Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

Loving the PM Omega Farm, works great. Horsemans Blade is running pretty smoothly as well, the new FM Farm is almost up and running but the hoiks are being a severe pain on the console.... trying the teleporter loop switches and the NPC keeps porting into the ceiling because of the hoiks. Any ideas Dice?

Edit note: I just watched your ALL BOSS Challenge vid... Awesome. I would build it on the 360 but I can't control where the Plantera bulb is, as well as there being no Duke Fishron in the current console version. I do like the teleporter AFK loop idea though... Going to have to figure out a way to work it into some things on the xbox for sure.

Last edited:
Loving the PM Omega Farm, works great. Horsemans Blade is running pretty smoothly as well, the new FM Farm is almost up and running but the hoiks are being a severe pain on the console.... trying the teleporter loop switches and the NPC keeps porting into the ceiling because of the hoiks. Any ideas Dice?

It's not necessary to build the 60activations/sec machine - you can build something simpler. For instance, you could build a hoik track with teleporters at both ends to create a loop where the NPC moves to one end and gets teleported back to the beginning. Make it around 10 hoik teeth, and put a couple of pressure plates along the way. Alternately, maybe another layer of brick on the ceiling of the activation chamber would do the trick and prevent the NPC from being pushed up into the ceiling.

Edit note: I just watched your ALL BOSS Challenge vid... Awesome. I would build it on the 360 but I can't control where the Plantera bulb is, as well as there being no Duke Fishron in the current console version. I do like the teleporter AFK loop idea though... Going to have to figure out a way to work it into some things on the xbox for sure.

Thanks, I enjoyed making that all-boss challenge vid! The ultimate arena approach proved to be even better, taking down 3 more Forst moon bosses but at the expense of the Wall of Flesh. I'll do more of these challenge runs once 1.3 comes out and more bosses are added to the mix!

Regarding plantera bulbs: If you put down some jungle grass and have enough space for plantera bulbs to spawn, they'll spawn there eventually - might take a while though. If your jungle is already full of bulbs, then you should see bulbs spawn faster in your artificial jungle.

He's climbed up a few times, but mainly he'll stay out of sight, I can just about see his fireballs. Speaking of priority, does it apply to enemies as well? Would a spiky ball stop them receiving damage from a spear trap?

He's climbed up a few times, but mainly he'll stay out of sight, I can just about see his fireballs. Speaking of priority, does it apply to enemies as well? Would a spiky ball stop them receiving damage from a spear trap?

Yes, traps have their own priority system - the spiky balls can in fact interfere with spear traps, and often do if they spawn ahead of the spears.

I thought as much. I had alternating horizontal rows of spears with spiked ball below for several rows, but now I've copied your 12 spear vertical column. I've also done a column of block from the ground to the honey and he's climbing up about 95% of the time now, although now I'm getting BIG final waves there's so many that the slimes are losing their priority, I was killed at 4:20am.

I thought as much. I had alternating horizontal rows of spears with spiked ball below for several rows, but now I've copied your 12 spear vertical column. I've also done a column of block from the ground to the honey and he's climbing up about 95% of the time now, although now I'm getting BIG final waves there's so many that the slimes are losing their priority, I was killed at 4:20am.

Sounds like the tweaking is progressing nicely. So what did you adjust to make the Mourning Woods elevator up consistently?

Sounds like the tweaking is progressing nicely. So what did you adjust to make the Mourning Woods elevator up consistently?

I built a column right under the honey chamber like you said. So you reckon I should take the spiky ball traps out of the raven chamber?

Also, are the switches the bird turns on 2 tiles apart or 3?

I built a column right under the honey chamber like you said. So you reckon I should take the spiky ball traps out of the raven chamber?

Also, are the switches the bird turns on 2 tiles apart or 3?

Yes, take the spiky ball traps out and only use spear traps. That should boost the dps by quite a bit.

The pressure plates in the bird track have 2 tile spaces in between.

I see, I've done a 3 tile gap, but that's easily fixed. This is why I'm grateful for the glitch with the spear tips continuing upwards, I can use it to see how regular the traps are (or aren't). I keep forgetting to ask; is there a reason for alternating the spear columns, instead of having a solid wall of spear traps?

I see, I've done a 3 tile gap, but that's easily fixed. This is why I'm grateful for the glitch with the spear tips continuing upwards, I can use it to see how regular the traps are (or aren't). I keep forgetting to ask; is there a reason for alternating the spear columns, instead of having a solid wall of spear traps?

Yes - since mobs are two tiles wide or more, you can use spear trap batteries with 1 tile spaces in between and the mobs will still be hit 6 times per second, the cap.

That makes sense. Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions, but;

Should I take the flame traps out of the raven chamber too?
Does the crystal ball improve raven damage, as the staff is fuelled by mana?
Is the trick to have as many slimes as possible in the honey chamber? I had to take a healing potion at around 4am (which is when I get messages that NPCs are slain even though they're very far away).

That makes sense. Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions, but;

Should I take the flame traps out of the raven chamber too?

Yes, use spear traps only since every other trap interferes with spear trap damage.

Does the crystal ball improve raven damage, as the staff is fuelled by mana?

Nope, since the crystal ball boosts magic damage, and ravens do summon damage.

Is the trick to have as many slimes as possible in the honey chamber? I had to take a healing potion at around 4am (which is when I get messages that NPCs are slain even though they're very far away).

Ah, that's it - if NPCs are slain they can change slime damage priority. Nothing can die in the event if you want the slime to maintain top damage priority. You only need 1 slime for the event; I only suggested putting the slime statue on a timer because with multiple slimes you stand a greater chance of nullifying boss damage if you have trouble generating a slime with top priority.

I'm not sure why they died, I wasn't anywhere near the "village", it always happens at 4:02am, but I take a potion and then it's sunrise, so no biggy. I got to final wave at midnight, and they flooed in after that; did they honestly expect people to fight that without a farm?

I got cocky & tried a frost moon with the farm and got my :red: handed to me, so I had 2 great ideas on how to beat them, and it turned out they've both already been done, by you no less: standing on a spike and killing critters with the Horseman's blade. I have to ask though; how many temples did you raid to get that many spear traps?!?!

The single teleporter loop with and NPC for the switches is up and running on the console, and a pain to make it was. The spacing on console is a little bit different and sometimes the NPC ends up in the ceiling still, but when it works, it works great. Still only reaching wave 17 on the frost moon though, which is weird since the first 7 waves are done in about 30 seconds. Used the switch run to a pump system to drain the ocean into my aqua pvp arena, took about 10 minutes. lol

Did you also find on the console that the pirate invasion won't start at some points, but at others? It's a bloody nuisance for testing the farms, I have to be at a certain height & move over about 50 tiles to the right.

But mine are about 100+ tiles away, but sod it. Do you know much about damage priority? I tried the AFK chamber with a piranha statue in place of the slime and I died at wave 4, any ideas why that might be? Why some mobs have it more than others?

(By 50 east I meant on my gps so ~ 100 tiles east) I think it might have to do with the mobs melee damage speed, slimes have a super fast speed rating. The piranha would have a slower speed rating then is my guess. I also think this may be why the ice waves/presents/rockets will get thru sometimes, as they are possibly set to a faster or same speed as slimes. Been trying to figure it out for the last month. lol

Fair enough. My console is old and keeps crashing when there's too much going on. Then Horseman#s Blade farm doesn't seem to give as muck pumpkin moon loot as the raven chamber, have you noticed that too? Also, The console version seems to have a maximum when it comes to spear-traps firing, are you getting that?

Back
Top Bottom