tModLoader Ulterraria: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to make it bettter? *sigh* You asked for it. When I post my next comment the next update wont be until looooong....

So, I was trying to import my default worlds, aaand it tells me it needs the backup, so I put the backup of the world in. It errors, and asks me to use the backup, so I do, it still errors, and it basically "eats" the backup. AKA it deleted the backup.

Yeah, you can't use existing worlds or characters since the mod reads them differently.
You have to use new worlds and characters for it, I'm afraid.

So, I was trying to import my default worlds, aaand it tells me it needs the backup, so I put the backup of the world in. It errors, and asks me to use the backup, so I do, it still errors, and it basically "eats" the backup. AKA it deleted the backup.

I think that Ven forgot to warn people about this, you did copy and paste the world right? If you didn't, you may have lost this. 1.1.1 (the next version) will feature world importing. If I'm not mistaken characters are okay to import though, but please do not quote me if I am wrong.

Yes, I'm sorry that (if you did) lose your world.
Lol if you did I could probably just build a new one for you and restore its items.. since I am held responsible.

Updated main post with warning.

Oh, I had spare backups just in case, I used copy and paste, I would never use the original for imports

Thank you so much, I'm dreading the day that someone doesn't copy paste. I'm currently working on trying to make importing work, I presume that neither the character or the world imported?

The problem is is that's the worst place to add content because we're limited. I hate starting new games up during mod runs, mainly because there is nothing. Why? Because people don't want to have terrible weapons that do 8 damage. Either way, 1.2 will be more interesting because you get to see the new content instantly (if you're lucky, it is slightly randomized). Sorry if my reply seemed salty, hearing that 3 months of work was dimmed down to "Boring" kinda sparked me a bit.

Also, go to the merchant. Mine a bit faster :)

It appears you've been mistaken, you actually have to progress in the game rather than piddling around for 40 to determine whether the mod is worth playing.
1.1 added most its content in hardmode, as well as in little bits in pre-hardmode, such as improving summoner progression. We'll take this into consideration while making the later updates, thank you for providing actual constructive criticism.

We did indeed add content to attempt to help with this, however it appears you've mostly missed it. :p

In fact, what can we add to make the early on game more interesting? World gen is certainly being done, just so you know, perhaps that's a bit better? If you soldier through the boring parts first, you'll get to the content :)
Would've been nice to have some form of content section, something to detail what the mod includes to help players know what to expect (Even a simple list of stuff like "New enemies, items, bosses, mechanics..." would've alleviated confusion).
The OP contained nothing, so I went the only thing known to look for was if there was anything at all there. I took every material I found to the guide, and found a couple of rings and something for hardmode. When I stopped I had a second house built and the Demolitonist moved in. He had nothing new, which was nothing unexpected. I had come across some fragment thing in rainbow text, so I took it to the guide to find out it had no use, and stopped. I'll try some more to see if it improves.

Would've been nice to have some form of content section, something to detail what the mod includes to help players know what to expect (Even a simple list of stuff like "New enemies, items, bosses, mechanics..." would've alleviated confusion).
The OP contained nothing, so I went the only thing known to look for was if there was anything at all there. I took every material I found to the guide, and found a couple of rings and something for hardmode. When I stopped I had a second house built and the Demolitonist moved in. He had nothing new, which was nothing unexpected. I had come across some fragment thing in rainbow text, so I took it to the guide to find out it had no use, and stopped. I'll try some more to see if it improves.
Showing content in the OP wouldn't work out. I prefer to just have players look at the wiki due to the image cap.
The wiki itself is being updated, so once thats updated, I assume there won't be many problems there.

You'll need the fragments later. Get a lot of them would be advice to those reading this. The wiki is being worked on at the moment, and will be done, it just takes a while. And Ven is lazy when it comes to OP, jus' sayin' :p

Yes, I am also lazy.
I often forget what to put there, such as fair warnings and such.
So point it out if you feel something is missing.

Fan Of Cards: Wonderfully op
Magic Conch Shell: I'm scared to use it even with fan of cards
The Fan of Cards might/probably will be nerfed, enjoy their OP-ness while you can, but glad to hear you're a fan :p
Also USE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom