Standalone Ulterraria: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applications are closed until further notice.

Application to join the Ulterraria Team!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Terraria Name:
What job do you want?:
Rate your skills on the job you chose:
Are you an active user?:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I'm so happy that people are moving to standalone, means we can all start making without waiting! Very excited for this! :D

- and I would love to join but I don't really think I have enough skill lol

Eh, I can give it a try, right?

Your Terraria Name: Alucard
What job do you want?: Idea generator/Item spriter
Rate your skills on the job you chose: Out of what? 10? 100? Let's say X out of 100. Then it'll be 86/100 and 63/100
Are you an active user?: 50:50

I will join Alucard I suppose:

Your Terraria Name: TheGamingBoffin
What job do you want?: Welp, codey stuff I suppose
Rate your skills on the job you chose: presuming out of 100, maybe 70/100?
Are you an active user?: I would say so yeah

Last edited:
So, what's our plan? Do we have a certain route in which we move 'our' project, or are we free to create whatever we want as long as it makes sense? Because I'd like to create some stuff that allows a player total control over his world as long as s/he is eager to do all the steps required to get that item/relic.

This mod is mainly going to be focusing on tiered items.
But does certainly need some non-directly tiered items. And as for the mod work itself, take your time. I want quality, not quantity. ;)

Spoiler alert guys.
Blood Rend
Blood's Edge.png

and of course...

True Blood Rend
True Blood's Edge.png
Ichor Beam.png

Nice to see this is going standalone! I am quite excited. I wish I had the confidence to move mine over, but alas, it is not so.

I wish all of you the best est of luck and joy!

Hey guys.. we were wondering... should we add all of this for summoners?

Yes, this is still in progress.
Also, thanks to Vikri for the sprites. I plan on adding them in!
Copper wrench.png
Copper arrowbot.png

Iron wrench.png
Iron sawbot.png

Silver wrench.png
Silver gunbot.png

Gold wrench.png
Gold pulsebot.png

Cobalt_wrench.png
Cobalt_Helicopter.png

Palladium Wrench.png
Palladium Helicopter.png

Mythril Wrench.png
Mythril Helicopter.png

Orichalcum Wrench.png
Orichalcum Helicopter.png

Adamantite wrench.png
Adamantite Rocket Turret.png

Titanium wrench.png
Titanium Beam turret.png

Attachments

• Mythril Helicopter.png
    Mythril Helicopter.png
    438 bytes · Views: 603
  • Mythril Wrench.png
    Mythril Wrench.png
    408 bytes · Views: 545
  • Gold pulsebot.png
    Gold pulsebot.png
    569 bytes · Views: 515
  • Gold wrench.png
    Gold wrench.png
    374 bytes · Views: 554
  • Adamantite wrench.png
    Adamantite wrench.png
    372 bytes · Views: 610
  • Adamantite Rocket Turret.png
    Adamantite Rocket Turret.png
    479 bytes · Views: 582
Oh, the low-tier summons look the same. I think we should resprite them and make them different in attack styles. There are currently what 4, I think, attack styles: touching a mob while walking on a wall, touching a mob while jumping around or flying, shooting something at him from the ground, shooting something at him from the air. I think we should change it to that, so new players would decide what they prefer more.

I also said to scrap Cobalt/Orichalcum tiers, so the summoning staves wouldn't be SO COMMON. That's kind of unbalanced. You see, it's like having an adamantite pickaxe. It's better than mythril one, but it doesn't do anything new, so why bother and create it? Same here for you: you add the same stuff for every tier, only increasing their damage every time. It's logical, but the players will end up making end-tier gear, like super hammers and super summoning staves, and everything you put your effort into will be left unnoticed. So making some items be exclusive to a certain tier is a must. Think of chakram for example. It isn't present in every tier, and that's what makes it good. In older versions of the game, before Hallowed Bars appeared, they required Cobalt bars for crafting, and people still used them. The Titanium/Adamantite summons will be used in later game, maybe Ultimode. They could be upgraded from Mythril/Palladium tiers with adamantite/titanium bars and a certain catalyst, obtainable in Ultimode.

But that's just my idea. What do you guys think? We need more comments on that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom