Twelve Years of Terraria!

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
store_capsule_main-Silver.png

TWELVE YEARS
That’s a long time, folks - no matter how you slice it!

So much has happened - good, bad, and ugly - but throughout it all, we had Terraria to enjoy and to bring us all together. Heck, if Terraria were a child, it would be entering sixth or seventh grade this fall. That is crazy and makes us feel old. No time like the present to reflect back on those twelve years…

(yes we know some of these aren’t exactly 12 years old yet, don’t ruin our fun)

Twelve years of fun. Twelve years of friends.

Twelve years of the Guide letting the zombies inside.

Twelve years of knocking Pinky through the sky.

Twelve years of the Dungeon Guardian exploding players that delved too deep.

Twelve years of one of the most recognizable and iconic main themes of all time.

Twelve years of Giant Worms scritching and scratching in the background.

Twelve years of the Copper Shortsword being the undisputed king of weapons.

Twelve years of sand being overpowered.

Twelve years since Skeletron was the final boss (wow)

Twelve years of digging, fighting, and building.

Twelve years of being supported by the most amazing community in all of gaming.

Twelve years of Terraria.

Words cannot properly express how fantastic a journey this has been thus far nor how much we appreciate each of you for making it possible. We sincerely hope that 1.4.5 helps to continue that tradition, and we really cannot wait to travel the road ahead for Re-Logic and Terraria with everyone!

Happy Twelfth Anniversary, Terraria!!!

Terraria has just been that really awesome game that I keep coming back to and it's always good for some lighthearted fun, such a simple concept but yet the game provides so much fun for such a small price point, that it's always just been amazing.

I've dumped lots of hours into the game (not as much as some people, but still a lot for me), and I recommend it to others often.

I still remember close to around when Terraria just released. It has an amazing impact as a game. To this day, it has continued to evolve and go from amazing to spectacular. It'll be a game I always come back to. Anytime I need a new world to explore and feel like unleashing my adventurous & creative spirit within.

Happy 12 years to Terraria!

It's really been 12 years, huh?
The time between 1.3.4 and 1.4 feels like a blur when I think about the game, it's insane to think stuff like the Lunar Events were here for more than half the game's lifespan.

I remember back when Mobile was only updated to 1.1, making towns out of basic wood structures, accidentally dying to summoning the EoC, the lost worlds I had on my old Windows XP computer, of a town eviscerated by the Goblin Army when I forgot to pause, the files for the newer town and artificial mushroom biome getting corrupted, all will likely never come up again.

At least I managed to nearly beta it all on both Normal and Expert before 1.4 came out.

It’s cool to think I’ve been around for nine out of the twelve years this game has existed. I still remember all sorts of things, like the first time I found the crimson, dragon snatchers and dragon hornets causing me pain, dying to the dungeon guardian, finding out that the Wii U wasn’t getting 1.3, and digging a long horizontal tunnel just because I felt like it. Good times.

Picked this game up on the 16th of May 2011. Words wouldn't describe how much this game has impacted my life ever since. Happy birthday Terraria! <3

TWELVE. YEARS.
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR 12. YEARS.
WOOOOOOOO!
This game is so fun can't wait till 15 year anniversary!
confetti-sticker.gif

Hap day teraria!

Last edited:
Awe heck yeah!! 12 years? That is very fine :) My wife and I have played lots of it too, even starting up a new modded (Calamity/Thorium) game just a few days ago! 1860+ hours.... and I STILL haven't beaten the game yet >< hahahahaha! Soooo much fun! And thanks for making it easy (enough?) for the modding community to add their own flavors!!! Its really added a great deal to the game!

Here's to another few more decades!!

As I go on and play other games, the Player-base find ways to keep me back. I'm grateful for it and being able to socialize with it! Here's to the next one. `:D

Back
Top Bottom