Other Ultrawide Support

Do you use an ultrawide monitor of any kind? (21:9 or wider aspect ratio)

• Total voters
Hey I just really quickly want to say this is an amazing game, and always has been. I've been playing for as long as I can remember, and its always been a blast seeing the new features, as well as all the interesting things you come across in this game, but there is one thing I really look forward to seeing in this game. Built in Ultrawide monitor support.

Now I know I'm not the first one saying this, but it is seriously an issue for us ultrawide users. The screen stretches horizontally to fill the space, making the game look uglier than it actually is, and it keeps our vision very close and magnified for no reason. If you could fix the hud to appear in the corners and not be stretched, as well as properly zoom and scale the actual game, that would really make a lot of people happy.

Thank you so much again, and I look forward to hearing what the community has to say about ultrawide, as well as the developers.

Most graphics cards have a driver option that lets you select whether the display should be scaled, stretched or to display at the selected resolution with black bars. This doesn't detract from your suggestion, but it may solve your horizontal stretching until proper support is implemented.

Most graphics cards have a driver option that lets you select whether the display should be scaled, stretched or to display at the selected resolution with black bars. This doesn't detract from your suggestion, but it may solve your horizontal stretching until proper support is implemented.
The issue with using drivers to scale the game properly is that it stretches the game horizontally and makes the game much uglier and zooms in instead of expanding for the extra space.

The issue with using drivers to scale the game properly is that it stretches the game horizontally and makes the game much uglier and zooms in instead of expanding for the extra space.
In that case, you're probably using a 'stretch' option instead of a 'scale' option. A scale option should keep the aspect ratio and leave black bars on the sides instead of stretching it out or zooming in on the centre and cropping parts of the display. (Unless you are using a TV as a computer monitor?)

Back
Top Bottom