ULTIMATE money/bait farm (200+ platinum per day and loads of bait) [PLEASE READ]

nachomc1473

Eye of Cthulhu
So yes, i've updated a farm that i did. 100% working. You will need some summoner accessories (Necromantic scroll and/or Tiki Armor to summon 3 minions), flower boots, golden bug net and a raven staff.

I'm going to explain how this farm works:

index.php

So, you must switch the lever that's next to my player (you must be on the mud spot to close it) and get stuck in a corner. Once you're ready you will get bait/jungle grass seeds and goldfish, (which sells for 75 gold per 999). The Merchant (can be any npc, but it must buy/sell items) will buy your goldfish.
Since you are going to build it underground (if you build it at the surface, Goblin Invasions, solar eclipses and other things can happen, killing you). You will need 3 ravens (they can't pass through blocks) one in goldfish spawn box, other in the bait farm and one at the timers. Why? Well, (it's recommended to build it underground jungle) Tim can spawn, and blood moon can still affect goldfish (blood moon transform goldfish into corrupt/crimson goldfish), the ravens will kill the corrupted/crimson goldfish and Tim.

Wiring:

index.php

(Ignore the teleporter, it teleports to my house)
The birds will keep the goldfish spawning.
The 5 second timer will activate and deactivate a mud block, just in case a 2 blocks bush grows. (those can't be destroyed with the golden bug net)
The 1 second timer will spawn birds.

So, yes, this is my "ultimate" bait/money farm, making up to 200 platinum per day (by selling the goldfish) and a lot of bait!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This can be also used as an afk farm.

How? You must follow my instructions: (Sorry for spanish things, i'm not english :l )

1st.- Go to Control Panel:
index.php

2.- Go to Mouse
index.php

3.- Click on click block:
index.php

4.- Do this "VVV"
index.php

Once you click (and press for 2 seconds) autoclick will active, you will go to terraria and do that, then it will start to break the grass and collecting goldfish automatically!

Thanks for reading!

nachomc1473.-

ALSO: I'VE MADE 2 THREADS, ONE OF THEM WAS POSTED ON INCORRECT PLACE AND THE OTHER ONE IS OUTDATED (THIS IS THE NEW FARM). CAN YOU PLEASE LOCK THEM? I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE MORE THREADS ANYMORE

1.- http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/easy-bait-farm-need-hardmode-stuff.23337/

2.- http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/updated-bait-money-farm.24907/

Last edited:
In your set-up you're activating 3 goldfish statues every 0.5 seconds (the cap), which translates into 5400 goldfish in the daytime (15 minutes). That's just over 4 platinum. Where do you get 200+ platinum from? Or did you mean generating that much platinum in a real life day? Either way, there are much faster ways of generating platinum.

The bait farm portion is solid though.

In your set-up you're activating 3 goldfish statues every 0.5 seconds (the cap), which translates into 5400 goldfish in the daytime (15 minutes). That's just over 4 platinum. Where do you get 200+ platinum from? Or did you mean generating that much platinum in a real life day? Either way, there are much faster ways of generating platinum.

The bait farm portion is solid though.
Real life day. Also, this farm isn't for making money, it's for bait, but i added the goldfish so you get bait and money, which is amazing.

Creo que su idea es genial, pero te puedo decir que este es un única tarea del ordenador, porque tengo un teléfono, y tengo que permanecer en una aplicación para que siga funcionando, así que no puedo AFK ella. Por cierto, yo no española, sólo estoy traduciéndolo para usted, para ahorrar algo de tiempo.

Creo que su idea es genial, pero te puedo decir que este es un única tarea del ordenador, porque tengo un teléfono, y tengo que permanecer en una aplicación para que siga funcionando, así que no puedo AFK ella. Por cierto, yo no española, sólo estoy traduciéndolo para usted, para ahorrar algo de tiempo.
Don't worry, i can (most of the times) read english. Thanks for the feedback :D

Mola mucho tu idea. Creo que podrias aumentar el dinero conseguido se añades 3 estatuas de slime debajo tuya y vendes todo el gel que te de.

Tambien podrias poner trampas donde van los goldfish "La super dart del templo, por ejemplo" para olvidarte de una de las invocaciones.
Edit: No dije nada, olvide que ahora los goldfish al morir no dropean nada xD

Translation because i love u:
It's cool your idea. But i think you could increase the money adding 3 slime statues under you and sell all the gel.
Btw, you should place traps for the goldfish so you can forget one raven at least.
Edit: Nvm, i forget about new goldfish xD

PD: Yo si soy español xD

Last edited:
Well, I did something wrong, sometimes fishes randomly start walking to the right or the left side of construction, so I cant reach them with regular Bug Net.
Why does it happen anyway?

Well, I did something wrong, sometimes fishes randomly start walking to the right or the left side of construction, so I cant reach them with regular Bug Net.
Why does it happen anyway?
Because the regular bug net isn't big enough. That's why you need the golden bug net.

Back
Top Bottom