Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

Going by your images, the activation chamber only has all 3 wires going to the mobs, and only the blue wire going vertically into ALL the spear traps at once, meaning they'll all fire at once in one long "column" of spear tips. Won't that leave a 2+ second gap with no spears due to the cool-down?

Is the bat hooked up to a 1 second timer I'm not seeing?

Going by your images, the activation chamber only has all 3 wires going to the mobs, and only the blue wire going vertically into ALL the spear traps at once, meaning they'll all fire at once in one long "column" of spear tips. Won't that leave a 2+ second gap with no spears due to the cool-down?

When the bat passes through the vertical column it activates the spear trap rows in staggered fashion. Spear traps have a cooldown of 1.5 seconds, so after they are activated initially by the bat and then continuously activated 60 times a second via the activation chamber, the traps will continue to fire in staggered fashion.

They would only all fire at once if the bat didn't activate them in staggered fashion first.

Is the bat hooked up to a 1 second timer I'm not seeing?

Nope, the bat only needs to be activated once.

So the bat's powered by the NPC?

The bat is torned on by the switch that kick-starts everything. The bat hits a final pressure plate at the end of the veritcal track, sending the NPC into the activation chamber. Then the bat dies in the lava and the NPC powers everything at that point.

So why hook the bat up to the spears in the first place? And why is there only one colour wire on the spears instead of three? Don't they all just fire at the same time?

So why hook the bat up to the spears in the first place? And why is there only one colour wire on the spears instead of three? Don't they all just fire at the same time?

Let me clarify with some numbers. Suppose the bat activates the top row of spear traps at time 0, and the next row at time 0.1 seconds. Then the bat sends the NPC into the activation chamber and the NPC activates the spear traps 30 times a second. However, the spears have a cooldown on 1.5 seconds each. Therefore, the top row of spears will activate at the 1.5 second mark, then at the 3 second mark, then at the 4.5 second mark etc. The next row of spears will activate at the 1.6 second mark, then at the 3.1 second mark, then at the 4.6 second mark etc.

In other words, you need to activate the rows of traps in staggered fashion first, and only then send the NPC into the activation chamber. If you send the NPC into the activation chamber without using the bat to stagger the activations, then the spear traps will all fire in unison at the 1.5 second mark, then at the 3 second mark etc.

So the bat staggers the cooldown of the traps, got it. Given that the speartraps have a cooldown, what's the advantage of this system over timers?

So the bat staggers the cooldown of the traps, got it. Given that the speartraps have a cooldown, what's the advantage of this system over timers?

Timers will only activate spear traps every 2 seconds, while the NPC activation system will allow you to activate them every 1.5 seconds. This means fewer traps are needed to reach the hit cap of 6 hits per second (piercing weapons all have this hit cap). Furthermore, it seems that timers somehow impact spawn rates of mobs during moon events - it's not clear why this happens though.

Fair enough. Would a queen statue in the activation chamber work in place of teleporting an NPC in?

Also, it would be fair to point out to new users that hoiking doesn't actually work on console, making this farm no good unless timers are still used.

Yes, Hoiking works on the console (xbox 360), it just requires the spacing to be a little different. the NPC will sometimes end up in a wall or ceiling with the activation chamber, so I use the hoik'd row over pressure plates with a teleporter loop. As long as the NPCs home is on screen they won't teleport back at night, so it works great.

But I can't even make the sloped blocks work on myself. I've made sure they all point the same ay, I stand on the and nothing. I make it so I can teleport into them and nothing.

But I can't even make the sloped blocks work on myself. I've made sure they all point the same ay, I stand on the and nothing. I make it so I can teleport into them and nothing.

Take a pic of your set-up and we'll help. Hoiks work perfectly fine on console, but they need to be set up correctly.

ooh nice man looks good im eventually trying to build an afk frost moon farm for myself, do ya have any tips for the ice queen? i know she can be hard to farm so im planning to just put a lot of actuated spears above me and a layer of spikey balls

ooh nice man looks good im eventually trying to build an afk frost moon farm for myself, do ya have any tips for the ice queen? i know she can be hard to farm so im planning to just put a lot of actuated spears above me and a layer of spikey balls

For Frost Moon, definitely build this:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-times-for-frost-moon-and-pumpkin-moon.18538/

It's pretty easy to put together, but you will have to find a mimic statue. The spear traps are not critical either.

For Frost Moon, definitely build this:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-times-for-frost-moon-and-pumpkin-moon.18538/

It's pretty easy to put together, but you will have to find a mimic statue. The spear traps are not critical either.
kk i have a decent amount of spears and a LOT of spikey balls( like around 300 ) and i do happen to have a mimic statue so that will be ok for present mimics and also for some reaspn on your world just now, somehow a mourning wood killed me somehow and i had the slimes spawned before i spawned the moon so yeah...

kk i have a decent amount of spears and a LOT of spikey balls( like around 300 ) and i do happen to have a mimic statue so that will be ok for present mimics and also for some reaspn on your world just now, somehow a mourning wood killed me somehow and i had the slimes spawned before i spawned the moon so yeah...

Did you summon the slime the moment you teleported in, or did you wait until all the traps got going?

i summoned the slimes after the traps started because when i teleported to a7, the traps were already on

They weren't on initially - they get turned on the moment you teleport in, because teleporting into the farm triggers a bird statue and the summoned bird turns on all the timers that are hooked up to the traps. The reason I asked is because if you summon the slime right away, the slime might not get top damage priority - you need to wait until the bird dies first.

They weren't on initially - they get turned on the moment you teleport in, because teleporting into the farm triggers a bird statue and the summoned bird turns on all the timers that are hooked up to the traps. The reason I asked is because if you summon the slime right away, the slime might not get top damage priority - you need to wait until the bird dies first.
oh i didnt realize traps were involved in the priority syetem... well they do damage so yeah i guess it makes sense that they have priority
[DOUBLEPOST=1434076192,1434076024][/DOUBLEPOST]
Extended Protocol to increase Spear Trap DPS:

6) Swap in a Lucky Eye of the Golem and Lucky Destroyer Emblem for the Menacing Avenger Emblem and Menacing Hercules Beetle
7) Exchange Menacing versions of Papyrus Scarab, Necromantic Scroll, and Pygmy Necklace for Lucky versions
8) Equip a Godly Obsidian Swordfish (total 69% crit chance)
9) Dring a Rage Potion (+10% crit chance) and Sake (+2% crit chance) at the start of the Moon event

you dont have the obby swordfish in the chest

Back
Top Bottom