UI and Pixel Rescaling

Catonastick

Terrarian
So, I searched around a bit, but couldn't find what exactly it's called, but when my game is zoomed to anything that's not a multiple of 50, all the pixels are different sizes. This also happens in the UI no matter what the zoom is when I'm running the game in fullscreen or at 1920x1080. I attached a screenshot where you can see the pixels are different sizes (green arrows).
Also, when I launched TModLoader, I found that the UI on the main menu was a slightly different size, which did *not* mess with the scale of the pixels. (Screenshot of the 1.4 menu UI)
As I said, I searched around a bit, tried switching graphics settings with my CPU and GPU, but I couldn't seem to fix it. I'd really appreciate if anyone has any insight on the matter. I know it's not much, but it bothers me.
105600_20200814164902_1_LI.jpg
105600_20200814165722_1_LI (2).jpg

This is my first post here, so sorry if my the format was bad.

I don't know.
But it looks kinda THICC
No, really, it's kinda strange that. Try a different resolution or get used to.

That happens because the game area is scaled using nearest-neighbor interpolation, so when scaling up pixels right next to each other are copied with no change to their color. That works great for pixel art, but it has the side effect of the exact visual quirk you're describing unless the scale factor is an integer. So the reason it looks fine at multiples of 50% is because that's where the pixels can all be scaled evenly.

Back
Top Bottom