tModLoader Ulterraria: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, since people won't stop complaining about it would probably like to know, here are some specifics about 1.2.
  • The furniture-next-to-half-tile-makes-it-invisible-or-sure-whatever bug has been fixed.
  • The corruption only bug was never a bug, rather a feature left unimplemented and has been "fixed"
  • It won't come out this year for various reasons, one being we encountered a nasty bug to do with chests and the size limit on pngs in Terraria's engine. Needless to say that slowed development a bit.
  • We're saving most of the big reveals for the trailer.
  • Keep in mind we only have one coder, @TheGamingBoffin and while he's amazing, he's not all-powerful. (We need more coders, someone help us please)
  • It'll be far bigger than 1.1, probably.

Will this mod still be up when 1.3.1 comes out.

We will update to 1.3.1 once 1.2 is done. If 1.3.1 were to come out tomorrow then we will still wait for 1.2 to be completely finished and primarily bug-free before we begin on it. :)

How will I know if I installed correctly? I install a certain way that works with other games. I made a content folder and extracted the game files into the terraria game files. I basically unloaded that content into the game itself. How will I know? What should I look for, like enemies or plants?

How will I know if I installed correctly? I install a certain way that works with other games. I made a content folder and extracted the game files into the terraria game files. I basically unloaded that content into the game itself. How will I know? What should I look for, like enemies or plants?

On the title screen in the bottom left, it should say something like "v1.1.0.x" with x being a number. Presumably 8. Or, if there were no characters or worlds. That also proves it.

Thanks, got everything done right! The only problem was Norton removed Ulterraria and now its gone. Thanks for your help.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450746515,1450746167][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks, got everything done right! The only problem was Norton removed Ulterraria and now its gone. Thanks for your help.
That's original Terraria. You may not have installed it properly. @Psychewave made a nice installation video, check against that to see if you've done it correctly.

It says this,
Updated:
February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type:
Other
Risk Impact:
High
Systems Affected:
Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP

Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450746575][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like it might be due to the low amount of downloads it takes it as a risk.

-snip- Looks like it might be due to the low amount of downloads it takes it as a risk.

That gives me so much confidence. It may also be that we are transferring an Executable in a .zip file, which happens to be what a lot of viruses do. You can either somehow whitelist Ulterraria, or at least the .exe, or turn off your antivirus temporarily (not recommended but if you really want to play it then yeah). Up to you. Antiviruses are great.

How would I whitelist it?
[DOUBLEPOST=1450746835,1450746766][/DOUBLEPOST]
That gives me so much confidence. It may also be that we are transferring an Executable in a .zip file, which happens to be what a lot of viruses do. You can either somehow whitelist Ulterraria, or at least the .exe, or turn off your antivirus temporarily (not recommended but if you really want to play it then yeah). Up to you. Antiviruses are great.

Sorry, forgot to quote. How would I whitelist it?

I can't help you there sorry, I use a better antivirus use a different Antivirus.

Lol, ok. How would you do it in your anti virus? Maybe it is similar among anti-virus programs. In the mean time I will look it up.

Lol, ok. How would you do it in your anti virus? Maybe it is similar among anti-virus programs. In the mean time I will look it up.
I use Norton and it still works because when it gets removed click more info (it said something similar) then go to the bottom and click restore. It should restore it and you can play it normally. Also it does it with all mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom