Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

Fair enough. My console is old and keeps crashing when there's too much going on. Then Horseman#s Blade farm doesn't seem to give as muck pumpkin moon loot as the raven chamber, have you noticed that too? Also, The console version seems to have a maximum when it comes to spear-traps firing, are you getting that?

Indeed, the Horseman's Blade arena isn't that good for loot for Pumpkin Moon, even though it gets to the final wave faster than the Omega farm. The issue is that the pumpkins from the blade have trouble keeping up with the hordes of bosses in the final wave (the pumpkins are single hit only), whereas the Omega farm generates sustained damage since the traps and ravens are capable of multi-target hits. The Horseman's Blade farm is thus best saved for Frost Moon.

There is also a 1000 projectile limit on PC - it's probably the same on console. This means that using more than 1000 traps will cause some of them to misfire. Curiously though, using 1000 traps will prevent bosses and other mobs from firing projectiles!

But I only have 204 spear traps working, and I can tell their regularity thanks to that actuated spear glitch that sends the tips up through the sky. It should the lots of straight lines but if I have the last 36 spears on the rest go very uneven. Is there a maximum number of traps one timer can handle?

But I only have 204 spear traps working, and I can tell their regularity thanks to that actuated spear glitch that sends the tips up through the sky. It should the lots of straight lines but if I have the last 36 spears on the rest go very uneven. Is there a maximum number of traps one timer can handle?

If you let the spear tips glitch past the topmost spear traps, then 1000 spear tips (and other projectiles from mobs) can accumulate in the world pretty quickly - you don't necessary need 1000 traps to reach the 1000 projectile limit. On console it's a good idea to try to dissipate the spear tips by deactuating the topmost spear trap.

Of course it's also possible that the projectile limit is different on console.

If you let the spear tips glitch past the topmost spear traps, then 1000 spear tips (and other projectiles from mobs) can accumulate in the world pretty quickly - you don't necessary need 1000 traps to reach the 1000 projectile limit. On console it's a good idea to try to dissipate the spear tips by deactuating the topmost spear trap.

Of course it's also possible that the projectile limit is different on console.

That makes loads of sense. Shame, I was hoping they'd actually help with the ice queen, and the wyverns make a very satisfying noise off-screen when they fly through it, but I suppose it's not essential. I tried this with turtle armour (we don't get the beetle one) but I had better luck with the dragon amour while standing on a spike. I've had to swap a menacing cross necklace for the avenger emblem though, although I might give it another bash with your load-out now I've tweaked the trap.

I'm going to cover the spear-traps in active stone blocks, so I can rig up a soul of flight farm from the same spot. Would that count as a spawning point if it's every other block (over the spear batteries)?

I'm going to cover the spear-traps in active stone blocks, so I can rig up a soul of flight farm from the same spot. Would that count as a spawning point if it's every other block (over the spear batteries)?

Yes - spawns can occur on individual blocks. All that's required is an open 3x2 area above a block.

The way i found to make more traps fire on the console consecutivley is to wire in an extra 1 second timer on each layer of the circuit path half way thru, for some reason it will amp it up and make more fire it seems.

Fair enough. I just tried the Frost Moon with the blade, it worked well but all I got was one snowman cannon and a trophy. The problem I had was that the ice queen kept going off screen, there's no way to "zoom out" like the PC version can.

This doesn't work on the console. The top set of Spears fire in reverse order. Bottom to top first set of Spears hit the rest don't.
Would take some heavy rewiring to get them to fire in the proper order.

This doesn't work on the console. The top set of Spears fire in reverse order. Bottom to top first set of Spears hit the rest don't.

The spears don't need to fire in any particular order - they just need to fire in staggered fashion. The bird activates the spears from top to bottom in the current set-up, so I'm not quite sure what issue you're getting when you try this in your game. What do you mean by "first set" of spears and which spears don't fire exactly? Perhaps what you're seeing is due to a glitch in which spear tips fly upwards due to actuation of the traps. The solution, if that's the problem, is to deactuate the topmost spear in each battery. If you could take a snapshot of the spear traps not working that would help too. Other console players have been successful in setting up this farm, so perhaps we can figure out what's going on in your set-up and how to fix it.

This defintley works on the xbox360, which console? So far I haven't tried to build anything that DicemanX has posted that didn't work, a few very small adjustments for the console, but they all work. Some are insane to build and could drive a person to sit in a corner babbling jibberish rocking back and forth, this one is actually one of the easier ones in my opinion.

I was also thinking that perhaps the newest update might have changed something when it comes to this farm - console seems to still be pretty buggy, and who knows what new bugs the new update introduced. At the same time console now has all 4 sloped tiles, so it should make hoiking even easier :).

Forgive the noob, but I'm still not sure what "hoiking" is, or the "activation chamber" for that matter.

That's very helpful regarding the hoiks, thanks. Is there a video you know of showing how to build an activation chamber?

That's very helpful regarding the hoiks, thanks. Is there a video you know of showing how to build an activation chamber?

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...oiktronic-binary-skeleton-counter-video.6464/

ZeroGravitas presents a variety of hoik activation engines. The one I use is similar to his "house hoik engine" in the pic in the thread.

You should take the opportunity to go through all of ZeroGravitas's guides, since they outline a lot of key hoiking basics :).

WAY too much jargon in the guide, and the videos needs audio instructions, so we don't have to try and read the text AND watch what he/she is doing. It said that it only works during the day on console, which is no good for bosses/events either.

WAY too much jargon in the guide, and the videos needs audio instructions, so we don't have to try and read the text AND watch what he/she is doing. It said that it only works during the day on console, which is no good for bosses/events either.

The house hoik engine can be built from the pic, and it works at night as well. The guides are dense with info so it takes a bit of time to comb through everything, and the key is not to try to absorb everything at once but to try some of the mechanisms in your world (they're pretty quick to build - just short stretches of hoiks) and see first hand how they operate.

My Horseman's Blade thread shows the activation engine that I use:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-times-for-frost-moon-and-pumpkin-moon.18538/

Here are the pics:

A5NVrQz.jpg
RZV5FhL.jpg

The NPC is teleported via green wire into the chamber, and immediately starts moving back and forth between the two hoik teeth that point towards each other. The two pressure plates are connected by all three wire colors and lead to different activation points in the mob statues.

It was the mob statue bit I was unclear on. Are each of the timers in your old farm replaced by hoik/statue setup? Do they die per hoik or are they just piling up so you've got loads of mobs per chamber?

It was the mob statue bit I was unclear on. Are each of the timers in your old farm replaced by hoik/statue setup? Do they die per hoik or are they just piling up so you've got loads of mobs per chamber?

The timers that were removed in the new version of the farm used to power the spear traps (and in a much older version they used to power the mob statues as well). Now the activation chamber powers both the spear traps and the mob statues. The pressure plates are connected to both the various activation points in the statues, and one of those three wires also runs through every single spear trap.

Each swing of the Horseman's Blade hits 3 or 4 mobs. Since one swing usually isn't enough to kill a mimic, there are always 3 mimics in the chamber since the max rate of activation from a statue is 12 times per second (6 activation points, each with a 0.5 second cooldown). There is also at least 1 slime present in the chamber as well most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom