Mobile Ultimate DPS so far on Mobile (Frost Moon stage 18)

Speedrun

Terrarian
A Strategic !Solo! Guide for Frost Moon :

Edit :
I made it finally to Wave 19, however, this part is really heavy and i just barely finished wave 18, there are several Ice Queens chasing you at the same time, makes it very difficult to dodge, switch ammunition and fire.

2nd Edit :
Now i reached the goal i discribed in this guide. I finished wave 19 and got to the final, infinite 20th wave of Frost Moon. I changed the guide so you guys can follow my steps. One thing thats in the guide, i didnt used in the fight though was an arena, honey pool or heart lantern. It wasnt supposed to be my winning round, just did it to test a new strategy i figured out and got to the final wave.

3rd Edit :
I figured out that a Rapid Chain Gun with Chlorophite Bullets is better in fighting Minions then the Snowmancanon, not because of DPS (they are almost equal), but in impact speed. It doesnt throw enemies around like the Canon and kill them right away, the speed it is doing that compensates the fact that it is targeting only one Monster at a time. I would recommend using that, but you can also use the Canon for this guide. It just gives you a small time-advantage in the first few Stages.

This is my poorly attempt to set some records since im not that long in this Forum.

However, let me introduce to you my Ultimate Gear setting. Keep in mind that it is build to defeat the last and final stage of Frost Moon (20, considering that it is keep going forever if you reach it) without the use of traps, hoik-based machines or critter farms!

This Guide is a little bit long, since its very precicely and discribes the whole scenario in the most detailed way thats possible for me !
(None-Native English speaking Person)

It should be mentioned that this guide, if you plan to follow it, applys mainly for advanced players that encountered the Frost Moon at least a couple of times. If you are new to this Event, it is recommendet to first try to get a feeling for the first waves and do it with Gear that fits for you/that makes you feel comfortable to play with ! The Equipment in this guide provides almost no defense, it relies entirely on healing and pure damage, make sure you know the moves of the Event-Monsters.

My gear is rather unusual, because it needs alot of Platinum Coins to actually make use of the Coingun. You can make these amounts by using the Ring of Greed and some Monster Farms.

If you dont own a Coingun, Ring of Greed and/or dont want to invest the efford of grinding these and/or the Platinum Coins, the Tsunami with Holy Arrows can archieve a similiar result, this is only the fastest and high edge way of doing it.

Agile Coin Gun, ~8000 - 9000 DPS (stable, in case of crit), 88% Crit Cloaked (Only for Everscream and Santa NK-1)

Unreal Snowman Canon, ~3200 DPS (stable, in case of crit), 94% Crit Cloaked (Killing the Minions with it insanely fast, first 5 Waves drop in about 3 seconds)

Unreal Tsunami, ~4000 DPS with Heart Arrows, ~8000 DPS with Holy Arrows (stable, in case of crit), 94% Crit Cloaked + Ichor Arrows & Heart Arrows (Only hitting every spawned Ice Queen once with the Ichor Arrows to inflict Ichor-Debuff)

Full Shroomite Gear
(Switching between the Arrow Headgear for Ice Queens, Gunner Headgear for NK-1 and Everscream, Launcher Headgear for Minions. In case of not using a Coingun the Arrow Headgear is used instead of the Gunner Headgear)

Lucky Golem Eye
Lucky Sniper Scope
Menacing Destroyer Emblem
Menacing Ranger Emblem
Menacing Avenger Emblem

(Did this to get over the 90% Crit Mark, up on research and testing the damage output is significantly higher this way)

Ammunition : Ichor Arrows, Heart Arrows, Platinum Coins, Rockets III.

Buffs : WRATH, ENDURANCE, RAGE, BOW POTION, IRONSKIN, WELL FEED, LIFE REGEN (Honey, Potion, Campfire, Heart Lantern)

To not get bumbed around i use the Double Hook and anker myself with it into the ground, this way random hits wont get me out of position, increasing my aim. It doesnt replace a Paladin- or Ankhshield, but in my opinion its better to have 19% extra damage.

For Healing Purposes i have a stack greater Healpotions (which i only use to bridge the timeframe where Bosses arent close enough to get hit by my Razorpine), a full Spectre Armor with Hood in my Inventory + Razorpine in my Quickbar, just switching gear in midfight if my Hearts fall below one Red Bar and refill almost instantly on a Boss.

In a critical situation, use Magic Handcuffs
, replacing the Ranger Emblem so you dont run out of Mana while getting hit during the heal sequence. From my experience you need at least 5-6 hearts left when equiping the Spectral Armor in order to be able to heal yourself without getting killed by a random hit.

Healing is crucial and should be done with the same concentration that u bring in while switching between the Headgears. If you die just once, even when your Spawn is located at your Arena, its very unlikely that you will reach wave 20. However, it is still possible to reach 15 and above if your intentions are to only farm for the Rendeer Bells or trophys.

Everscream and Santa-NK-1 despawn within 1-3 seconds, only the Ice Queen takes around 8 seconds due to the lack of DPS that is brought by the Tsunami, which is still way faster then any other weapon configuration i know.

Notes :
All Weapons and Gear took me about 2 Weeks to collect (The Gear is probably earlyer to archieve with a higher amount of time invested in grinding) with a fresh started Character.

Keep in mind that this is just the highest DPS loadout in Terraria Mobile without the use of Bugs or Hacks, its for showing what is possible and how you can beat the Frost Moon. I dont claim that there is no better way of beating it.

The problem about the Tsunami's DPS in General is, that it is very unstable using Holy Arrows which do still the most damage after the Coingun. The piercing abilitys of the Stars falling during the use of these Arrows provide a 1/6 of a second invincibility-timer for the enemie each time he gets hit. That results in not getting hit by the Arrows sometimes, which is a huge cut in the total DPS.

Inventory Preperations :
Place a stack Heart Arrows in your Ammunition Bar on the right side, prepare a stack Ichor Arrows right below your Quickbar so you can quickly add 2 of them by tapping on the seperation button twice. Same goes with the Spectre Armor, if you have filled your Vanity and Armor Slots, tapping the equipment button on an Armor will switch it with your current one, makes this less stressfull.

In case of not using the Coingun, prepare Holy Arrows, switch them with the Heart Arrows each time a Queen shows up together with the Ichor Preperation, undo this after a Queen is defeated to be able to kill NK-1 and Everscreams at the same rate. This may be a little stressfull, but its the best way to get the maximum out of the Tsunami.

In case of need to heal yourself, after switching the Armor, Switch the Razorpine with the Weapon you currently holding, this way you dont need to click on it once you left the inventory, saves time and maybe a death, same goes backwards if you switch back. You can do this with all Weapons, because you should switch the Headgear along with your weapon on each enemie-type. I recommend this strategy, because it saves you at least 1-2 seconds per Bossmonster in which you do more damage, but in the same time its very stressfull to do while focusing on the fight.

Arena Setups :
Arena with at least 100 Blocks surface, Wooden plattform in visible head-height of the enemies, Honey pool below to dip in. (Honey only used after the 10th wave, even that just optional in case of a perfect run). Place Lava on the surface and a 20 Blocks wide platform into the Lava pit on the outer left side of the arena, this way Monsters will spawn to 90% on your left side (except some boss Monsters, however, majority will spawn on the left) which will allow your fire to focus only on one direction.

The reason for the lava-platform placement on the left is, that your thumb will be most of the time on the right side for firing, this way you are able to see faster if Bossmonsters showing up.

Stage Strategys :

Stage 1-5 :
This part is pretty simple, just spam Rockets to your left and right, as soon as you see that the damage-marker outside of your screen shows several Hits at once (7-8), shoot into the direction with the Coingun (after switching the Headgear) until no damage-marker shows up (this way you see Everscreams spawning and kill them right away before entering the screen)

Stage 6-10 :
Keep spaming, as soon as a NK-1 or Everscream shows up, aim with trajectory, its way easyer to aim with machine guns if you see the path of the monster and your own avatar.

Stage 11-15 :
Ice Queens will always spawn to your left side, in wave 11 there will be several frost- and helicopter Monsters right before she spawns, kill them and get ready to use your Tsunami, Prepare 2 Ichor Arrows and start shooting as soon as she shows up, if your fast enough she will not be able to fly one round and you kill her right away.

Stage 16-20 :
Main weapon against NK-1 and Everscream remains the Coingun, however Queens spawn now continously, so be fast in switching Gear, Weapons and preparing of the Arrows. If you master that, you can reach stage 20.

This guide is the result of more then 700 Frost Moon runs, it represents my best effords of analyzing the game mechanics and how they work in comparison to the Gear i use. If you have any tips or want to add something, feel free to comment, also i would be glad to know about your best effords so we could exchange knowledge and try to beat it with modifications of each strategy !

If you want me to do more analytic Strategy-Guides like this, let me know in the comments.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will use this strat once I obtain the coin gun (if I can), not sure how you did it on mobile without the dutchman. But even I am an endgame melee mobile player and I have all the best weapons/armor/accessories, I can only make it to wave 13 (welp)!

Thanks, I will use this strat once I obtain the coin gun (if I can), not sure how you did it on mobile without the dutchman. But even I am an endgame melee mobile player and I have all the best weapons/armor/accessories, I can only make it to wave 13 (welp)!

It was quiet a walk, i did the pirate invasion little bit more then a hundret times, was about to give up on the way to be honest. (Something that is missed by alot of players : the single most awesome potion in the whole game is the Battlepotion ... Be sure to always have a stack in you warehouse)

Thats the problem with meele. Its awesome in defense and putting out middle amounts of damage, but in the end you need the DPS of 2-3 good equiped players. The Frost Moon isnt supposed to be finished from a single player haha

But in terms of saving a fight you are completly right, against storyline bosses i always take melee. Also if i go to grind for something or collect resources, i do this in beetle armor and Flairon or Terra-Blade as weapon.

This is just the highest amount of damage possible, its not as close to be a "stable" equipment as meele is. But meele doesnt do enough damage to do Frost Moon in a single night sadly.

Btw, this gear setup is awesome in PVP. The coingun one shots everyone, just Beetle Armor with defense buff need to be hit twice sometimes, but even they get killed if you Land a good shot. The snowmancanon penetrates a huge area with splash damage and is most of the time also a one-hit-kill. Together with mines and bombarding areas while fly over them you can kill whole groups of end-gear equiped players at once. Frustrated alot of people using that hehehe

Last edited:
Ok so: by an amazing stroke of luck I have the coin gun after my 10th pirate invasion!!! I just used my endgame ranged character with the agile coin gun to fight the frost moon, and I only achived wave 12 (with my arena/strategy) so I'm gonna have to try something else... I had problems with the coin gun because Terraria mobile has the screen so zoomed in (they will fix this in 1.3 tho) so I couldn't aim at the ice queen without missing 50% of the time. Anyway, what I wanted to know is how essential is it to switch armor, and how important is it to have the snoman cannon (I currently only have the blizzard staff of the 3 ice queen drops)?

Ok so: by an amazing stroke of luck I have the coin gun after my 10th pirate invasion!!! I just used my endgame ranged character with the agile coin gun to fight the frost moon, and I only achived wave 12 (with my arena/strategy) so I'm gonna have to try something else... I had problems with the coin gun because Terraria mobile has the screen so zoomed in (they will fix this in 1.3 tho) so I couldn't aim at the ice queen without missing 50% of the time. Anyway, what I wanted to know is how essential is it to switch armor, and how important is it to have the snoman cannon (I currently only have the blizzard staff of the 3 ice queen drops)?

Switching headpieces is essential for getting to the 20th wave because you need every single extra damage you can get. Also the buff potions need to be taken all the time to maintain your DPS. (This only applys for wave 18+)

The Snowmancanon can be replaced with a Rapid Chaingun and Chlorophite Bullets, but it is by far the most important weapon together with the Tsunami Bow. Snowmancanon/Chain Gun is used to advance fast in the first 10 waves in killing the minions insanely fast, the first 4 waves should not take longer then 3-5 seconds after event start. (For example, with my equipment the Chain Gun Hits at average with 200 damage per shot, firing 20 Bullets per second.)

Against the Ice Queen you need to use the Tsunami Bow + Heart Arrows, otherwise she will always dodge you and fly away, just stand there and wait for her to chase you, in the right moment hit her with Heart Arrows and she will not be able to fly away anymore, gives you the time to kill her. Other weapons may work as well, but then you will not be able to advance further then wave 13-14.

The Coingun only gets used against the Bosses NK-1 and Everscream, against the Ice Queen its very uneffective due to her moving speed. Later on, in wave 16-18 you can also use it against Yetis and Grampus, because NK-1 and Everscream will spawn so rapidly that you need to fight from the ground in order to be able to switch targets fast enough/maintain stable aim.

Remember that my Guide is the collection of more then 700 (almost 800, i do at least 5 runs a day) Frost Moon runs, wave 20 is just my highest record, i get this maybe once a month. Usually i advance to wave 17-18.

I wrote it in my Guide, but will again list it here for better overview :

Must-have-weapons (you need to have these weapons and ammunition in order to advance to at least wave 15) :

Unreal Tsunami + Heart Arrows
PLUS
Rapid Chain Gun + Chlorophite Bullets
OR (instead of Chain Gun)
Unreal Snowmancanon + Level 3 Rockets

For any wave higher then 16 its crucial to have the Coingun and Platinum coins, otherwise you will (just taking the maths into account now) not be able to kill the Bossmonsters fast enough.

The difference between most Ranger loadouts in the Internet and mine is in most cases almost 30-40% of the total damage. My Coingun Hits with 900-1000 damage per shot, which is on average 10.000 DPS. Tsunami is with 4000 - 5000 DPS on the second place and the Chain Gun close by with 3500 - 4000 DPS.

Without these amounts of damage it is very unlikely to advance further then wave 14 - 15. Also does each weapon has there unique field they get used in, i dont fire with the Chain Gun at any boss to any given time because it is a waste of wave-advancement and also of ammunition.

Chain Gun for Minions,
Coingun for NK-1's and Everscreams
Tsunami for Ice Queens

Use the Bullet Headpiece for wave 1-10, because you will only need to use the Chain Gun and Coingun within these Waves, after that you can use the Arrow Headpiece for everything else if you dont want to switch during the fight, its just for maximize the damage output.

Remember, using Wrath and Arrow potion, Well Feed + Arrow headpiece gives you an extra 50% damage boost, together with 90% CRIT-Lucky reforged equipment and staying cloaked means the difference of doing 750 damage a shot or 2000 with the Tsunami. Thats almost 3 times extra wave advancement, making the difference between getting to wave 11 or wave 16.

And when you then want to add the cherry on the cake, you alternate 1 Ichor-Arrow (and it NEED to hit) before each Queen (and any other boss) and squeeze out (on average) another 10% damage boost.

When i do Frost Moon runs, each run get expandet by at least 10 minutes due to the fact that i remain alot in my inventory for switching equipment.

My wave 20 run was like this :

In wave 1-10 i hooked into a wooden platform and spamed with my Snowmancanon, climbed the first 4 waves in almost 2 seconds after event start. Each time a Everscream or NK-1 appeared, i paused, switched my Headgear from Launcher to Bullet and placed the coingun in the place of my Snowmancanon so when i get back i only need to fire and aim. I did this also in reverse each time i killed the respective boss.

After wave 10 i un-hooked, switched the Avenger Emblem with the Hooverboard and altered 1 Ichor arrow in front of my Heart arrows, switched to Arrow Headgear each time a Queen appeared and hit her with trajectory. Also in reverse again for minions and bosses. Each single time.

Reaching the 20th wave is playing the Event in perfection. Its like a Kaizoo-Run in Super Mario, every single action needs to be performed exactly, missing one thing (and even just miss-tapping a button) costs you at least one wave.

Keep in mind that the Frost Moon Event isnt supposed to be finished by a single Player. Usually you have a 4-Player strong Team beating it together. That means you need to replace the damage-output of at least 4 Average-Endgame-Gear-Players with just one equipment, which is definetly possible using my gear i discribed in my guide.

Last edited:
Today i made 14 Frost Moon attempts with my Ranger loadout, this is the summation :

14 Runs

2 Runs : Stage 19

9 Runs : Stage 18

1 Run : Stage 17

2 Runs : Stage 16

Deaths : 1

1000 Chlorophite Bullets used per run on average

600 Platinum Coins used per run on average

300 Heart Arrows used per run on average

Ok, thanks, I just obtained the snowman cannon. Also, I was wondering of you used duplication to get all those platinum coins, or if you just farmed, because I know a few duplication glitches and I can tell you how to do it if you wanna know

Ok, thanks, I just obtained the snowman cannon. Also, I was wondering of you used duplication to get all those platinum coins, or if you just farmed, because I know a few duplication glitches and I can tell you how to do it if you wanna know

With the Snowmancanon it should be easy to reach at least wave 14-16.

And yes, i used a duplication method to obtain the Platinum coins. I was doing that before with the Ring of Greed, but it takes to long and is not usefull if you operate a Coingun.

I have an extra world and Warehouse there with Chests full of duped Platinum coins and Ammunition for the sole purpose of running the Frost Moon.

Back
Top Bottom