tModLoader Ulterraria: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys are wondering why 1.2 is taking so long, allow me to explain.

Remember how I said boffin was getting tired? Well, he's kinda reached the end. And were going to be moving to tMod so we don't have a gazillion people asking questions about installation, and more coders could actually understand how to DO the code.

This mod might be on hold for awhile, but some work needs to be done for the porting to tMod and getting new coders ready to continue on.

Don't worry, we aren't giving up on the mod just yet. I actually want to see it get into the core features.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
A bit of elaboration on this, Boffin encountered an incredibly nasty and unfixable bug, which caused all projectiles and tiles in the mod to flat out not work. We're looking positively towards the future however, as a lot of the standalone code can easily-ish be integrated into tModloader, with 1.2's code being around 75% done at this point. We're resuming development as soon as tModloader updates with worldgen support, as a lot of 1.2's features relied heavily around worldgen.

We hope the move to tModloader will also take some weight off of Boffin's shoulders, with possibly some other coders and not having to fix game-breaking problems with standalone.

A bit of elaboration on this, Boffin encountered an incredibly nasty and unfixable bug, which caused all projectiles and tiles in the mod to flat out not work. We're looking positively towards the future however, as a lot of the standalone code can easily-ish be integrated into tModloader, with 1.2's code being around 75% done at this point. We're resuming development as soon as tModloader updates with worldgen support, as a lot of 1.2's features relied heavily around worldgen.

We hope the move to tModloader will also take some weight off of Boffin's shoulders, with possibly some other coders and not having to fix game-breaking problems with standalone.
well, considering how long its been taking for tmodloader to update with worldgen support, this could indeed take a while...

tMod? Seems alright to me.
But will it be a very long while? I am not playing Terraria only because I am that hyped for this mod that normal Terraria just doesn't suit me anymore. ;(

tMod? Seems alright to me.
But will it be a very long while? I am not playing Terraria only because I am that hyped for this mod that normal Terraria just doesn't suit me anymore. ;(

Well, hopefully it won't take too long. I am writing a program to rip the code from Ulterraria and write all of the files into tModLoader compatible ones, as well as naming them and the corresponding images for me. Huehue. :p

Well, hopefully it won't take too long. I am writing a program to rip the code from Ulterraria and write all of the files into tModLoader compatible ones, as well as naming them and the corresponding images for me. Huehue. :p
It sounds great! Good to 'see' you in form, Boffie :)
And, well... The last question is, what are these worldgen things that you want to add in 1.2? My lovely biomes? ;)

It sounds great! Good to 'see' you in form, Boffie :)
And, well... The last question is, what are these worldgen things that you want to add in 1.2? My lovely biomes? ;)
Fancy, cool, awesome things that you will never find out until the trailer comes along.

Remember how I said boffin was getting tired? Well, he's kinda reached the end. And were going to be moving to tMod so we don't have a gazillion people asking questions about installation, and more coders could actually understand how to DO the code.

This mod might be on hold for awhile, but some work needs to be done for the porting to tMod and getting new coders ready to continue on.

Don't worry, we aren't giving up on the mod just yet. I actually want to see it get into the core features.

Lol and I had standalone all figured out...now I need to figure out tMod

Is it Meta that I wrote a program to convert all of the items (and soon projectiles) into tMod format? I dunno, maybe. It's worked by the way. Just being even lazier now, and making it add the projectiles to be shot automatically too. Not sure if lazy or complicated. Brain hurts.

I dont think anybody is gonna pressure you into rushing anything so just take your time, we would rather it to be good and take a while than be crappy but get it quickly.

I dont think anybody is gonna pressure you into rushing anything so just take your time, we would rather it to be good and take a while than be crappy but get it quickly.

I don't really think there is a way we can rush it, we're literally just copying all of our code source that we've created into tModLoader formatted classes, hence the automation. If I can get all of the automation done then 1.2's items and projectiles can easily be done by next Tuesday, depending on laziness / school etc.

I don't really think there is a way we can rush it, we're literally just copying all of our code source that we've created into tModLoader formatted classes, hence the automation. If I can get all of the automation done then 1.2's items and projectiles can easily be done by next Tuesday, depending on laziness / school etc.
Hype Levels have been increased by x200, now i can play ulterraria with a combination of mods and 1.2 may come out!

Hmm I have yet to try out the gyrolite mod but I probably will soon. I too would love to be able to help out the Ulterraria team in any way that I'm able be it crimson world testing cocept art or just plain ideas. As Venomalix knows I have also been looking for bugs and or watching for things that just don't seem right.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454086336,1454086296][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tutur did you make that picture of Sans because its really good

Look closely, It's not sans.

EDIT: BECAUSE IT'S ME

EDIT EDIT : yes, i'm the one who made it.

Guys I can't summon the high tide for some reason... I try to use it but it does nothing. Do I need to defeat a boss first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom