Items Ultima ammo: zenith bow/gun/rocket launcher/blowgun without the weapon.

Noahblast20

Official Terrarian
So. I keep seeing tons of suggestions that are like “oh just add this zenith bow or gun with a crafting recipe like the zenith” and they don’t even consider the possibility of giving ALL of the weapons a zenith of effects. I present to you, ultima ammo!

The Artemis and Apollo’s arrow quiver:
Crafting recipe: artimis arrow quiver, 100 hellfire arrows, 100 jester’s arrows, 100 frostburn arrows, 100 unholy arrows, 100 holy arrows, 100 cursed/ichor arrows, 100 chorophyte arrows, 100 venom arrows, 100 bone arrows and 100 luminite arrows at an ancient manipulator.
Effect: inflicts hellfire, frostbite, venom, ichor, and cursed inferno. Effects of holy, luminite, jester’s and chorophyte arrows. Effect of infinite arrow pouch
9 velocity
20 damages

I will add bullets, rockets and darts later.
Feel free to give suggestions for this suggestion if you want.
This is not the “terraria themed” thing I’m going to do.

Combining a bunch of existing effects sounds kinda boring compared to coming up with a new and interesting weapon.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Celeb Mk2 is pretty unique but isn't used much (except for mining) due to being post-Moonlord and not totally OP. What if it was made into the ranged Zenith, giving it an appropriate buff to damage and making it craftable instead of dropping from Moon Lord?

Celebration mk 2 is actually the ranged zenith weapon. It’s already really fast, really powerful, and really fun to use. But tell me about all of the interesting bows in comparison to the amazing collection of melee weapons from all corners of abilities. From the true melee pumpkin blade that creates secondary projectiles when you hit things, to the amazing new terrablade, which will shred all in front of it… bows… shoot varying amounts of arrows… the blood rain bow and Daedalus stormbow are different… id you can, tell me one that’s more unique than them. I’m not trying to demean what you said, but rather, what is the most interesting part of a ranger playthrough?

what is the most interesting part of a ranger playthrough?
I don't think anyone uses ranged weapons because they're interesting, lol.

See, the biggest part of problem is that Re-Logic added all this random stuff over the years and they didn't necessarily think them through or still want them to be in the game, but for some reason they never remove content once it's in the game and now they're left with too many different weapons and not enough time/personnel to go through all of them. I really liked the sword overhaul and would like to see it done for other weapon categories but there are so many weapons that at this point I think Re-Logic would rather remake the game as Terraria 2 and follow a more stringent set of principles when deciding to add stuff rather than adding anything just because they like it.

In any case, if we're discussing weapon variety, I think ranged would benefit from expanding its existing categories a little. More rocket and dart weapons for early and late game, for example, or new weapons that use the exotic ammo types like pumpkins and nails. Or perhaps they could overhaul arrows and bullets, there's way too many of them that just shoot a projectile that does nothing other than apply a debuff.

And then there's the always-neglected summoner. Now that swords are fun and interesting I would really like it if one or more of the many existing melee weapon types was moved to summoner, I think that would solve the summoner problem nicely.

Mages are fine.

I’m just talking about adding a new endgame ammo type or four in order to make it more fun for rangers… but I would love anything you just talked about to happen.

Back
Top Bottom