Linux [RESOLVED] UI scaling and cursor positioning issue after switching virtual desktops

Sumairu

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This issue seems to have been resolved in version 1.4.2.2 of the game, or a minor update of GNOME (tested with 40.0), or a combination of both.

I'm running ArchLinux (with kernel 5.11.9) with GNOME Wayland as the DE. I have the game on fullscreen on a 4k monitor set to 200% UI scaling (both in GNOME's settings, and Terraria's). Initially all the screen is reachable with the cursor, but after using the Meta/Super/Windows key to open the GNOME overview mode (the one showing different windows and virtual desktops), switching to a different virtual desktop and back, a part at the bottom of the screen is no longer reachable with the cursor. This is barely above the Settings menu button at the lower right of the screen (exiting the game while saving is only possible through dying, because you can then call up the menu with ESC during the respawn period). This seems to be about the height of the GNOME top bar plus the title bar of the window (120px) when not in fullscreen (see screenshots). After switching to a different virtual desktop and back the UI also seems stretched vertically (compare normal and bugged screenshots). This is 100% reproducible on my machine.

This may or may not be related, but when moving the fullscreen window from my right screen to my left screen (the right one being marked as the primary monitor), the cursor is apparently restricted to the primary monitor still, and nothing in the window is reachable with it (the cursor never appears). Moving the window back to the primary monitor leaves you with only the issue described above again.

With the exception of this bug Terraria is running great for me on Linux. Previous performance issues have already been fixed which is neat. If this issue could be fixed too, that'd be great ^^
If I can supply some more information about my setup, some logs, or can otherwise help to resolve this issue, feel free to message me.

(I had initially posted this as a comment on this thread which at first seemed similar to me, but after thinking it over again, I thought it was different enough to warrant it's own thread)

Attachments

• titlescreen-windowed.png
    titlescreen-windowed.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • in-game-normal.png
    in-game-normal.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • in-game-bugged.png
    in-game-bugged.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Back