a small question, the other zips from the plus changes after the first post of the texture packs, they must be put into the own texture pack folder or just on the terraria resourcepack folder?
Sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but it's my first day in the community 😅

Wow, I love the look of this texture pack, but I have a small question, the other zips from the plus changes after the first post of the texture packs, they must be put into the own texture pack folder or just on the terraria resourcepack folder?
Sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but it's my first day in the community 😅
All four of the ZIP files can go into the ResourcePacks folder and they'll work together.

Dragon Eaters update 1.1 is out. The pack now has textures for the Man Eater's banner and gore. I'm going to give the rest of these packs some attention in the near future.

Brighter Skies 1.3 is out now. I've updated it to include the new easter egg clouds from the Don't Starve update, and all clouds are now less blueish in color.

Autumn Trees has been updated to 1.1, with a couple minor fixes. Autumn Grass is now available as an add-on to Autumn Trees, or usable on its own.

Back
Top Bottom