Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

Wait.... "Actuated" spears? I totally missed something in tedit. Aren't there little dots in the wire where there's an actuator? I didn't see no dots..... Your Kung Fu is strong, teach us Master.

Yeah TEdit doesn't show actuation state, which is why I prefer to take in-game snapshots. The spear traps need to be actuated so that the spear tips that shoot out can pass through the traps immediately below them. To build the spear trap batteries, put down a column of spear traps, put actuators on the traps and run wire through them, send a signal through the wire via a switch to actuate the traps, and then remove the actuators and rewire the traps as in the wiring diagram above.

I started doing exactly that after I read your previous post. I didn't realize they were actuated in the pic before, hence my spears weren't workin'. I should leave the top one un-actuated to avoid the glitch then I take it? And as a side thought, would adding some spike ball traps do any good?

I started doing exactly that after I read your previous post. I didn't realize they were actuated in the pic before, hence my spears weren't workin'. I should leave the top one un-actuated to avoid the glitch then I take it? And as a side thought, would adding some spike ball traps do any good?

Try leaving the top traps actuated to see if you have the glitch, and if so deactuate them. Don't add any other types of traps, since all traps do piercing damage and piercing damage caps at 6 hits per second. Spiky balls and other traps will thus interfere with some of the spear trap hits and reduce overall trap DPS.

Right on, I'll try it out and see, and thanks for the setup assist. I really wouldn't have noticed they were actuated. My kid is gonna love this farm setup when he comes over next weekend. Also, another big WOW MAN.... The slot machine and the combo vault door in that map are awesome, I might be hitting you up for some help when I try to make those.

Right on, I'll try it out and see, and thanks for the setup assist. I really wouldn't have noticed they were actuated. My kid is gonna love this farm setup when he comes over next weekend. Also, another big WOW MAN.... The slot machine and the combo vault door in that map are awesome, I might be hitting you up for some help when I try to make those.

Glad you're enjoying the other map features! There are guides with schematics on these forums for all the contraptions/farms to assist others in building those contraptions in their own worlds. I'll be happy to assist in the building process as well :).

That. Was. INSANE. 156 Mourning Woods and 145 Pumpkings downed in the final wave alone, which I reached at 10:32pm (at least, that was how many trophies I had at the end of it). 40 platinum and change after selling everything, and I finally scored a Jack O'Lantern Mask (that was the last PM drop I needed for the complete collection).

Third time was the charm, though, because the first time I accidentally hit the switch to teleport me under the spawn surface instead of starting the traps, so that screwed up the ravens, and the second time I forgot to spawn the slime before starting the event and got splattered by a Mourning Wood. *selffacepalm*

You are a Terraria god, just wanted to let you know (as if you needed me to tell you). Awesome work.

You rock. It had the glitch, but that was easy to solve since you told me how. :D Just ran it thru with the PM and am happy to say I have it working 100% (minus the 2nd teleporter for the npc because it was a new world and it only has the guide at the moment, lol) on the x360. I'm going to run the FM on it and see what happens, giggiddy. Thanks a million. Can't wait to try out some of the other crazy stuff from your map, when my eyes have straightened back out enough.

*Update* : Works great on PM, don't know why but Ice Queens seem to keep killing the slime though in the FM. Any ideas on this?

Last edited:
The queens can't kill the slime... It might be glitched ravens or something but I am unsure...This is actually the best of its kind EVER, It currently holds the record for fastest Pumpkin Moon done with only summons and traps.
It can also reach wave 17 of the FM on pc, I have not seen it at work on console or mobile.

I've been testing ideas and come up with nada. The first Ice Queen wave attack that comes at me, the slime dies and I take a ton of damage... it's not a raven, unless one is being pushed through by the ice wave... but it looks like they are all still above the gate and not the issue. She has to be killing the slime somehow. I don't know why, but that's what it's doing. Still, given what it does to the PM this is the most impressive setup I've seen in this game. (Excluding all the other stuff in DicemanXs world download, I mean holy crap!)

Not sure why the slime would be dying. Mobs aren't supposed to be able to damage each other.

This arena is optimized for PM, definitely. Summoner setups don't do quite as well for FM because the Ice Queens fly around too damn much; the ravens spend more time chasing her than doing damage. Dice's statue-spawn/Horseman's Blade arena is the way to go for FM.

That. Was. INSANE. 156 Mourning Woods and 145 Pumpkings downed in the final wave alone, which I reached at 10:32pm (at least, that was how many trophies I had at the end of it). 40 platinum and change after selling everything, and I finally scored a Jack O'Lantern Mask (that was the last PM drop I needed for the complete collection).

Third time was the charm, though, because the first time I accidentally hit the switch to teleport me under the spawn surface instead of starting the traps, so that screwed up the ravens, and the second time I forgot to spawn the slime before starting the event and got splattered by a Mourning Wood. *selffacepalm*

You are a Terraria god, just wanted to let you know (as if you needed me to tell you). Awesome work.

Thanks, glad you like the farm and that it worked nicely for you! This is my favorite farm so far and it's fun to watch, although I have massive farm on the way that I'm really excited about - just polishing it up now :).

You rock. It had the glitch, but that was easy to solve since you told me how. :D Just ran it thru with the PM and am happy to say I have it working 100% (minus the 2nd teleporter for the npc because it was a new world and it only has the guide at the moment, lol) on the x360. I'm going to run the FM on it and see what happens, giggiddy. Thanks a million. Can't wait to try out some of the other crazy stuff from your map, when my eyes have straightened back out enough.

*Update* : Works great on PM, don't know why but Ice Queens seem to keep killing the slime though in the FM. Any ideas on this?

Great to read that you got it running on console! Once they patch that spear trap glitch it should run even better. I'm not sure why your slime got killed in FM, and you're the second person that reported this. I ran this farm plenty of times in FM and never saw that happen, since hostile mobs cannot kill other hostile mobs, so perhaps there's some other glitch at play here? I'll have to investigate this some more when I get the chance, but for now as RearEchelon mentions the Horseman's Blade farm is the way to go for FM.

I think the first ice wave attack is pushing one of the ravens through the wall and it kills the slime. Spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure it out, and that's the best I can figure since the mobs shouldn't kill each other. I tried a version of the tower with flame traps staggered 5 blocks out and back to make 4 shapes of < > on the outsides above the lower spears to the top, it rips up the frost queens, but they still manage to get that ice wave off at least once, in turn killing the slime and me. Works great for the PM still, the fastest time to final wave on console without the flames seems to be is 11:50pm and with them it hits final wave at 11:53pm, so it doesn't seem to alter the damage much and makes a nice light show. I think I'll revert to no flames though and build the Horseman blade farm in the same level. Has anybody else ran the PM farm with more than one player? I made an alt account on my box and pulled in a 2nd player (wanted to make sure I can run this with me and my kid both in at the same time)... Same gear protocol, both on the teleport pad to enter at the same time so it only actives the bird statue 1 time, 1 slime summoned makes both players damage priority on the slime functionally, and it's twice as many ravens.... I was attempting to use the 2nd players ravens outside to take out ice queens in the FM, but the ice wave issue persists... the slime dies somehow when the first ice wave goes through. The 2nd players ravens make it a super swarm, amusing. On a side note, the highest I've managed to get the Crit up to on console is 64% (without modding the toon, 'cuz it'll go a bit higher if you play dirty) holding a sniper rifle or paladins hammer since there is no swordfish or rage potion on console and wearing the prococol gear above. If I wear a Shroomite set I lose minions but the Crit goes up a ton... I figure any toon that has armor but isn't wearing Turtle armor(Oops- tried it and the slime was dead before the first mourning wood. lol) is golden to survive here.

Last edited:
I think the first ice wave attack is pushing one of the ravens through the wall and it kills the slime. Spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure it out, and that's the best I can figure since the mobs shouldn't kill each other. I tried a version of the tower with flame traps staggered 5 blocks out and back to make 4 shapes of < > on the outsides above the lower spears to the top, it rips up the frost queens, but they still manage to get that ice wave off at least once, in turn killing the slime and me. Works great for the PM still, the fastest time to final wave on console without the flames seems to be is 11:50pm and with them it hits final wave at 11:53pm, so it doesn't seem to alter the damage much and makes a nice light show. I think I'll revert to no flames though and build the Horseman blade farm in the same level.

Thanks for looking into things! Odd that the ravens might be getting pushed into the slime box somehow, since the ravens are not supposed to be affected by mob projectiles. One thing that might be worth trying is a second layer of blocks above the slime box. The player can still collect drops if vertically within 3 tiles of the drops, and that extra layer might stop the ravens from getting through if indeed it's the ravens that are the issue.

For now, as you suggest, it'll be best to focus on building a separate Frost Moon Horseman's Blade farm, since any other farm isn't really that great for Frost Moon farming since all other arenas cannot even reach the final wave. For good farming runs the final wave needs to be reached pretty early.

Has anybody else ran the PM farm with more than one player? I made an alt account on my box and pulled in a 2nd player (wanted to make sure I can run this with me and my kid both in at the same time)... Same gear protocol, both on the teleport pad to enter at the same time so it only actives the bird statue 1 time, 1 slime summoned makes both players damage priority on the slime functionally, and it's twice as many ravens.... I was attempting to use the 2nd players ravens outside to take out ice queens in the FM, but the ice wave issue persists... the slime dies somehow when the first ice wave goes through. The 2nd players ravens make it a super swarm, amusing.

I'd actually be very interested in whether a second player can improve the final wave time! One thing that is yet unknown is whether there are any hit caps for ravens, both in terms of the number of mobs a single raven can hit per unit time, and how many times a single mob can be hit by multiple ravens. It would be nice to know if 18 ravens would be better than 9, or if 9 (or less) is already at some sort of limit.

Not sure on the numbers, but the ravens seemed to be making it go faster... will test it more and let you know the final wave time is and what I think. Gonna start that Horseman setup too (Holy crap man! That thing is nuts!). Either the raven is getting pushed through or the ice wave has a different damage priority rating system maybe... if I could work around that it'd be nice, will try the 2nd block layer idea too.

Last edited:
I will be updating this farm to show Frost Moon autofarming in action. The current record is wave 17 reached at 2:55am:

With the Omega farm, once the additional spear traps are added, it might actually be possible to reach wave 18, which for an autofarm would be quite the feat. More importantly, it makes the fact that some players are experiencing the death of the slime during FM all the more perplexing. In the video the player box, the raven position, and the position of the Ice Queens and Santa-NK1's and Everscreams are not too different from their positioning during the Omega farm runs.

Not sure on the numbers, but the ravens seemed to be making it go faster... will test it more and let you know the final wave time is and what I think. Gonna start that Horseman setup too (Holy crap man! That thing is nuts!). Either the raven is getting pushed through or the ice wave has a different damage priority rating system maybe... if I could work around that it'd be nice, will try the 2nd block layer idea too.

There's one additional thing you could try for FM farming, and that is hook up the slime statue to as many of the 1-sec timers from the bird track as you can (you should be able to connect to at least 2). This way even if one slime dies, the others might still retain their priority. Even if they don't, you might still survive the hits from the moon bosses and collect their hearts to replenish health back to maximum.

Tried to post this yesterday but the forums were down. I added one little aesthetic touch to the PM arena, thought you might dig it.

2015-05-10_00001.jpg

Trying some stuff out, do you have a basic setup spec for the horseman blade farm? I wanna get it right and that's some complex s**t right there. Obviously I'm going to alter things a lil bit for the console(spear glitch issue, etc.) but your tips n tricks would be uber useful. I wish I could just port your map from pc to 360. The versions are wrong, I know, but still. This one is going to be a bit rougher to setup I think.

*And awesome aesthetic addition RearEchelon, I might have to add that to my xbox version. :)

Last edited:
Thanks. I tried to do something for the FM arena, too, but couldn't think of anything as cool as a flaming Jack O'Lantern.

Trying some stuff out, do you have a basic setup spec for the horseman blade farm? I wanna get it right and that's some complex s**t right there. Obviously I'm going to alter things a lil bit for the console(spear glitch issue, etc.) but your tips n tricks would be uber useful. I wish I could just port your map from pc to 360. The versions are wrong, I know, but still. This one is going to be a bit rougher to setup I think, I don't get the reason for the merchant/hork blocks to activate the statues though. Wouldn't it be better(easier and more effective) to use the same pressure plate setup to a little box with birds bouncing in it?

Birds are high risk since they will die to 1 shot from Ice Queens, whereas the town NPC can take many hits. Also, pumpkins from horseman's blade can eventually target birds as well (verified from testing). More importantly, the town NPC hoik mechanism can be moved very far away (which doesn't work for mobs since they would despawn) and the NPC won't teleport away so long as the NPC's house is on-screen. I only kept the NPC hoik mechanism on screen in my video to showcase what is going on, but in practice it should be further away.

You can wire the statues as follows: pass all three wires through a mob statue parallel horizontally, and connect the left ends to one pressure plate and the right ends to another pressure plate. Repeatedly stepping on both pressure plates will activate all 6 activation points. Activation points have 0.5 second cool-downs, so the pressure plates need to be activated every 0.5 seconds or faster.

I get it, I was looking at it and realized what you had going on there... having issues getting it going on the 360, but I am stubborn and will make it work. Realized the birds would die like 20 seconds after I posted that, hence the edit. Problem is I can't get some of the blocks to hoik correctly, so, I just did what you said and hooked the two plates up on each side a statue so I can step back and forth on them. Seems to be working so far, but I have a bit more construction to do before I can test the moon.

Back
Top Bottom