Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

oh i didnt realize traps were involved in the priority syetem... well they do damage so yeah i guess it makes sense that they have priority

It's not the traps, it's the bird - if you summon the slime and then the bird dies, the slime might lose top damage priority. If however you summon the slime after the bird dies, then the slime will have top priority. You'll have to listen for the dart trap killing the bird for confirmation before you activate the slime statue.

EDIT: I'll have to add the Swordfish to the chest - thanks for the heads-up. There might be a sword in one of the chests at home base.

It's not the traps, it's the bird - if you summon the slime and then the bird dies, the slime might lose top damage priority. If however you summon the slime after the bird dies, then the slime will have top priority. You'll have to listen for the dart trap killing the bird for confirmation before you activate the slime statue.
oh lol i didnt have my speakers on...

Take a pic of your set-up and we'll help. Hoiks work perfectly fine on console, but they need to be set up correctly.

I've sorted it now, the activation chamber is working fine, thanks for your help. Although for the frost moon it didn't even get me to final wave, I had better luck with a re-purposed crimson key mould farm that just drops lots of spikey balls from a great height, while I kill 1 bunny & 1 mimic with the Horseman's Blade. I used the load-out you recommended though, and we don't get half the potions you listed on console. But even then, I got further on that than I did with the updated farm (I got to final wave).

I've sorted it now, the activation chamber is working fine, thanks for your help. Although for the frost moon it didn't even get me to final wave, I had better luck with a re-purposed crimson key mould farm that just drops lots of spikey balls from a great height, while I kill 1 bunny & 1 mimic with the Horseman's Blade. I used the load-out you recommended though, and we don't get half the potions you listed on console. But even then, I got further on that than I did with the updated farm (I got to final wave).

Post a pic of the setup, I've been tweeking the horsemans blade farm and can get it to wave 19 on the 360, still won't quite hit the final wave tho.

Every time I see your builds It reminds me I am neglecting my engineering.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434216811,1434216598][/DOUBLEPOST]Totally off topic on your thread as well but it would be really cool if the direction of traps was influenced by hammering so they could be fired up, down, left or right.

Post a pic of the setup, I've been tweeking the horsemans blade farm and can get it to wave 19 on the 360, still won't quite hit the final wave tho.
I'm not sure I can take a pick on PS3, there's no way to zoom out, so it would be me and my camera phone. I'm the same as you though, wave 19. I think it's because the PC users have extra potions & gear they can use. It would be an interesting experiment for a PC user to try it with a console load-out.

I am on mobile and its realy hard to get spear traps. I thought if i conect omega farm whit canonball arena and put canonball in red circle will it stay the same dps or grow. But i remove spear traps that are down.
2015-06-28_22.02.14.jpg

Black line is how far i can reach (19 blocks). I need tne max dps bicose i have shorter nights ~8 or 10min.

Will it work?
Tnx you are awsome:happy:

Diceman, do you think at some point you could try both your moon farms with a console-style load-out, so we can compare times? I think some console users would find that interesting...

I am on mobile and its realy hard to get spear traps. I thought if i conect omega farm whit canonball arena and put canonball in red circle will it stay the same dps or grow. But i remove spear traps that are down.View attachment 59699
Black line is how far i can reach (19 blocks). I need tne max dps bicose i have shorter nights ~8 or 10min.

Will it work?
Tnx you are awsome:happy:

That's an interesting idea! You will need to remove the traps since both the traps and the cannon do piercing damage and thus both interfere with one another. Try out the cannon approach and let us know whether it improves the Pumpkin Moon event!

Diceman, do you think at some point you could try both your moon farms with a console-style load-out, so we can compare times? I think some console users would find that interesting...

I do not have terraria on console, but I might be able to help if I saw the Omega farm in action on console so I can see for myself how the Pumpkin Moon event goes and why it doesn't run as well as it does on PC. Perhaps it's due to the gear and potions, but maybe there's something else that can be adjusted!

It's definitely the gear/potions. What I meant to say was that you only use items available on console, just to see how much of a difference it makes to your own record, not to compare farms. I'm interested to see if you're able to reach final wave on Frost Moon without the 1.2.4 gear/potions, and also the Omega farm's final wave time too.

How well does this work for the frost moon? The AI for the Ice Queen is different from the Pumpking, so would the traps still be viable?

How well does this work for the frost moon? The AI for the Ice Queen is different from the Pumpking, so would the traps still be viable?

Not too well, the bosses need a different approach. You should look up Diceman's horseman's blade farm, it's mental.

I just built this on my Xbox one World. And tried it out. Had to wait awhile till got the Raven Staff. Was getting wave 15 by like 3am. Then got the staff and got wave 15 at like 12am. Thanks a lot for this build :D Its works great.

This is truly awesome! I have a few questions, though (because I probably missed it.)

1. Will this work in 1.3?
2. How do I keep the NPC from moving off the teleporter (not the one in the farm?) I've built a "cell", so-to-speak, which I thought would trap them there, but they somehow eventually escape.
3. How about the Xeno Staff and a Bewitching Table with the Stardust Armor set?
4. How the hell do you figure this stuff out?

Last edited:
This is truly awesome! I have a few questions, though (because I probably missed it.)

1. Will this work in 1.3?
2. How do I keep the NPC from moving off the teleporter (not the one in the farm?) I've built a "cell", so-to-speak, which I thought would trap them there, but they somehow eventually escape.
3. How about the Xeno Staff and a Bewitching Table with the Stardust Armor set?
4. How the hell do you figure this stuff out?

This does work in 1.3, although the spear trap damage is smaller since the traps no longer crit. However, we now have access to some very powerful minions, and we can even use nebula armor to generate massive minion damage boosts. In other words, you can begin by wearing nebula armor and kill some slimes (away from the farm) to generate damage boosts, then switch into stardust armor and activate the bewitching table. Then collect the nebula boosts, teleport into the farm, and summon minions.

For the merchant NPC, make sure you trap them in a well 3 tiles wide, with a teleporter below. You can build a house that tapers to a 3 tile wide area, so long as the entire house is not 3 tiles wide.

And how do I figure this out you ask? It's mostly through the evolution - this type of farm has gone through many iterations and a lot of stuff has been discovered along the way to make the farm better :).

W00t w00t. Looks like a new record is on the way! Thanks for the reply!

Hey, about that merchant house... I don't exactly know what you mean about tapering the house. Are you saying it should be wider at the top and smaller at the bottom? Like an upside-down pyramid? Got a screenshot?

W00t w00t. Looks like a new record is on the way! Thanks for the reply!

Hey, about that merchant house... I don't exactly know what you mean about tapering the house. Are you saying it should be wider at the top and smaller at the bottom? Like an upside-down pyramid? Got a screenshot?

Here's one example:

F8F98B34B2EF84B684644FE9A960609EB802F585

The tapered NPC houses are in the bottom right corner.

Okay, Diceman. I've been at this since Saturday. I'm having a couple of issues with getting attacked by the event enemies even though the slime is attacking me and the honey causing me to drown. I've noticed in your screenshot in the OP that the honey is basically level with the slime status. However, if the honey is just below the statue and I put one more bucket, it goes over and I start drowning. Is there a minimum amount of honey?

Also, Is it at all possible for you to do an updated version for 1.3 with new armor sets, minions, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom