Map-Parkour Twins Parkour Map

Team Hydrium

Official Terrarian
Hello Terraria Community!

My friends and I have always loved doing parkour maps and adventure maps, but lately the community hasn't been putting out many maps that support multiplayer. There are some amazing maps out there, which inspired us to form a team called The Hydrium Team. Our goal is to make fun and unique puzzle, parkour, and adventure maps. Our very first map is a parkour map themed around The Twins, one of Terraria's three mechanical bosses. The map isn't too difficult for more experienced players, and is fairly short. The map supports up to 4 players worth of items, and should work fine as long as all players stay together. The map works singleplayer, too. Feedback is highly appreciated, and if you find any errors be sure to let us know. Have fun jumping!
> Vega, Castor, & Sirius

Edits
  • Flame trap area is more clear
  • Added a missing pressure plate
  • Added a screenshot for tease
  • Added spoilers for a cleaner look
  • Combined picture and download
Click the picture below to download, or use the file below the picture! Twins Parkour.png

Attachments

• Twins_Parkour.wld
    195.9 KB · Views: 2,432
Last edited:
It is really cool so far, but I have one issue. Maybe you could help?

I did finish Retinazer, but I am having some trouble with Spazmatism. The flame traps, in particular. I noticed a couple are different from the others, but I can't seem to figure out how it works.

It is really cool so far, but I have one issue. Maybe you could help?

I did finish Retinazer, but I am having some trouble with Spazmatism. The flame traps, in particular. I noticed a couple are different from the others, but I can't seem to figure out how it works.
You have to jump on the white painted pressure plates, they might be hard to see in the lighting so we will fix them at some point.

Okay, I will try it again. It's hard, mostly because of that Flesh block thing right above the first jump.

Last edited:
Okay, I finished! Really cool once I got the hang of it! Anyway, there is no Rocket Launcher in the chest, so I wasn't able to blow up the map.

*Cries*

Did a quick run through of this as always I'm up for parkour maps.
Probably on the same page of wanting more lightning, been awhile since I've played so spent a few minutes working out what is and isn't ground amongst the new tiles, got easier to see when the map switched to daytime but by then I'd found my footing.

Man that stand still regeneration item is OP, I got damaged on purpose a few times just to produce light so I could see XD.
I might have to start playing the main game again to get me one of those!
Managed to jump over the flame jets in one double jump and skip all the buttons. That roof on the first jump though is a tight one!

Slipping in and out of low gravity was kinda cool too!

Came back to try alternate route to the jump in the image <.<
Untitled.jpg

Noticed the green bed at the end area can be grabbed through the wall from the red zone, meaning someone could skip doing half the map in theory.

I've never used the rocket launcher before, so satisfying hearing the squelches of those flesh walls haha!

Thanks for making the map!

I did it with a friend, and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for making it, and I look forward to more.

The only part we had any real trouble with was the flame trap part. We couldn't seem to get past the first jump, so, after probably ten minutes of trying, we took out the first pressure plate with a pickaxe. Aside from that we were able to get through without cheating. The end of the Retinazer part was really fun, we both enjoyed laughing at the other repeatedly failing. My favorite part though was the end. I thoroughly enjoyed destroying the parts of the map where I kept on dying. All in all the map was a good length and we'll made.

The flame traps are possible, but hard. For some reason, I could not get past them until I could, then I did it reliably each time.

Did a quick run through of this as always I'm up for parkour maps.
Probably on the same page of wanting more lightning, been awhile since I've played so spent a few minutes working out what is and isn't ground amongst the new tiles, got easier to see when the map switched to daytime but by then I'd found my footing.

Man that stand still regeneration item is OP, I got damaged on purpose a few times just to produce light so I could see XD.
I might have to start playing the main game again to get me one of those!
Managed to jump over the flame jets in one double jump and skip all the buttons. That roof on the first jump though is a tight one!

Slipping in and out of low gravity was kinda cool too!

Came back to try alternate route to the jump in the image <.<
View attachment 176245

Noticed the green bed at the end area can be grabbed through the wall from the red zone, meaning someone could skip doing half the map in theory.

I've never used the rocket launcher before, so satisfying hearing the squelches of those flesh walls haha!

Thanks for making the map!
Thank you for all the feedback! We hope you enjoyed!
[doublepost=1500312350,1500312251][/doublepost]
The flame traps are possible, but hard. For some reason, I could not get past them until I could, then I did it reliably each time.
Yea, we added that part because we didn't want the map to be too easy. Definitely the hardest part of the map!
[doublepost=1500312394][/doublepost]
I did it with a friend, and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for making it, and I look forward to more.

The only part we had any real trouble with was the flame trap part. We couldn't seem to get past the first jump, so, after probably ten minutes of trying, we took out the first pressure plate with a pickaxe. Aside from that we were able to get through without cheating. The end of the Retinazer part was really fun, we both enjoyed laughing at the other repeatedly failing. My favorite part though was the end. I thoroughly enjoyed destroying the parts of the map where I kept on dying. All in all the map was a good length and we'll made.
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Hey, Just finished this parkour map. Reeeeaaally enjoyed it. I do hope you and your team make many more of these maps because they are very fun and challenging to play! ;)

Hey, Just finished this parkour map. Reeeeaaally enjoyed it. I do hope you and your team make many more of these maps because they are very fun and challenging to play! ;)
Wow thanks so much! After this map, we started on another, but then summer ended and we've all been so busy. I personally am interested in making more maps, so expect some things coming in the future if you enjoyed our map! Thanks for playing!

Played your map, and it was great! A fun challenge that left me wanting more. I really liked the integration of the shiny stone, since it speeded up the process of healing that we were all gonna do anyway. My one gripe is that sometimes it's a little difficult to see what you're trying to avoid. Other than that, a great experience.
The best ending to ANY map I've played has now officially changed to accidentally killing myself while blowing up flame traps.

Played your map, and it was great! A fun challenge that left me wanting more. I really liked the integration of the shiny stone, since it speeded up the process of healing that we were all gonna do anyway. My one gripe is that sometimes it's a little difficult to see what you're trying to avoid. Other than that, a great experience.
The best ending to ANY map I've played has now officially changed to accidentally killing myself while blowing up flame traps.
Thanks for your feedback! We'll try to keep your tip about the lighting in mind if we make another map.

Back
Top Bottom