PS4 Two part question

Chuggs Gaming

Duke Fishron
Hey yall. First question. On ps4, Is there a way to hide the text that appears underneath target dummies identifying them as a target dummy? I've seen plenty of videos where target dummies were visible but this text was not there.

It's a little ocd aesthetic thing of mine to not have that text visible, especially when there are quite a few of them lined up side-by-side and the text is all overlapping.

Second question. I'm not home right now but I was wondering if target dummy hoik engines still work. I haven't built one in a while but I saw somewhere that it may have been patched. The specific engine I'm referring to is where the dummy is teleported into a box and hoiks side to side between a few blocks, one sloped on either side with a pressure plate.

Thanks!

Hey yall. First question. On ps4, Is there a way to hide the text that appears underneath target dummies identifying them as a target dummy? I've seen plenty of videos where target dummies were visible but this text was not there.

It's a little ocd aesthetic thing of mine to not have that text visible, especially when there are quite a few of them lined up side-by-side and the text is all overlapping.

Second question. I'm not home right now but I was wondering if target dummy hoik engines still work. I haven't built one in a while but I saw somewhere that it may have been patched. The specific engine I'm referring to is where the dummy is teleported into a box and hoiks side to side between a few blocks, one sloped on either side with a pressure plate.

Thanks!
I don’t think the labels under the dummies can be removed. Not sure about the dummy hoik engine. It’s not out of the ordinary for console hoiks to react a bit differently than PC hoiks, so it may be something you’ll have to test out and see.

I don’t think the labels under the dummies can be removed. Not sure about the dummy hoik engine. It’s not out of the ordinary for console hoiks to react a bit differently than PC hoiks, so it may be something you’ll have to test out and see.
I don't know of a way of removing those labels either (except for staying far enough away). As for hoiks, they should work the same on console as on pc now. It was a few updates ago since I last used them though. If they don't work as expected now, that would be a bug.

I don't know of a way of removing those labels either (except for staying far enough away). As for hoiks, they should work the same on console as on pc now. It was a few updates ago since I last used them though. If they don't work as expected now, that would be a bug.

I just have to point out the humor in saying that the hoik not working right would be a bug since, iirc, the hoik itself is a bug that the devs left in the game 😀 "the bug has a bug"

Edit typo

I just have to point out the humor in saying that the hoik not working right would be a bug since, iirc, the hoik itself is a bug that the devs left in the game 😀 "the bug has a bug"

Edit typo
It's kinda funny alright. :D But then again ReLogic likes hoiks and tries their best to preserve them. When Pipeworks ported 1.3 to console, they had to go to great lengths to analyze how hoiks works and then replicate it on console. So it's a feature now.

Ergo it's not a bug anymore.

Back
Top Bottom